Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2004 3:04:35 PM EST
I need a bayonet for my AR.. It is a 16" barrel plus a Vortex FS with mid-lenght handguards.. Someone over in the AR forum said pre-ban arms but I called and he said what he has wont fit.. So what model do I need and where can I get on?
I would like to deal with a dealer from this board but not necessary..
My new pre-ban upper should be here in a day or two so I want to get it ASAP..
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:10:30 PM EST
Unless there is a bayo that I am not aware of, they won't work on a 16" barrel. If you had a 14.5" with a permantly attached Vortex, you would have something to work with.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:15:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:21:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By Cope:
Unless there is a bayo that I am not aware of, they won't work on a 16" barrel. If you had a 14.5" with a permanently attached Vortex, you would have something to work with.

So what you are saying is.. Any barrel over 14.5 inches, with a lug is completely useless.

So why in the F' did they ban Bayo lugs on all AR15's?

Jackass's!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:28:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

Unless there is a bayo that I am not aware of, they won't work on a 16" barrel. If you had a 14.5" with a permanently attached Vortex, you would have something to work with.

So what you are saying is.. Any barrel over 14.5 inches, with a lug is completely useless.

Jackass's!

Cuz they were retards? Or didn't you notice?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:29:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:35:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

Jackass's!

Based on Cuzco's add, they are available that work on a 16" barrel. I just know the Colt Bayonet I have is useless with any of my 16" Colts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:37:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 6:23:44 PM EST by Noname]

Originally Posted By skeeters65:
I need a bayonet for my AR.. It is a 16" barrel plus a Vortex FS with mid-lenght handguards.. Someone over in the AR forum said pre-ban arms but I called and he said what he has wont fit.. So what model do I need and where can I get on?
I would like to deal with a dealer from this board but not necessary..
My new pre-ban upper should be here in a day or two so I want to get it ASAP..
Thanks

If it has Mid-Length gas system (not CAR Length) and has a lug---a good ol' M7 will fit fine. It will be a tad forward on the FS but it won't hurt nuttin----------
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:47:01 PM EST
cmjohnson

Check out CTD . I got one from them and it was a little fubar . I could make it work , but still it was advertised as new.They sent me a new one and told me to keep the other . Now I have two .
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:04:32 PM EST
I would look at any local gunshow or flea market. Ususally one can bins and bins of M7s.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:12:28 PM EST
This is the one I have. Colt @ CDNN It may, indeed, work with mid length handguards. On a 6920 upper, the ring on the bayonet comes all the way behind the birdcage and flops around on the smaller diameter of the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:26:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
, I'm looking for an M7 bayonet. The M9 doesn't do it for me.

CJ

Go to Brigade Quartermasters ,and Cheaper than Dirt , they have them.
Top Top