Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 11:52:14 AM EDT

I just want to see if anyone out there is interested in ordering a fur felt baseball cap.

I will need to know your hat size and the color you want.  I plan on going with a 4X Resistol for about $75.00 +S&H but if you want a higher grade or a Stetson let me know now as we can get a better deal as we bulk order.;-)

they look like a cowboy hat with a short crown that is round on the top and in the back (not like a beanie).  The brim is cut completely off on the sides and back and shaped in the front like the bill on a real ball cap.
They do not have a strap in the back to adjust the size so I need your hat size.
a hat band will be needed and can be supplied extra.

thanks,
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I'm kind of confused. Is this supposed to be a baseball cap that looks like a cowboy hat? Do you have a pic or anything, cause I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This is one of my pet projects and it is still in the preliminary design phase.
Ideally it should “BE” a single piece of felt shaped like a Baseball cap.
It will not look at all like a cowboy hat!  That’s the point.
Baseball caps are popular with a lot of people that do not wear cowboy hats and most baseball caps are cheep, wear quickly and look like crap.  Your right.  You have never seen anything like this.  No picks at this time.  I am still looking for a crown that is low enough to be shaped round, without a “cowboy” looking crown.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I supposed to wear a mullet hair-do with that hat?

Careful, now, we Texans are mighty peculiar about what we put on our heads!

Eric The(TheBigOnesAtLeast!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh I am being careful.  But for those who don’t live under the “Big Lone Star”. There are two kinds of Texans.  Those that wear cowboy hats, big buckles and pointy toed boots and those that don’t.  If you want to wear a hat in Texas it better be a baseball cap or a cowboy hat which means buckle and boots or you wear.  You don’t walk out of the house in a cowboy hat and tennis shoes or hiking boots.  The problem is (now I get sacrilegious)  cowboy boots aren’t tactical.  This looks like an alternative to a fedora or a bowler (both of which will get you’re a## kicked).        
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Am I supposed to wear a mullet hair-do with that hat?

Mullet....business in the front...party in the back!

medcop
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't mean a baseball cap that looks like a cowboy hat, that would be stupid. I meant a baseball cap that looks like it is made out of cowboy hat material.

Sorry for the confusion [:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, fur felt is what most high quality hats are made of including cowboy hats.
It would look like suede with a  soft flat texture but not stink when it gets sweaty.

Don’t sell yourself out.  I have seen lace up cowboy boots at Cavenders boot city.  These things were not “Chippewa” boots they had white tennis shoe laces and looked like high top basket ball shoes.  God awful.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top