Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/17/2002 1:26:54 PM EDT
I just was given some motorola MITREK radios, my question is what type of radio are they? the model number is CT43JJA1900A . I cant find any usefull info on the internet about them. Any information on these would be appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:35:09 PM EDT
Check with Buck Rogers at http://www.packetradio.com. He uses them for packet radios and could tell you more about them than I could.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:27:44 PM EDT
I may have some info at work. check my profile above then send me an e-mail with the info you have. (I can't get in here when at work) btw, If you got Motorola stuff, ya gotta know about this place: [url]http://www.batlabs.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:51:29 PM EDT
I used to work for Motorola. When I worked there, the model numbers used to indicate the band which the device worked on. For example on a pager: A05xxxxxx = 900MHz A04xxxxxx = 400MHz (UHF) A03xxxxxx = 140-150MHz (VHF) A01xxxxxx = 34-35MHz (Lo Band) There is probably something the net some where if you were to search for the model number.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:09:32 PM EDT
40 watt VHF two way mobile radios, 4 channel capacity. They are older technology, using crystals instead of being computer programmable to change their operating frequencies. They operate on up to four channels in the VHF commercial communications band, between 136 and 174 MHz. The Mitrek series is so reliable that practically no one knows how to fix them because it wasn't necessary to learn. They are a masterpiece of high performance, highly reliable and conservative radio design. If they have all their accessories (control head, cables, microphone, and antennas) and they are in good working order and have channels that talk to each other, with a decent antenna attached to each one and mounted in your vehicle you can get reliable car to car communications for maybe 15 to 20 mile's range. License required. To learn more, go to [url]www.batlabs.com[/url] CJ
Top Top