Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 6:45:54 AM EDT
http://www.bowsite.org/bowsite/menu/NEWS/GETNEWS.CFM?ID=227

PETA Attempt to mess up hunters - backfires
PETA Fails in Attempt to Thwart Hunters Assoc. Press  (Columbus, OH)

If you are familiar with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), then you are aware of the fact they will do almost anything to protect animals.  This year's efforts to save Ohio's deer from the annual statewide gun season has backfired.

For safety's sake, hunters in Ohio are required by law to display at least 400 square inches of hunter's blaze orange on their person when in the woods.  Capitalizing on the fact that hunters do not usually shoot orange, PETA recently bulk purchased blaze orange vests and have been affixing them to live-trapped deer in Youngstown suburbs.  According to PETA spokesperson Katie Reese, a total of 405 vests were successfully put into circulation prior to this week, with additional specimens still being caught and vested.

Youngtown entrepreneur Guy Lockey, of Guy's Outdoors has spit in the face of PETA by offering rewards for the returned vests this week. Hunters who can successfully bag a vested deer can pay $5 for random and biggest animal awards.  As of Tuesday, 308 of the vests had already been recorded as bagged with most of the hunters registering for Mr. Lockey's drawing.

It's so easy, you can see them coming a mile away" said one first year hunter after checking in his first spike buck.

ODNR officials are worried that the poorly thought out plan by PETA might get somebody shot instead of saving the deer.  "Hunters have turned their plan upside down, we're just hoping that nobody gets hurt and are hoping that none of the vested animals get tangled in brush" said an unnamed ODNR official.  "PETA has really outdone itself this time." Ohio's statewide gun season is open to shotguns only and is scheduled to close on Saturday.

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]Amazing[/b]

ODNR officials are worried that the poorly thought out plan by PETA might get somebody shot instead of saving the deer.
View Quote

PETA should be held responsible for any injuries incurred from using hunter safey vests.

I hear the next great idea is wrapping themselves in deer skins during hunting season. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...I hear the next great idea is wrapping themselves in deer skins during hunting season...[:D]
View Quote

Now, THERE'S a good idea - you can claim good faith for taking the shot [;)] Bag a PETAphile for me, dude's. It's for my cats, not me - I don't eat RAT.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, what do you guys have against People Eating Tasty Animals?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
[B]LMAO!!!!![/B}

These people are as stupid as a bag of rocks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I requested some veggie recipes from PETA via their website, so I got on their mailing list.

They sent me a postage paid envelope requesting a donation.

Using their own tactics, I sent them back their envelope attached to a cinder-block. Wonder how much that cost first class mail?

Idiots!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Ringling Brothers, the circus company, took out a full page ad in the L.A. Times blasting PeTA for their underhanded legal tactics and their squandering of donated funds to the detriment of the very animals they claim to represent. I wish I had a link but I'm sure Ringling Bros. web site talks about it. Try Google or Yahoo.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I requested some veggie recipes from PETA via their website, so I got on their mailing list.

They sent me a postage paid envelope requesting a donation.

Using their own tactics, I sent them back their envelope attached to a cinder-block. Wonder how much that cost first class mail?

Idiots!
View Quote

Stop, your killing me.(LMFAO)
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Urban myth, folks.....even Fox news got took....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top