[#2]
Kaboom![:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
its a dealer in colorado
they have a few so i can go through and find the one with a good finish

so thats a good deal on a 2nd gen(no finger grooves) i guess i can put one of those handall things on it
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto what LarryG said!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And there have been HOW MANY kB!s of 9mm Glocks?

Exactly.

-Troy
View Quote

that i know 0 except really hot handloads

the kb!'s are in the glock 20 series (22 etc etc)
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, I Juggernaut, the despiser of Glocks, would have a 9mm glock LO-O-O-O-O-O-ONG before I used any other caliber, especially the .40. A fully supported aftermarket barrel in a G17 would probably convince me to keep and fire it and not use it for a paperweight...[:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I get so tired of all this KB crap.

I have shot the crap out of a G-27 the last two years....well over 3-4k through it and no KB.  My 23c.....no KB.............I don't shoot lead and don't fool w/ reloads.

Until my very own KB on me I refuse to beleive this as being an issue when used with top-shelf defensive/target ammo.

Glock simply does not impress traditionalists but sure impresses the rest of the world.

And, lest I be chastised for being inexperienced w/ other styles/makes of handguns I will only say that my others are by HK, Walther, Springfield Armory and Para Ord.

Quality is quality and $hit can happen to any given weapon on any given day..........period!

Great Deal man..........jump all over that!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#10]
-->"Hell yes! The hi-caps are worth $100 each, so you're getting the gun for $200."

The hicaps are not *worth* $100, that is just what you will pay for them...  LOL

They are worth $19.95 in reality...

That was one of the reasons why I got rid of my G19... I figured that if I bought a few hicaps, I could just have bought a second Glock!

That and my HS2000 outshot my Glock and beat it in every way, so I sold the Glock, and got a pair of 18 round Beretta hicaps for only $50(for both)my HS2000 and have not looked back.

Now, if Glock will make a single stack G26 slimline pistol, then I will be fighting tooth and nail to get to the front of that line...  ;-)
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Forget the fact that it has no finger grooves or accesory rails - LOTS of people (myself included) prefer the older frames - put your fingers where you want them and no thumb hump to contend with - my thumb wants to ride right on top of the damned hump.  Ask any Glock rep - they have been inundated with requests to produce the old frame style again.

BTW - if it's not a nearly smooth "pebble" finish all over the frame (no grooves on the grip), then it's really a 2nd generation frame.  The new FG and rail frames are gen 3.

Tate
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
so i have 2 questions

whats the diff between 1st and 2nd gen glocks

and what do high caps cost?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#13]
anyone have pics.
does a 2nd gen have a pebbel finish?
also is the realy a differance between having nfml and fml mags?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Actually, I Juggernaut, the despiser of Glocks, would have a 9mm glock LO-O-O-O-O-O-ONG before I used any other caliber, especially the .40. A fully supported aftermarket barrel in a G17 would probably convince me to keep and fire it and not use it for a paperweight...[:D]

Juggernaut
View Quote

The 9mm Glocks have a fully supported chamber from the factory. It was the introduction of the larger calibers (.45acp 10mm & 40s&w) that brought about the barrels with not completely supported chambers.
 With very few exceptions most 1911's & all the clones in .45acp do not have fully supported chambers either.
 I have 3 9mm glocks & 2 Colt .45acp's & love shooting all of them. The Glock is easy to shoot, accurate & extremely reliable. (I've had no problems with the 1911's either)
I have friends with 10mm .45acp & .40s&w Glocks & after thousands of rounds no problems at all.
 I don't think you'd be making a mistake & thats a good price if the magazines are drop free magazines.  The drop free magazines have a full metal liner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top