Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 10:07:23 AM EDT
[url]http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0313barricade-ON.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
This is proof that crystal meth and watching reruns of [i]Highlander[/i] DONT MIX!

Was he shouting "There can be only one!" while he was doing it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Must have been a beef & bean burrito flashback!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Beer in the morning.........gotta love it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]
"...regular customer who usually shows up in the morning to buy beer"

I couldn't help noticing that beer in the morning part...
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in Phoenix, and know that store..That dude was WACKED OUT I guess!
Phoenix is on the edge of INSANITY!
I have lived here 26 yrs. and cant wait to LEAVE.
Crap like this only makes Barney Fife real active!
Then Barney goes around chasing drunks and crashes and kills the innocent by-standers! Then gets off with 1yr. probation.
AZ sucks these days!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]
What IS it with swords this week?  Yesterday, the Italians arrested a man dressed up as a Roman legionary (he makes his living doing photos outside the Colosseum in Roman) for carrying a real sword.

This morning I saw an article about a fool with a broken bottle that tried to rob a store, and the CLERK pulled out a sword and chased the erstwhile thief down the street.

Now THIS! Man, we gotta control edged weapons!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if that sword had "evil" features? Pre or pot ban!
Perhaps we sould call-up Mrs.Brady and get some more "effective" broadswords laws passed!
I think that dude had a 30 broadsword pack too many! HAAA!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Lotsa LARP/SCA types (myself included) own swords. I have a broadsword and a katana, both cheap Paki wallhangers. But you know what, if it'd save the life of just one child, I'd give them up today.

Ban all swords. For the children.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Definately into swords.

www.pcis.net/ardan/fencers.htm
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll chip in $5 bucks to buy mr. broadsword a bus ticket to the wisconsin democratic party hq.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#13]
are you going out to sicamore Tomorrow, Buckaroo?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I want a sword with a bayonet lug. [whacko]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Definately into swords.

www.pcis.net/ardan/fencers.htm
View Quote
No kidding! I work with this guy and he's definately a hack and slash guy. Known to carry a Rapiers in his car just in case! He could slice and dice ya before you pee yer pants! [shock]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe..... haven't decided yet. Got a lot of errands to run tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I live in Phoenix, and know that store..That dude was WACKED OUT I guess!
Phoenix is on the edge of INSANITY!
I have lived here 26 yrs. and cant wait to LEAVE.
Crap like this only makes Barney Fife real active!
Then Barney goes around chasing drunks and crashes and kills the innocent by-standers! Then gets off with 1yr. probation.
AZ sucks these days!
View Quote

What do you expect exactly.  27th ave and camelback--- hello but thats the ghetto.  You need to move out of the city of phoenix and get into the valley.  Hell at this point either valley will work for ya.  

Or be like me and say the hell with phoenix completely and move to beautiful flagstaff and enjoy the beauty and serenity of a country that has hardly been touched where you can do just about anything you want (within reason of course).  

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe..... haven't decided yet. Got a lot of errands to run tomorrow.....
View Quote
LotBoy and I will be out there around 4:30-5:00.  All the way to the main wash and down (left) about a mile.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#20]
[b]It's not immediately clear what set off the man. Police responded to the store, a Circle K, near 27th Avenue and Camelback Road after receiving a call about a robbery in progress.

When they arrived, they saw a man at the cash register. He either pointed a gun at officers or opened fire at officers, authorities said. One of the officers returned fire at least once, and may have struck the suspect in the shoulder. [/b]

????? The police may have been shot at and may have shot the suspect???? Was anyone involved sober at the time?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top