Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/17/2008 10:43:15 PM EDT
I don't know how but I know they need to be smacked down. We will never have them on are side. We lost the election because of there efforts. They tricked the people of this country into thinking Obama was there savior and Palin was an idiot. I think are first big target should be the media. We should take a page from the dems and go after there Sponsors. I hate to say it but it is a tactic that worked for them. We have been trying to change there harts and minds with little results. Wile the dems have gone after there wallets with results we can see and feel. If anyone has a better idea I would love to hear it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:05:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nvhunter:
I don't know how but I know they need to be smacked down. We will never have them on are side. We lost the election because of there efforts. They tricked the people of this country into thinking Obama was there savior and Palin was an idiot. I think are first big target should be the media. We should take a page from the dems and go after there Sponsors. I hate to say it but it is a tactic that worked for them. We have been trying to change there harts and minds with little results. Wile the dems have gone after there wallets with results we can see and feel. If anyone has a better idea I would love to hear it.

Attacking the sponsors is the way to do it. The newspaper management considers anyone who doesn't believe in their ideology to be a crackpot.

Now, several years ago, there WAS an attempt to buy out a newspaper chain: Knight-Ridder was a company which was being traded publicly. Someone (GOA?) attempted to get a lot of gun owners to buy just a single share of stock, and assign their proxy to them for voting purposes. The idea was to get rid of the left-wing editorship. The idea fell through due to lack of interest. Now look at where we are.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:21:55 AM EDT
I hate to say it but we will never win over the MSM they are interested in there own agenda. They are not interested in freedom, ask McCain how well trying to win them over went. The MSM is owned by the libtards and that is because the libtards joined together and worked as a unit to remove anyone with a differing opinion, again ask John Stossel how he is treated. We as gun owners are about 40mill strong and now during a economic down turn we have extra power to change things ( we are the ones with jobs and cash) if we can unite and do without and let there Sponsors know why you wont buy there product.
I have not purchased Doritos or any other fritolay product since they had that antigun ass on there bag. I don't watch shows or movies with actors that I know are antigun. Yes I know I am running out of things to watch on TV and I have few movies to watch but my freedom is not for sale. I have been lax on writing them and letting them know they have one less customer. But that ended November 4. If we can unite and do this as a group we are strong and we can change the course of the media and the country.
Even the Dems need big business cash to get reelected and they may not hear us but they will listen to the corporations that feed there fat asses with cash. I can do with out and if 40mil of my brothers join me you will see the change
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:47:54 AM EDT
If anyone could figure out how to "get back" at the media I am IN!!!

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1641

This poll did a wonderful example of how people learned what the media wanted them to. A great example of why you should get your news from several varied sources.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:58:13 AM EDT
If anyone has a list of companies and what they did that makes them antigun that would be a great start.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:56:47 PM EDT
I think Miller donate 1 million to PETA, or some other like minded group.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:31:56 PM EDT
Disney fired a guy for keeping his pistol in his car parked on the company lot, CCW and all. Didn't matter. They don't like guns, so he was booted.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:11:39 PM EDT
I have an idea. I posted this over at m4carbine.net but it was immediately smacked down and deleted. Be wary of those folks over there. There are good members there, but there are many that are enemies of freedom(they just happen to own guns too).

Basically, i want to rent a digital billboard in one of the most populated areas of southern california. One of the billboard companies is offering deals right at only $500 per month. We could upload ads like

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns" (and have a picture of a woman getting robbed)

"Select one: Gun owner / Victim"

Etc...

This would expose approximately 100-250k people per day for a month(yes, that many. 80% or so are daily commuters so you have repeat exposures)

All we need is 20 people to commit $25 /month. Including me, there are 3 in already.

The only other hurdle is that we should probably start a non-profit company to recieve the $, so people arn't sending money to someone they don't know.

I already have the equipment and the skills to design the ad. I could use help on what to do to start the non-profit, and I need to contact the billbaord company to make sure they will accept ads like this(they should but IDK)

What do you think?Anyone interested in being involved or contributing?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:36:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thenodnarb:
I have an idea. I posted this over at m4carbine.net but it was immediately smacked down and deleted. Be wary of those folks over there. There are good members there, but there are many that are enemies of freedom(they just happen to own guns too).

Basically, i want to rent a digital billboard in one of the most populated areas of southern california. One of the billboard companies is offering deals right at only $500 per month. We could upload ads like

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns" (and have a picture of a woman getting robbed)

"Select one: Gun owner / Victim"

Etc...

This would expose approximately 100-250k people per day for a month(yes, that many. 80% or so are daily commuters so you have repeat exposures)

All we need is 20 people to commit $25 /month. Including me, there are 3 in already.

The only other hurdle is that we should probably start a non-profit company to recieve the $, so people arn't sending money to someone they don't know.

I already have the equipment and the skills to design the ad. I could use help on what to do to start the non-profit, and I need to contact the billbaord company to make sure they will accept ads like this(they should but IDK)

What do you think?Anyone interested in being involved or contributing?

I might be willing to help. I need more info like who name would the ad contract be in. How do I know the billboard is real and how long is the contract. But $25.00 a MO is not out of the question. Keep me up to date with your project.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:47:47 PM EDT
Cool!

The first step is simply to talk to the ad agency. I'll try and get ahold of a rep tomorrow.

My thoughts on proof (and all around general fun) is to drive by the billboard and take a picture or video and post it so all can see. I've designed a few ads for my work, and it really is fun seeing your message go up in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

If this works out well with lots of suporters, we could put up ads all over the country, or at least in the most liberal states. Cheap local newspaper ads(if they'll let us without censoring us) can be had for under a $100, and depending on the newspaper, can run for a month or so.

I'll report back what I find about the billboard tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:54:18 PM EDT
Good News!
Here is my email to the ad company:
Hi Debbie,
I recently learned that Lamar Advertising is on a list of organizations that does not support 2nd amendment rights. Is this true? Do you have policies regarding what type of advertisements you will accept when they relate to gun ownership?
Thanks,
Brandon

Her Reply:
Hi Brandon-

I'm unaware of that. Could you send me the link or website where you found that information? Attached is a copy of the Lamar Acceptance Policy regarding advertising content. I do know that our company owns a 660 acre hunting ranch in Baton Rouge somewhere so that gun thing sounds strange to me. I'll keep an eye out for your info.

Thanks!

So the next step is to establish the non-profit to officially collect and advertise through the company.
Does anyonw know anything about how to do this?
Top Top