Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 11:53:12 PM EDT
Start Rant

there are many here who are more experienced.
there are many who severely outrank me
(thanks for the books Colonel K.)
so I ask advice
I don't know how much longer I can keep from hitting folks. I get along with people. I can listen to another's opinion.
But there is no debate. Only accusation.
"G. Bush is the antiChrist. Cheney is a vampire. Republicans are stupid violent racist war-mongerers who are secretly controling everything. 9/11 was planned by the White House."
I am told that soldiers are, at the best, uneducated minorities who don't know any better. That folks in the Army somehow didn't have another choice. That the Army was all we could do....
I know there are many supporters of the armed forces here, and throughout the country.
But sometimes when the little, patchouli smelling ****tards say something to the effect of " this is like a police state" or "you're like some kind of stormtrooper"
Sometimes....Sometimes....
Tell me things. Give me advice. Damnit, I took this job because I care. The comments make me want to be what they accuse me of being. It is "only" speech, but crap, it makes me wanna sock someone.

End Rant

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the USA.
They, believe it or not, have a right to say that
shit.
That also means you have a right to ridicule them
mercilessly.

Use your imagination.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Once upon a time, what you could say to people and what you actually said were two different things.  That's because there was an expectation that if you said something that another person believed was far enough out of line, they would punch you in the face.  This had a side effect of leading to more generally civilized conversation.  But now we've had 30 years of "zero-tolerance and mutual fault" for fighting in schools, "violence is never the answer" shoved up our collective ass, and "I'll sue."

I dunno.  I'm trying to find a way to deal with it myself.  Outside of a plywood shack in Montana, I really can't answer.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Once upon a time, what you could say to people and what you actually said were two different things.  That's because there was an expectation that if you said something that another person believed was far enough out of line, they would punch you in the face.  This had a side effect of leading to more generally civilized conversation.  But now we've had 30 years of "zero-tolerance and mutual fault" for fighting in schools, "violence is never the answer" shoved up our collective ass, and "I'll sue."

I dunno.  I'm trying to find a way to deal with it myself.  Outside of a plywood shack in Montana, I really can't answer.  

Those days aren't totally gone...

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Start Rant

there are many here who are more experienced.
there are many who severely outrank me
(thanks for the books Colonel K.)
so I ask advice
I don't know how much longer I can keep from hitting folks. I get along with people. I can listen to another's opinion.
But there is no debate. Only accusation.
"G. Bush is the antiChrist. Cheney is a vampire. Republicans are stupid violent racist war-mongerers who are secretly controling everything. 9/11 was planned by the White House."
I am told that soldiers are, at the best, uneducated minorities who don't know any better. That folks in the Army somehow didn't have another choice. That the Army was all we could do....
I know there are many supporters of the armed forces here, and throughout the country.
But sometimes when the little, patchouli smelling ****tards say something to the effect of " this is like a police state" or "you're like some kind of stormtrooper"
Sometimes....Sometimes....
Tell me things. Give me advice. Damnit, I took this job because I care. The comments make me want to be what they accuse me of being. It is "only" speech, but crap, it makes me wanna sock someone.

End Rant

There is one fellow at work, who hates Bush, so i purposely say good things about Bush to other people in conversation within his ear shot knowing it gets at him to no end. Its incredible how the haters cannot see past their own animosity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top