Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:55:52 PM EDT
Holy Crap!! that thing is fast.. ..2006 dodge charger hemi police package. no pics yet but will post as soon as i can get some taken. It will be my partners car. I'll get to drive it sometimes. Anyone else drove one of these yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
How about some details about it....
like how much room do you have compared to a crown vic.?
How much room in the back?
How convenient are the controls?  
How well does it turn when you make a quick u-turn?
How good is the ground clearance? (couldn't be worse than the new Impalas)
How roomy is the trunk?
Is the visibility from inside good?

I can think of more....:)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
interior room is better than a crown vic. trunk is smaller than the crown vic. (huge spare takes up a lot of real estate)

i compared it side to side with a 03 cvpi it was externally about the same size.
rear seat room is much better than a crown vic. This thing handles great. It has the electronic stability program that keeps the car stable in tight turns etc. ground clearance seems to be about the same as a crown vic. (this thing had the optional 18 inch wheels so I dont know if the standarrd 17 inch would effect it much.) visiblity is good from the inside. It does seem that you have more metal around you though. the dash is covered in a rubberized non slip covering that keeps things from sliding around.  For the extra tall guys the fron seats have extra track so they can be moved back farther than the crown vic. huge disc brakes on this thing let it stop on a dime. We didnt try the top speed but it's said to be limited at 150mph. 0-60 in th 6 second range. overall I would give this thing a big thumbs up and watch out ford the cvpi has some serious competition. and out the door with lots of l.e.d. lights at a little over 24,000
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a Charger ->

This is NOT ->

It's one hell of a "Magnum Sedan" though! Come on Dodge, quit discracing the Charger name!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Our chargers just started showing up. The guys are stoked.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
We were looking into getting one.  Checked out another PD's and with a cage there is no room in the back seat we found.  We used to have an intreped and after that piece of crap, I wouldnt cry if we never got another dodge, I just dont think they make a police car, but I could be wrong b/c I havent driven one.

Is the charger a full frame or not.  That is the problem they were having with the intreped and impala's.

I had the choice when the town bought me my cruiser, but with the dog cage I would rather have the CVPI, I believe its a great car.

I bet the hemi is nice though.

Lets see pics when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is a Charger ->
charger.rebby.com/tools/image.php?i=3&s=3

This is NOT ->
www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9745.0;id=15533;image

It's one hell of a "Magnum Sedan" though! Come on Dodge, quit discracing the Charger name!

Driver the new charger then come back and say its a disgrace.  It's the only Dodge I'd drive.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is a Charger ->
charger.rebby.com/tools/image.php?i=3&s=3

This is NOT ->
www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9745.0;id=15533;image

Driver the new charger then come back and say its a disgrace.  It's the only Dodge I'd drive.

Been there, done that. It's one hell of a car but it is no Charger. I should know, I have a REAL Charger R/T SE in my garage.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Do take some pictures. I think the chargers look pretty damn sweet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a nice car...I wished my agency would get some but for whatever reason were sticking with the Crown Vics for patrol.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the leg room in them. I'm 6'2, and able to fit comfortably. We have one as a traffic car to replace our old Camaros, and our traffic guy that has it right now is 6'5.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Caged??

Sorry, but the one I looked at was a pain in the butt to get the suspect in and out of with a cage. Then there wasn't that much room up front either.

I also heard a complaint that the wheel location and bumper design eliminates or severely dampers the ability to PIT. Anyone PIT'd any car with the charger?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I think magazine tests done show the CV does have more room, but what do you expect, the charger is supposed to be a sporty car where as the CV is a senior citizen vehicle. :)
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Technicaly Diamler should call it the "Polara" and not the charger package if they are going retro. How soon before the Challenger is used to replace the old camaro and mustang interceptor cars?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome, we're getting three in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#15]
What motor do the Police packages have, the 5.7 or 6.1???  My brother's shop just got the new RAGE car for the '06 with the 5.7.  A friend told me the 6.1 is scary fast.

/has the 5.7hemi  in n '05 truck!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty sure the police package units have the 5.7 liter V8. The 6.1 like you mentioned is for the SRT8 model which is purty expensive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]
We've got two Grey chargers being marked and equipped. I'll post a few pics when I catch them after they're done. I'm anxious to see them, but not sure I like them. Everyone that has driven them has come out grinnin' though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top