Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2010 1:19:45 PM EDT
Why not... Why not make a trigger with a safety that is actually a 2nd trigger mounted on the 1rst trigger. That way the safety and trigger work in one single function?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why not... Why not make a trigger with a safety that is actually a 2nd trigger mounted on the 1rst trigger. That way the safety and trigger work in one single function?

What?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
no thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

cause the military pretty much always wants an external manual safety.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Because in the AR it isn't a safety, it is a selector switch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Because it would be as useful as it is on a glock, which is not much at all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Because the AR doesn’t spend a good part of its time in a holster protecting the trigger guard?

Or because I’m not hanging my Glock on my chest, possibly surrounded by other gear with various things to get snagged in the trigger guard?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
because you don't carry an AR in a holster that covers the trigger guard and keeps stuff from pulling the trigger.

eta: I type too slow sometimes
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Ummmm. no thanks.  I put up the trigger on my glock, I actually like the triggers on my AR's.

Since I normally carry a 1911 for ccw, the act of flicking off a safety comes natural whether it's a 1911 or an AR.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, lets fuck with something that has worked well for over 40 years....

Wait, lets add a sear block to the 1911..........
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Because when you transition from your AR to your secondary weapon, you don't want the gun to hook something on your chest rig and go off.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Why not just turn the selector to fire and then grind it down with a grinder so that you can't turn it anymore?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Because when you transition from your AR to your secondary weapon, you don't want the gun to hook something on your chest rig and go off.

Yeah, I don't think I would be so cavalier about whipping my AR around on it's sling if it didn't have an external safety.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they actually make rifles without an external safety?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#16]

glock AR leg hand elbow fuck it
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
It works very well on savage rifles, allowing a lighter, crisper pull while remaining safe.  Of course that rifle also has a manual safety, to protect against an AD if a branch, packstrap, etc get in the trigger guard.  I wouldn't want one on an AR, though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Just leave it on fire; wouldn't it be the same thing?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Ever seen a Savage Accu Trigger?

Yeah it's a bolt gun but pretty much does the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Winchester model 94, but of course you have an excuse, the 94 is a really rare and obscure weapon.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It works very well on savage rifles, allowing a lighter, crisper pull while remaining safe.  Of course that rifle also has a manual safety, to protect against an AD if a branch, packstrap, etc get in the trigger guard.  I wouldn't want one on an AR, though.

So nothing can get in a glock's triggerguard right?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea why cant i have a beaver tail saftey on my AR?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone knows that would make it blow up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Why not put tits on a boar too?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WINNER!

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
because you don't carry an AR in a holster that covers the trigger guard and keeps stuff from pulling the trigger. compensates for a massive design flaw.

fixed

the glock trigger lacks the inherent safety of a true double action, yet it's a spongy mess that lacks the crisp trigger pull of a true single action.

the worst aspects of both types of trigger combined into a truly awful trigger.

and yet it's perfection (tm)
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Winchester model 94, but of course you have an excuse, the 94 is a really rare and obscure weapon.

that gun has a safety, a half cock notch
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why not put tits on a boar too?

They do have tits
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't carry a Glock on a sling or on your back right?

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like an awesome idea.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I think an AR-style safety on a Glock would be much more useful.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you want a 5 pound trigger and no manual safety on a weapon that weighs over 6 pounds? A weapon that can't be carried in a holster?

I'm gonna go with "no" on that one.

Yeah, no shit... how did he not see the fail before he even asked this question.

There's a big difference between a handgun, carried in a holster until it's presented and pointed at the target, and a rifle that must be carried at all times.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you want a 5 pound trigger and no manual safety on a weapon that weighs over 6 pounds? A weapon that can't be carried in a holster?

I'm gonna go with "no" on that one.

Yeah, no shit... how did he not see the fail before he even asked this question.

There's a big difference between a handgun, carried in a holster until it's presented and pointed at the target, and a rifle that must be carried at all times.

Yeah, but we have badasses here who insist that "their mind is their safety" and go crashing through the brush while hunting with the safety off.

I guess it's proving a point, or masculinity, or something. Me, I take that half a second to deactivate the safety when legal game is spotted.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yea why cant i have a beaver tail saftey on my AR?
My Uzi has one.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#36]
A bad solution looking for a problem.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#37]
The military doesn't issue grenades to everyone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because in the AR it isn't a safety, it is a selector switch.

I was actually taught that it's only a "selector" on a selective-fire weapon.  On an AR15 it is indeed a safety.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Awesome idea.  While we are at it, we can do away with take down pins on the AR.  Instead, AR's will now be taken down by pulling the trigger to release the upper.  Lets go one step further.  My AR shoulders nicely and goes naturally to point of aim. That's always annoyed me.   Get the glock engineers to ruin the grip angle, and make it a big block.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The safety on the AK is such a joke it comes close to meeting this criteria...
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong... it has a half cock on the hammer and a rebound mechanism keeping the hammer from striking the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled.

Thanks for playing
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WINNER!

of what?  the unreasonable Glock hate prize?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The safety on the AK is such a joke it comes close to meeting this criteria...

What?  How is this? With the safety on an AK in the "Safe" position, that gun ain't gonna fire....
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Why praytell? what possible use would that serve?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
because you don't carry an AR in a holster that covers the trigger guard and keeps stuff from pulling the trigger. compensates for a massive design flaw.

fixed

the glock trigger lacks the inherent safety of a true double action, yet it's a spongy mess that lacks the crisp trigger pull of a true single action.

My post didn't need fixing. When a Glock is holstered, the trigger can't be pulled and the gun is therefore safe.

So carrying a handgun in a holster is to compensate for a design flaw? I must have been doing it wrong all these years, even when not carrying a Glock.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed

In before the guy who has obviously never really fired a Glock recommends a double action revolver for the 1200th time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed

My post didn't need fixing. When a Glock is holstered, the trigger can't be pulled and the gun is therefore safe.

He's a glock hating troll who thinks we should all shoot revolvers... nothing to see here...
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wat

With over 7k post, you should know better.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed

He's a glock hating troll who thinks we should all shoot revolvers... nothing to see here...

Well, masterbrain, the glock trigger is unlike any trigger that I know of, except for copies of the glock trigger.

a normal double action trigger has a real long length of stroke to the trigger and usually around 10 lb pull weight.

a glock trigger has around half the stroke and pull weight.  

so it's like basically half of a double action.

i know that you find this impossible, but i don't think that's a heavy enough trigger pull for a gun without a manual safety, especially for a combat type handgun.

i have fired glocks many times, they're not exactly hard to find.  my brother even owns one.

your argument is based on calling me a troll and pretending that i've never fired a glock and that i told everyone to buy a revolver, none of which is true.

but it makes you happy, so by all means stick with it.  maybe write "fuck you' in there to make it more impressive

i do have a question:  why do almost all the posts to this thread say you need a holster as an impromptu safety for the  glock?   i thought all you glock fanboys just "keep your booger hook off the bang button"
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WINNER!

of what?  the unreasonable Glock hate prize?

Unbunch your panties francis, I own 6 different Glocks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top