Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:52:40 AM EDT
reccomend some more groups for me...

here's the deal - i used to be huge into heavy metal, but then i went into my rap phase for a couple years.  i got tired of rap...  all these no talent "artists" that have been coming out lately have really ruined it for me.  

anyways, i'm getting back into metal.  my old collection has gotten kind of stale, so i'm looking for some more cd's to buy.

i prefer newer metal.  i'm not a big fan of older stuff.  some of my favorite bands are chimaira, nothingface, spineshank, soulfly, machinehead,  slipknot, and pantera(not all that new, but it still rocks).

i'm looking for more groups that are similar to what i mentioned above.  i like my metal to be hard and fast paced...  high energy if you will.  all reccomendations will be greatly appriceated.

oh, and no metallica please
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out LOSA.

From Dallas, signed to Metal Blade, good dudes+insane riffage.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, i'll check them out!

any more?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
soilwork, spineshank, lifer, downset, in flames

ill think of more
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Get Blood Duster's YEEST album.  They have the grooviest, rockinest riffs I have yet heard.

They had a followup album to that that sucked and another album called CUNT which was pretty good, except it's only about 25 minutes long, thus not that good of a value.

Anyone else?  Let's hear it for YEEST!

ETA: The best site for metal reviews by far I have found is chroniclesofchaos.com

Also, someone else mentioned downset.  I once nailed the frontman for that band in a mosh pit because he was being a dick.  I didn't know who he was and a pissed off fan sucker punched me in the face from behind I had blood running all down my face and all over the front of my shirt.  It was a good story.  I love metal concerts!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Check out Nile and Impaled.  

The Haunted are pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The new Cradle of Filth album is phenomenal. I am partial to Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Converge.

I persaonally think Clutch is Gods gift. Not exactly hardcore though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Opeth, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Three Inches of Blood,
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys!  i forgot about in flames...  thats some good stuff right there too.  i forgot about primer 55 too.  if y'all haven't heard them, go pick up an alblum.

i'll be checking out all of this stuff.  if i like it, i'll probably have to order it online...  i doubt best buy carries any of it.  too bad blockbuster music isn't around here anymore.  they had everything.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The band is more prog rock but get Dream Theater "Train of Thought" . It will blow your mind! Very Heavy!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Metal is dead.

Its all rapmetal now or hippie folks tunes with distortion pedals.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I am into the OLDER HM bands...

Iron Maiden is back and "Dance of Death" is a GREAT F(*&%in ALBUM!!

Dream Theater although not HARDCORE HM they are GREAT.

Black N Blue who never really made it big time ... I like them... they arent HARD HM either

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
thanks guys!  i forgot about in flames...  thats some good stuff right there too.  i forgot about primer 55 too.  if y'all haven't heard them, go pick up an alblum.

Im glad u said primer 55 not too many people have heard of them.  have they come out with a new cd?

a couple web sites i have gotten videos from are:

www.antipopvideos.com
www.urbanchaosvideos.com
www.hdpvidz.com/index1.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I forgot to add one of my recent favorites,  Lamb of God  "Ashes of the Wake" is an awesome CD.  "As the Palaces Burn" is another good one from them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#15]
One of my favorite bands...try some "Flotsam and Jetsam".  It's hardcore to the Max.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#16]
LAMB OF GOD
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Young'ins.....

Old school. The one who really kick started death metal.

THE GREAT KAT!!!!

Worship me or DIE!

A graduate of Julliard can't be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Get some Pantera (Vulgar)  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll second In FLames and Soilwork.  Check out Shadows Fall too.  For something in the vein, but a little different, try Mastodon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Go get the Megadeth album Peace Sells But Whos Buying.

Definitely a good album to drive, kill or go nuts to

You might like Testament.

But since you don't really like old stuff, you might not want to go back to your roots
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Get some older Fear Factory, the last few were okay, but not like the older stuff...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#22]
The latest Fear Factory kicks ass.

The lastest Mudvayne is amazing as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Manowar.

Other bands play, MANOWAR KILLS!

Ahh, to be an angry teenager again...  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Slayer. But its not new. All the new stuff sucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Slayer. But its not new. All the new stuff sucks.

No way, they're new stuff is awesome!

Here's a few that weren't mentioned;
Throwdown
Arch Enemy
Cataract
At The Gates (slaughter of the soul album!!!)
God Forbid
Dimmu Borgir
Caliban
Maryr AD (the human condition album)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#26]
With all the new metal all the singers do is SHOUT, SCREAM. Why can't they get back to guys that can at least carry a tune? THe ond Judas Priest ( They have a new album out BTW ) Iron Maiden, etc. They could sing a s well as play kick butt guitar solos.

+1 on Manowar I don't know if they are a new or old band but they have a real different sound
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm listening to "Disturbed - 10,000 Fists" right now
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
LAMB OF GOD

+1000

Bury your dead
Earth Crisis
God bless Texas and Pantera!

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Right now I am into Down, Corrosion of Conformity and Crowbar.  I don't like hardly any of the new metal stuff, but I dig Pantera and a few others.  I cut my teeth on metal back in '83 with Iron Maiden and the like.  If you like Pantera, check out Down.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
With all the new metal all the singers do is SHOUT, SCREAM. Why can't they get back to guys that can at least carry a tune? THe ond Judas Priest ( They have a new album out BTW ) Iron Maiden, etc. They could sing a s well as play kick butt guitar solos.

+1 on Manowar I don't know if they are a new or old band but they have a real different sound

Check out Nevermore.  That dude can sing good, and the guitar playing is amazing IMO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Himsa - Courting Tragedy and Disaster

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#33]
OTEP, Motograter, Kalmah(?spelling?).
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#34]
In Flames
Slipknot
Spineshank
Hatebreed
As I lay Dying
Killswitch
Slayer, definately Slayer
Pantera
Superjoint Ritual
Agalloch
Children of Bodom
Opeth
Black Label Society <-- Zakk is a metal god
Napalm Death
Meshuggah
Down
Mudvayne
Angel Fallen
Six Feet Under
Cannibal Corpse
Disturbed, kinda
Burning Witch
Sepultura
Cradle of Filth, if you can stomach that garbage
Tool
You said you didn't like Metallica, but they are still the fathers of metal.

I know I'm leaving some out, but thats a good start.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#35]
The new Sevendust single is awesome, sounds like someone gave them their balls back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Machinehead
Old metallica
Spineshank
Killswitch engage
Dry Kill Logic
some Slipknot
some fear factory
soulfly
sepultura

I am mostly out of the loop, but this stuff is what I mostly listen to.

ETA; when looking for stuff I might like I go to www.bnrmetal.com/ to find connections between bands and see what band members are where now etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#37]
one word........

VEHEMENCE

ok a few more..

Heavenshallburn
The Black Dahlia Murder
Misery Index
Origin
the Red Chord

i could go on but i wont
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Im glad u said primer 55 not too many people have heard of them.  have they come out with a new cd?

they have two alblums that i know of.  i bought "introduction to mayhem" about 5 years ago.  it had more of the "rap-metal" sound to it.  some may not like that, but i thought it was pretty badass.  then there was another alblum that came out not too long after that.  it was absolutely incredible.  

edit:  i just got on launchcast - according to them, primer 55's last alblum came out in 2001, so no new alblums yet.  if another comes out, i'll be first in line to buy it.

thanks for all the responses guys, i'll be picking up some new cd's as soon as i get my next paycheck(my last one bought a shitload of emergency food, water, and ammo)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#39]
AMON AMARTH ! If you can download some songs i recommend
Death in fire
Bloodsheed
Where silent gods stand guard

Also slayer is releasing a new album in oct i believe.
Six Feet Unders new album 13 is freaking outstanding .
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
OTEP, Motograter, Kalmah(?spelling?).

I saw them live last year. The frontman damn near started a riot. I've never heard a guy work a pit into a frenzy like he did.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#41]
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Killswitch Engage
Arch Enemy
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The new Cradle of Filth album is phenomenal. I am partial to Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Converge.

I persaonally think Clutch is Gods gift. Not exactly hardcore though.

+1 on Killswitch Engage.  

Cradle is good too, but their new stuff is kinda... lame.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Black Label Society <-- Zakk is a metal god

HUGE  +1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Again, none of you punks even mentioned PRO-PAIN. Just DO IT!

AB
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Drowning Pool !!!!

Let the bodies hit the floor!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#46]
KITTIE album called spit, songs career suicide,burning bridges
oh saw them in concert and couldnt contain myself
funkysouls.com/img/Kittie_-_Spit.jpg
www.stuckinkaos.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they have two alblums that i know of.  i bought "introduction to mayhem" about 5 years ago.  it had more of the "rap-metal" sound to it.  some may not like that, but i thought it was pretty badass.  then there was another alblum that came out not too long after that.  it was absolutely incredible.  

edit:  i just got on launchcast - according to them, primer 55's last alblum came out in 2001, so no new alblums yet.  if another comes out, i'll be first in line to buy it.

thanks for all the responses guys, i'll be picking up some new cd's as soon as i get my next paycheck(my last one bought a shitload of emergency food, water, and ammo)hr

intro to mayheim is fucking awesome. makes you want to go out and smash something, or something. the last album sucked and im pretty sure they broke up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
LAMB OF GOD

Big +1, this is metal with teeth and it 's ready to rip your face off.
Also check out Children of Bodom
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Deicide
Dying Fetus
Cannibal Corpse - Blood Thirst
Origin

New Metal is for pussies

Death Metal is for warriors
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#50]
ROB ZOMBIE!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top