Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2013 5:24:36 PM EDT
I was told I had to get rid of a ton of little triangles and old 1-A2C surfacing rods in the welding shop.  I only had a few hours so I decided to make a halloween mask with them.

I was envisioning some kind of viking god.  The top is a mash up of horns and a scorpion body.  It has primer on it now so it is a bit tough to see some of the detail.  I took some heat to it to create kind of a claw looking scar across the face and part of one of the horns/scorpion claws is hacked off.  I had fun making it and although I am not artistic at all I am going to try to slap some modeling paint or something on it to make it look cool.  I don't know how much it weighs but the answer is a lot.  When I am done with it I think I will put velcro on the inside and put ACH pads in it.

anyway hope you enjoy.

front view

top view not a lot to see here

scorpion tail.  It kind of wraps around to the side of the helmet it also kind of reminded me of vertebrae

Front
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Removed...krp
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks uncomfortable

Eta, well now it doesn't
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn he got 1st post.

Awesome mask btw.  How heavy is it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
yea uh....first post nails it?

it is heavy as shit.  I will have to throw it on a scale after the weekend.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Damnit picture was deleted
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't attempt to put that on, you'll break your neck.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the Shrike!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have put it on it is just uncomfortable and heavy.  I am definitely not going to wear it for any extended amount of time though.  If I could wear a helmet with nods for so long I can at least try this out.  

I wish I had artistic ability in terms of painting.  I probably should have not thrown primer on it looked pretty mean when it was all raw.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
USE THE FOCUS
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
focus?  I was on my potato phone.  I could either snap some pictures quick with that or I gotten nothing.  If I can make something of the paints I will break out the good camera.  

Again Im not an artist even photography eludes me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have put it on it is just uncomfortable and heavy.  I am definitely not going to wear it for any extended amount of time though.  If I could wear a helmet with nods for so long I can at least try this out.  

I wish I had artistic ability in terms of painting.  I probably should have not thrown primer on it looked pretty mean when it was all raw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're right. Still looks cool though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#14]
looks comfortable
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
focus?  I was on my potato phone.  I could either snap some pictures quick with that or I gotten nothing.  If I can make something of the paints I will break out the good camera.  

Again Im not an artist even photography eludes me.
View Quote

http://osxdaily.com/2012/10/07/tips-better-iphone-macro-photos/
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]
You want a Halloween mask ill give you a picture of my ass.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could just sand blast the primer off of it.  Might be a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not sure if this is some kind of homosexual thing where you want me to put your ass on my face but Im not into that kind of stuff.  I am sure your ass is scary though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am not sure if this is some kind of homosexual thing where you want me to put your ass on my face but Im not into that kind of stuff.  I am sure your ass is scary though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry dude I just mean your a shit head . My bad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well in that case you are likely correct.  

I think painting it is a dream I just don't think I would be talented enough to do a decent job.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Will it stop .308?

Kind of how I picture a kidney stone based on all the threads here.  

It does look pretty bad ass though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think painting it is a dream I just don't think I would be talented enough to do a decent job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I was homosexual I say suck my  dick but I'm not. But you can wear my ass as a hat if you like for Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#23]
looks cool but that shits gotta be 20 pounds.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Retarted
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Retarted
View Quote

yehhh about being retarded  

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#26]
How long you been welding?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome.
I made the "War Helm" of the Witch King from The Lord of the Rings. It was a really fun project. I can post pics tomorrow if anybody is interested. You might have to PM me and remind me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#28]
What's scary looking are those welds!

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Awesome.
I made the "War Helm" of the Witch King from The Lord of the Rings. It was a really fun project. I can post pics tomorrow if anybody is interested. You might have to PM me and remind me.
View Quote

The guy with the mace who gets stabbed in the face by the cute chick? Thats what i thought of when i saw it. I dig it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice welds.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Looks like the Shrike!
View Quote

Great reference !

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#32]
here's my mask..

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I touched my first welder about a month and a half ago.  Remember the circumstances please I was handed a bunch of triangles and a surfacing rod I was not familiar with and told to work with it.  I was just having some fun with limited time and figured some one else might enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I touched my first welder about a month and a half ago.  Remember the circumstances please I was handed a bunch of triangles and a surfacing rod I was not familiar with and told to work with it.  I was just having some fun with limited time and figured some one else might enjoy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha! Just bustin your balls a bit. Need to see it on ya with your face painted out black. Stick some LED's above the eyes would be cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top