Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 12:18:00 AM EDT
My boss always says he is worried because i am alwalys on here looking at pica of  ARs. They seem to think i will go "postal" and kill them all one day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you get paid to surf the web?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a gun name inked on my wrist, its my fault for getting it, but imagine the shit I have to put up with.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I do that at work all day long too.  My boss really doesn't care as long as i get my job done.  if your boss is that worried about it i would not push your luck!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My boss always says he is worried because i am alwalys on here looking at pica of  ARs. They seem to think i will go "postal" and kill them all one day.

That is in most employee handbooks these days as one of the signs of someone who will go postal.Just tell your boss everything is ok,the voices in your head only tell you when to clean your guns,not shoot them
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well you are at work, maybe you need to focus your attention on the JOB and not on ARF.com while on the company clock..
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So don't surf ARFCOM at work...even on breaks.  Find something less threatening like Drudge or something that is more job related.  Hell, surf The Onion and get cool points.

The other poster was right about the employee handbook thing.  I've been in managment before, and 'high-risk' employees are defined by "taking a sudden interest in guns or the military," and "obsessively viewing or talking about weapons (guns, knives) or war/warfare or other violent topics."  I always thought the HR genius that came up with those definitions should pull his/her head out of their ass and get real.

I would say that you don't fit the definition because you don't have a 'sudden' interest--ARFCOM and shooting is a hobby for you that you've had for longer than the definition of 'sudden'.

But if you want to be a real ass, you leave a voicemail for your boss that goes something like:

"Hi, this is [name], I won't be coming into work today because the voices told me to stay home and clean my guns.  But I'll be in early tomarrow!"
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#7]
It sounds like a good time to ask for a raise.
Make sure to show the boss your war face.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It sounds like a good time to ask for a raise.
Make sure to show the boss your war face.

Oooh, NICE!  Good thinkin'!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Give your Boss a Break. Start looking at Pictures of AK's...he'll feel better.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Relax and simply go about your daily life, don't be so negative man. Don't worry how others feel about you simply enjoy life and youll find out how others feel about you doesnt matter.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Richard Chesler: [Reading a piece of paper] The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club?

Narrator: [Voice-over] I'm half asleep again; I must've left the original in the copy machine.

Richard Chesler: The second rule of Fight Club - is this yours?

Narrator: Huh?

Richard Chesler: Pretend you're me, make a managerial decision: you find this, what would you do?

Narrator: [pauses] Well, I gotta tell you: I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that... is dangerous.
[Gets up from the chair]

Narrator: [Talking slowly] And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Richard Chesler: [Reading a piece of paper] The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club?
Narrator: [Voice-over] I'm half asleep again; I must've left the original in the copy machine.
Richard Chesler: The second rule of Fight Club - is this yours?
Narrator: Huh?
Richard Chesler: Pretend you're me, make a managerial decision: you find this, what would you do?
Narrator: [pauses] Well, I gotta tell you: I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that... is dangerous.
[Gets up from the chair]
Narrator: [Talking slowly] And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
Narrator: [Voice-over] Tyler's words coming out of my mouth.
[Snatches the piece of paper from boss' hands]
Narrator: [Voice-over] And I used to be such a nice guy.
Narrator: Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every little piece of trash you happen to pick up.
[Phone rings]
Narrator: [Into phone] Compliance and Liability...?
Marla Singer: My tit's gonna rot off.
Narrator: [to boss] Would you excuse me? I need to take this.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So don't surf ARFCOM at work...even on breaks.  Find something less threatening like Drudge or something that is more job related.  Hell, surf The Onion and get cool points.

The other poster was right about the employee handbook thing.  I've been in managment before, and 'high-risk' employees are defined by "taking a sudden interest in guns or the military," and "obsessively viewing or talking about weapons (guns, knives) or war/warfare or other violent topics."  I always thought the HR genius that came up with those definitions should pull his/her head out of their ass and get real.

I would say that you don't fit the definition because you don't have a 'sudden' interest--ARFCOM and shooting is a hobby for you that you've had for longer than the definition of 'sudden'.

But if you want to be a real ass, you leave a voicemail for your boss that goes something like:

"Hi, this is [name], I won't be coming into work today because the voices told me to stay home and clean my guns.  But I'll be in early tomarrow!"

A manager that can not spell TOMORROW.

Sad....but the norm I am afraid.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Some people take breaks. On these breaks, sometimes people surf the net.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well, I did say I WAS in managment...I'm not currently in that position.  Tired of the BS, and happy to be a line employee in a new field right now.

I'll admit that I don't really spell check my ARFCOM posts anyway.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Some people take breaks. On these breaks, sometimes people surf the net.

Yes, but it's still the "Company's" computer, internet service, chair, desk, and so on, and so on. Employee handbooks usually limit the amount of time spent online for personal use, as well.

Not justifying, but understanding............ "Facts is Facts".

Just because I have a computer, and service, doesn't mean I need to let all of my "buddies" use it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I do that at work all day long too.  My boss really doesn't care as long as i get my job done.  if your boss is that worried about it i would not push your luck!!

i agree. i talk about it with my boss, i can see the worry in his eyes, i just dropped the subject.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy Smokes!

Half of my building is crazy!

They ALL talk about killing with guns and explosives! Even the cute little 2nd level supervisor.

Of course, half of them are seeing action in the sandbox with the Arizona National Guard.

The little cuties hubby almost got it in an attack last week in Baghdad. 40 guys tore up and he got out without a scratch!

Then there is the Navy SEAL who came back to work with 2 new knees. Had them all shot up in Iraq in the mess around Falujia.

Yea, we ALL talk about guns & killing where I work.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#20]
DRAW DOWN ON HIM!

Seriously, I am glad I work where I do...I have 9 (inert) complete artillery rounds ranging from a 1.1" navy round to a 105mm Howitzer round on my credenza...not too mention I get ammo delivered here, and have dummy MG's from IMA delivered. Invariably we always unbox and set them up in the back room...everyone always loves to come and have a looksee when I get a box...

No biggie here, guess I'm lucky!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have a gun name inked on my wrist, its my fault for getting it, but imagine the shit I have to put up with.

I can't believe I'm the first to ask, "What gun name is inked on your wrist, Mmanwitgun?"

Don't worry, we won't give you shit for it.  Unless it's 'Hi-point' or something.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I have one of those jobs where long periods of nothing to do give me time to surf. The boss is not at all concerned because he does the same thing, except he does it all day. I am just going to tune it down abit and stay out of the pic threads,so i dont cause panic when my kit from Delton shows up I think that box had better got to the truck right away.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.mnky.co.uk/images/outside%20consultant.jpg

Damn, you beat me to that in less than 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I clean my guns at work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top