Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2004 3:33:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 3:37:08 PM EST by DocBrooks]
I was wondering what you guys think about this. Back in the 90s when I was in high school a girl wanted to play on the football team. Well coach went ballistic but ended up having to let her play cuz of all kinds of threats. He did make her cut her hair short though. Anyway, this chick was only a year above me so lucky me got to play on the same team as her. I was a wide out/corner and being the little hoe that she was it was the wide outs and corners that she drilled with. At least a couple of times a day, full pads or half, I would get the priveledge of laying her flat fucking out and believe me I did. I hit her as hard as I fucking could. She just looked like a pussy boy in her uni anyway, didn't even feel like hitting a girl. Yall think this was the wrong attitude to have? I would hit the others just as hard but I felt that some people thought it was kind of weird for us guys to go all out on her. It was weird having her on the team, we'd all have to be dressed and shit so she could come into the locker room to hear coach's pregame speech and shit, no one sat with her on the bus to games, i never really felt that anyone appreciated her, certainly not the coaches. She was a nice girl too. I was never sure if she was doing it cuz she wanted to make a statement or cuz she really wanted to play. She was on the team for 2 years cuz she couldn't be cut. All she did was sit on her pussy and warm the bench and once we were winning by 4 touchdowns go in for a play or two. I hope I don't seem cold but it's just how I felt back then. Anyone else have an experience like this?

EDIT: PS: I do smile when I think about how I got to hit a chick as hard as I wanted and it was perfectly OK. Don't get me wrong, I would never HIT a woman but you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:36:00 PM EST
If she was really cool she would not have been out there to make a point. As such I would have gone just as hard on her as I would anyone else.

We had a one armed kid on our team, and we did not treat him any different.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:39:03 PM EST
one of my best friends had one eye on the team. He played O-line and had to play on the side that his eye was on, for obvious reasons. Every now and then he would get turned around and get blind sided. kinda funny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:39:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
If she was really cool she would not have been out there to make a point. As such I would have gone just as hard on her as I would anyone else.

We had a one armed kid on our team, and we did not treat him any different.

Really? You made him do passing drills too?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:42:00 PM EST
what position can you play with only one arm by the way. You need two to block on the o-line, 2 for balance and swim moves on d-line, linebackers sure as hell need two arms, safeties need both to make INTs, same with corners, QB you need to take the snap, RB you can't fumble, receiver you gotta catch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:44:54 PM EST
There is a kid on a local high school team that is pretty much legally deaf. Without his hearing aids, he cannot hear at all.

He plays HB and returns kicks. Already over 1000 yds in 6 games and has returned 3 or 4 kicks for TD. Also leads the district in scoring.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:20:08 PM EST
Many years ago there was this kid in Texas who was blind in one eye. Someone talked him into trying out for the football team before his sr. year in H.S. Though he was completely blind in one eye, he had talent. In fact, he made all state. Played in college and was either all conference or All American. Even played in the NFL. I believe his name was Boby Dillon. They say that regardless which side the ball came to him on, he would swivel his head, see it, and catch it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:25:28 PM EST
If she wants to play the game she should be willing to take the bruises the guys do. There are women who are capable of playing rough sports. I say let 'em.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:29:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Steve_T_M:
If she wants to play the game she should be willing to take the bruises the guys do. There are women who are capable of playing rough sports. I say let 'em.

True that. If she can play with the boys, let her.

I've met some tough rugby girls.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:34:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Spade:

Originally Posted By Steve_T_M:

True that. If she can play with the boys, let her.

I've met some tough rugby girls.

+1

I don't think they should be un-cuttable, but if she does good enough at tryouts, let 'er play... The whole point of the game is WINNING, after all, and if a girl will help the team win, why not?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:38:13 PM EST
I love girls on football teams, those cheerleading outfits do it for me everytime!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:41:53 PM EST
Hokie

+1

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:43:53 PM EST
you can be a kicker with only one arm.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:44:06 PM EST
I went to a school where the kicker for the football team was a girl, but she was rather butch. She earned a scholarship though.

Hey, if they like it that much and are that determined, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:44:40 PM EST
Gives a whole new meaning to "Illegal use of the hands"
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:47:00 PM EST
Anyone who thinks it's "weird" or "wrong" for the guys to have been just as rough on her as on themselves is a spineless pussy and part of the reason men are being ass reamed daily by bullshit laws in place because of femnazis.

If it was about making a statement, and she didn't bitch and moan when she got sacked, then all the better. As long as she could hold her own without whining, I don't have much of a problem. The one thing I absolutely can't stand is women who scream about equality, fairness, etc. but waste no time to whip out the "wha wha I'm a poor weak female go easy on me" gender card when the going gets tough.

Incidentally, I don't think mixing males and females in sports teams and especially the military is a wise thing to do. It wreaks havoc with team/unit cohesion, moral, logistics, etc. and the vast, vast majority of the time it fails miserably.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:48:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 6:49:45 PM EST by Daytona955i]
I knew a few girls that played football in high school. One was a kicker, newspaper gave her an honorable mention for their "allstar team", she kicked some clutch field goals. I knew another girl that played safety, her team wouldn't talk to her, EVER, then one night she sacked the other team's QB so hard that he had a concussion, she was a good looking girl too, karate blackbelt, 4 older brothers, she was tough. Came up with some defensive TD's too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:49:12 PM EST
We had this guy on our team once, he had one hand, nine toes, and was legally blind in one ear. We called him "Lucky."
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:54:14 PM EST
Football... the sport pastime of human stool samples and bullet-to-the-head assholes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:54:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
We had this guy on our team once, he had one hand, nine toes, and was legally blind in one ear. We called him "Lucky."

Blind in one ear? That must be a very rare and unfortunate malady
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:55:51 PM EST
As Hemingway said: "There are three sports; motor racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing, the rest are just games".

One of my favorite quotes, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:59:31 PM EST
There was a kid featured on HBO's Real Sports with that Bryant Gumbel guy who had no legs and only one arm I believe. And he played middle linebacker. The footage was the freakiest thing I had ever seen. Dude was tackling running backs while crawling around on the field.
Top Top