Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2001 3:05:32 PM EDT
help,
i can't get my local law enforcement officer (police chief or sheriff) to agree to sign off on a class III weapons transfer.
Someone said a judge could sign off on it.  does anyone know of a way of getting a signature in the Houston, TX area.
Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I seem to recall that a corporation buying class III does not need to get the CLEO sign-off.  Look into that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't they have to have a reason to deny you???

A few years back when one of my buddies moved here and the CLEO there refused, he said okay and came back with his attorney a few days later. Somehow his paperwork was taken care of in short order.

Just something to think about doing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You have several options.  You can get a prosecutor, either local or federal, to sign off as well as ANY judge.  Go and make an appointment with your local prosecutor and plead your case.  Also, you can petition your local court for a writ of mandamus (at least that's what it's called in VA) to order the CLEO to sign off if you otherwise qualify.  

Good luck- that's bullshit if he/she is arbitrarily refusing to sign for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
GREAT, so now all i have to do is to find a judge that's sympathetic to those who want to exorcise their second amendment rights.
I think I will check with the NRA or TSRA.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top