Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:08:09 PM EDT
I'm currently having a house built and it will be wired for speakers in the following locations:

-the great room (surround sound) and pairs in these locations,
-the master bedroom
-the master bath
-the office
-the kitchen
-outside above the deck

My wiring guy said that each room will have a dimmer-type control that will adjust the volume. However, at the moment I only have one A/V rec'r with A and B speaker posts, and of course the surround sound posts. My question is, how do I get all these speakers to be controlled by that 1 A/V rec'r?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Didn't know that forum even existed!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You are wiring an entire house for surround speakers and multi-room, but arent going to spring for the right equipment to run it? What the hell are you thinking?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You are wiring an entire house for surround speakers and multi-room, but arent going to spring for the right equipment to run it? What the hell are you thinking?

Thanks for the kind advice. I will have a surround system in the TV room but at the moment I don't have the $ to buy extra speakers and a rec'r for the other rooms. Yes, I wired it because you can't go back later and do it. In case you don't know it costs a pretty penny to build a house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top