Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 5:11:01 PM EDT
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  egg nog milkshakes from Steak N Shake

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under
the tree?  Santa doesnt wrap--the ones that say Santa and are wrapped are from your mom

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree--white on the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? dont have any to hang

5. When do you put your decorations up? geez, when i have time, like last night

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?   mashed potatoes and mom's gravy

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  sneaking out of my room in the basement in Salisbury to look at all the stuff at about 3am

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  i dunno

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? not normally

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  this requires organization and baking

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow

12. Can you ice skate?  on occasion

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Weebles treehouse

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  patience

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  Mom's chocolate crinkle cookies and Ohio buckeyes

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  o thats a hard one--i think going around the tree opening one present at a time and seeing what everyone else is getting

17. What tops your tree?   angel

18. Which do you prefer?   Giving or Receiving?
Giving is the best, but who minds receiving??  

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?   For some reason, The Little Drummer Boy makes me cry every time

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  yum

edited to add color
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with Perpermint Schnaps.

the tree? Mom and Dad bring presents, Santa fills the socks with goodies and surprises.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree--white on the house +1

4. Do you hang mistletoe? YES!

5. When do you put your decorations up?

The hubby put up the lights on the 10th of December.  The kids and I got the house decorated last week end.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? sweet potatoe casserole with crunchies and marshmellows on top.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My parents moved to So. Cal when  I was 8.  Our first Christmas was a bit of an adjustment since it was typically 70ish rather than the white Christmas' that I was used too.  My father took us to mid night mass and we when we came out of mass we were finally in the Holiday spirit.  The Christmas Carols were so nice and it was a big beautiful church.  When we came out of the church there was a mexican band play Feliz Navidad but I thought they were singing "Fleas on the Dog"  I asked my Dad about it and he started laughing so hard we had to leave.  To this day we always sing Fleas on the Dog every Christmas after Mid Night Mass.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 9.  My aunt broke the news to me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  The kids get to put out their socks for Santa and put on their new Christmas PJ's.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? What ever William or Whitney make for him.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow...+1

12. Can you ice skate? Not well

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Grandmother always gave me a music box, these were my favorite.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The Birth of Christ, the gathering of family, the sharing with others and the giving and the FOOD!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Grandma's Pecan Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  We read out of the bible nightly every night before the kids go to sleep and we put out the Nativity scene on the 18th [which is my brother's birthday].  When we get up in the morning of CHristmas Wyatt gets to put Baby Jesus in his crib and then we open presents.

17. What tops your tree?  I had a glass Angel that my Grandmother made me when I was a little girl but its getting too fragile to use so Wyatt made a star last year and we used it this year.

18. Which do you prefer? Giving or Receiving?  I prefer to give then to receive.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Hark the Herald Angel Sings and Ding Dong! Merrily On High and of course Flez Navidad

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yum
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

the tree? Wraps them

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? blue/white on the house, white in the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? Outside lights went up early November (it was still warmer) but weren't turned on until midDecember, inside decorations went up mid December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? stuffing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We lived in Tennessee for a few years and one year we were visiting family in Indiana and drove home late Christmas Eve. My older brother and I were sure there was no Santa at that point and time. When we got home all the presents were under the tree. Mom & Dad had no time to do that before we left, so we knew there had to be a Santa. To this day, Mom still won't tell us who put the presents out.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? don't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Kids open one, I don't

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? sugar

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love to watch it, hate to drive in it.

12. Can you ice skate? yes, but I don't anymore.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? there has been many favorites

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? being with family and remembering the true meaning of Christmas

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? don't really have one.

17. What tops your tree? Angel

18. Which do you prefer? Giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Silent Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUCK
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Er...Get Both

the tree? There are no paper products in the North Pole

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? not this year

5. When do you put your decorations up? When I feel like it...usually middle of Dec. I have waited as late as the 21st

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? stuffing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We were still in South Philly. I was five. Sometime after midnight, mom and dad woke my older brother and I up (oldest was away with the Army) to tell us Santa had come. We ran downstairs, and saw the tree (aluminum) and all the toys. When I was a kid, Santa brought it all--including the tree. We played for an hour or so, then my parents hurried us off to bed. I went to sleep dreaming of my new roller skates and my new bike and the doll I had spent an hour "growing" and "shortening" her hair

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 6 or 7. Brings a whole new meaning to "don't ask, don't tell"

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open gifts from family/friends who won't be with us on Christmas day (I have an open house here Italiano style)

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Egg biscuits and hello dollies

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I only love it on Christmas eve

12. Can you ice skate? yes, but it isn't pretty to watch

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Rocking chair, 8 Chritmases ago

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? not losing my mind and killing people...seriously. People get stupid this time of year

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Tiramisu

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Seafood extravaganza (Italiano style) on Christmas eve surrounded by family and friends

17. What tops your tree? A gold and mother of pearl star

18. Which do you prefer? Giving or Receiving? Depends..hey, I'll be honest...I like the shopping part: when I have time and money...but I also like the anticipation on the faces of others when they hand me a gift THEY'RE excited about giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Good King Wenceslas and Holly and the Ivy. FTR??? I HATE Elvis' "Blue Christmas"

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Which one has the liquor?  seriously, I rarely drink either one.  I'll stick with wine.

the tree?   Santa RAPS!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White everywhere

4. Do you hang mistletoe? It's there all year long!

5. When do you put your decorations up? I  usually start right after Thanksgiving, and then it peters out until we get a tree.  This year we havent even had time to get a tree yet.  But I did decorate!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?   I love turnips and sweet potatoes!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  Mom and Dad got me Tiffany Taylor and her penthouse one year.  That was awesome.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  I'm sure my older twin brothers might have had something to do with it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  We never did this.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow is wonderful if you don't have to be to work that day.

12. Can you ice skate?    Yes, very well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  A diamond heart pendant from my late husband.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  family and friends

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  gotta go with the cookies, Alex.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  drinking

17. What tops your tree?   a star.

18. Which do you prefer?   Giving, until I run out of money and freak out.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?  God rest ye merry gentleman (the Bare Naked Ladies version)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  I hate hard candy.  I don't see the point.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, the French Vanilla kind

the tree? I wrap mine, the boyfriend doesn't wrap his.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? no lights up

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? when I'm doing housework, put mine up last week

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? holiday potatoes, yum

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? driving around looking at all the lights around town on Christmas Eve

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  I don't have kids, but when I was a kid we'd set out some of the ones my Mom made

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  Only like it on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

12. Can you ice skate?  yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  When I was a kid, I got an electronic keyboard that was pretty awesome.  A couple years ago I got an automatic car starter that is just the shiznit on days like this.  This year I got an ACOG equipped AR-15.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Togetherness with loved ones.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  I don't think I can pick just one.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Christmas Dinner

17. What tops your tree? Don't have a tree up

18. Which do you prefer? Giving or Receiving?  It's about a toss up.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?  Jingle Bell Rock.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Peppermint Hot Chocolate (Starbucks )

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? dont have any to hang

5. When do you put your decorations up? We did ours the first weekend in December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? stuffing or my future grandma-in-law's mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? driving around with my dad & brothers after midnight mass Christmas Eve going Santa Hunting while my step mom was putting our presents under the tree.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 6 or 7 and my step mom slipped up
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We come from "traditional" divorced families and have several Christmas'
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? chocolate chip

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow

12. Can you ice skate? not well, but its fun to try

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my first big girl bike

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Homemade Cheescake, my Grandma's Seven Layer Cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We make fun of Grandma for previous years' Christmas Goof-Ups
17. What tops your tree? star

18. Which do you prefer? Giving or Receiving? Giving is the best, but who doesn't like receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yum
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Hot Chocolate with marshmallows

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?   Ham or Turkey (MEAT)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  Walking downstairs and finding a go-cart

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  8 yo

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  Sugar with decorations

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Like to visit snow

12. Can you ice skate?   Yes. Love it!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Go-cart

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Making sure my kids understand that it's about giving and not getting

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  Cheesecake!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Food - Ham, Scalloped potato, Baked Beans, Fresh Bread, Mmmmmmm

17. What tops your tree?   Star

Giving. I tend to put too much thought into it though...

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?   Randolph the Bull Legged Cowboy

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  I used to like them, but now not so much...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  I prefer hot apple cider with cinammon sticks in it, but I'll take egg nog

the tree?  Santa wraps this year on the request of my 5 year old.  Unfortunately, the elves did not help at all.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights

4. Do you hang mistletoe? When I have it

5. When do you put your decorations up? Saturday after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?   Dressing and gravy

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  When I was about 5, my dad couldn't wait any longer for me to get up and open my presents, so around 6 am, he came into my room with my new toy rainbow brite horse and pranced it around me on the bed until I woke up.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  I knew from the time I was about 5, but I played along until mom told me when I was about 8

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  It varies, whatever I wind up baking

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It depends, do I have to go anywhere or can I just stay home and build snowmen?

12. Can you ice skate?  I used to, but it's been years

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Rainbow Brite horse (see #7)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  remembering our saviour's birth and spending time with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  Hubby's grandmother's snowball cake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Decorating the tree on the saturday after Thanksgiving while listening to Christmas carols

17. What tops your tree?   star

Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?   I've always loved Silent Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  normal ones are yuck, but there are some good flavors out now

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Wassail

the tree?  Gifts are wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  No reason to

5. When do you put your decorations up? Haven't put them up yet

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?  Turkey or ham

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  Don't have one

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In second grade from friends at school

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  None

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!

12. Can you ice skate?  No, nearest rink is probably 80 miles away.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  No

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and friends

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Don't really have a favorite

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Family getting together

17. What tops your tree?   Will be a star

18. Which do you prefer?   Giving or Receiving? Neither

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?  'We Three Kings'  or 'All I want for Christmas is You'

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  Yuck!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Hot chocolate and a can of whipped cream, to keep topping it off.

the tree? When I was a kid, Santa did not wrap, but when my children came along, Santa used paper that had Santa's all over it, the other gifts were regular papers.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? The house would be covered, the tree had to be able to "dance" with lights.  White lights were for the trees outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? That would be pointless.

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year a freind decided I needed a tree, otherwise I would not have one.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?   N/A

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  Hiding under the tree watching the bubble lights

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I had an uncle that was the devil, and when he gave me a big long lecture about Santa being real, I knew it was BS.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I used to let the kids open their new jammies on Christmas Eve.  It got to be, "Can we open something besides the PJ's this year"?

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  Decorated

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I grew up in Phoenix, I didn't even know what snow was. But now I am in Missouri, so snow at Christmas, and only at Christmas is welcome.  Doesn't always work that way though.

12. Can you ice skate?  I went Ice Skating once, I was either shuffleing around on my ankles, or on my ass.  So that's a big NO.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Not sure it was a gift, but I remember.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Making sure the kids understood what Christmas was about.  I always told them, "Santa is real as long as you believe in him, Jesus is real whether you believe or not".

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? N/A

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Putting the lights on the tree a certain way, I didn't know it was such a big deal until my girls asked for instructions.

17. What tops your tree?   Angel

18. Which do you prefer?   Giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?   The Christmas song by Nat King Cole

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  I hated them, but, now they come in wintergreen and cherry

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
btt

guys, you can do this too, if you care to bother  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
btt

guys, you can do this too, if you care to bother  

OK, I'm in.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate Plus [rumple mintz]

the tree? WRAP

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? House White, Tree Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Couldn't find any of the real stuff

5. When do you put your decorations up? Last Night and Tonight

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Scalloped Potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Getting Colecovision, which kicked Atari's ASS

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Always knew. He was an Elf. The Story says so

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, only one.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? I always ate them all before he could get any ME LIKE COOKIE

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow on Christmas is the best snow that there is

12. Can you ice skate? Not a pretty sight, but I dont fall down

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The aforementioned Colecovision

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Time with my wife

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My wife's Chocolate Chip Cookies, Did I mention ME LIKE COOKIE?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Saying a few words to remember ancestors that are no longer with us.

17. What tops your tree? A Star

18. Which do you prefer? Giving or Receiving?
Giving is the best, but who minds receiving?? +1

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? WHITE CHRISTMAS by Bing, no doubt

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM

Merry Christmas Ladies
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Hot Chocolate

the tree?  Santa wraps. I made the miststake of wrapping santa's presents when my oldest was a baby...now 75-100 presents have to be wrapped each year.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Ive done both. This year its colored on the tree. White outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually first weekend in December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?   Honeybaked ham and sides.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  Falling asleep under the tree.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Mean older brother broke the news when I was 7 or 8.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?  The kids get to pick out one each to set out for Santa. They usually choose the sugar cookies with fun decorations, but as they get older, choose my favorites!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  Snow...whats that?

12. Can you ice skate?  Yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Atari 400 Computer.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Making Christmas special for the people I love.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  Fudge.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  My kids all buy one gift for each of their brothers and sisters. Those are opened on Christmas eve. My kids don't always get along, but are so thoughtful when choosing gifts for their siblings.

17. What tops your tree?   An angel thing that one of my kids made in pre-school.

18. Which do you prefer?   Giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?   Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top