Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2005 4:44:43 AM EDT
first of all let me say i am not gay.
i was helping a couple look for a new house and we drove around in her car.
so first impressions. it's an ugly car.
but only from the outside.

when you sit in it you notice it does not seem low to the ground. due to the upright seating. then you open the door and look down and realize your butt is about 8" above the road surface. ground clearance? what ground clearance? can you say 14" rims and 90 series tires? ride is naturally a little rough but i don't think you can put more meat under this little car. the doors are thin, maybe 2" thick and remind me of my suzuki samurai. there seems to be little crash protection. the rear seat is a little on the thin side and comfortable for a day around the city. on long drives i would fund the seat to be a little uncomfortable. front seats are nice, wel padded and conform to the user.

now the good news. it does get 40 MPG. top speed is about 90 MPH with good acceleration. she seemed to corner well and i don't think you could roll her over. the dash is layed out nice and there is a big spedo on the top of the dash that reminds me of a tac on a ricer. the the best part is the interior is cavernous. at 6'-4" tall i found the back seat to have pleny of leg and head room. not the folded over banging your knee l can bairly fit kind of leg room but real stretch out and be comfortable room. it looks like with the rear seat folded you can fit half a sheet of plywood in the back. with the rear seat up there is enough room for some luggage, small BBW pit and small ice chest.

would i get one? certainly not. the ground clearance issue alone is enought to break the deal. as a secondary car for the wife or kids. maybe but i would rather see them in a little two door SUV.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:48:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:50:58 AM EDT
Beauty contest of the ugly sisters. Scion or Aztec.
Top Top