Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 3:56:48 PM EDT
anyway a friend of mine is into pistols but hasn't done much longgun shooting so he was asking me what would be a good first longgun for homedefense and such so I recomended the mossberg 590 with ghost rings.

I showed him mine and he decided he wanted one, we go down to the store and he picks one out that he likes, then says "I will take it" he then he mentions in a joking voice "i can't wait to get this thing and teach those A holes at work a lesson"

the owner of the store looks at him with a pissed off look and says I am not selling you this please leave.

I was really embarrassed but thought it was pretty damn funny also, this isn't the first time his big mouth has gotton him in trouble I figured he had matured since college, guess not. Nice guy but what a dumbass!!!!!!!!

I told him to expect a visit from the pych. board.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
reminds me of a story i heard somewhere about a guy who goes to walmart and gets some womans nylons, a cheap duffle bag, a few boxes of shotgun shells, and then goes up to the sports counter to buy a shotgun

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That dealer is a c*cksucker.
Never buy from him again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, I think the owner was in the right in doing what he did....legally and morally. ;)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The dealer was being a good guy by not calling the cops to cover his ass in case your friend went somewhere else to buy a gun.

Sometimes ya gotta know when to STFU.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The dealer did the right thing… your idiot friend is lucky he did not call the police.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a dumb thing to say in these times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The dealer did the right thing… your idiot friend is lucky he did not call the police.
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree with Max_Mike.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#10]
When you are a dumbass, never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
That dude is an uptight dongmonger with no sense of humor.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

[:D] LOL! He said [b]dongmonger[/b]!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That dealer is a c*cksucker.
Never buy from him again.
View Quote

hit a nerve?[:D]
View Quote

Ya beat me to THAT one.
AB
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Mouth gets you in more trouble than anything else.

Given what the guy said,  the dealer made a wise choice.

It's SO easy for someone to misinterpret what you said and see a darker meaning to it.

I lost a job once over that.  Fortunately, the job sucked and I got a better one immediately.  Really,  no loss.

If you never open your mouth, shit will never roll out of it.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I can top this- I was in a gunshop one day with a "friend". The shop also has a 6 lane shooting range, and there were about 3 or 4 off-duty cops there, waiting for a free lane. My "friend", (now a passing aquaintance)asked the shops owner for some 44 magnum hollowpoints, something really hot. He didn't want factory Winchesters, he wanted the really hot stuff, real "cop killers". He said this aloud, in a room full of cops (I knew some of them). I dragged him out of there in a hurry, and took him home. I never took this fucking moron gun shopping again. Geez.... ==Bob
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Another golden moment for law-abiding gun owners everywhere... NOT! [:(!]

No offense to you but IMHO your so-called "friend" is a world class horse's ass for pulling that kind of shit.

There are times and places to yank someone's chain... this WASN'T it.

Kudos to the gunshop owner for only taking it as far as he did.  He could have dropped a dime on your friend to cover his ass.  I'm sure your friend would have thought that being grilled by the cops was a barrel of laughs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]
i thought you guys would get a kick out of that.

honestly if I was the dealer and someone said that I probably wouldn't sell either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#18]
The gun dealer was 100% justified.  I would have asked the customer to never come back to my store.

I detest people who joke about using guns to commit crimes and murders.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
That wouldn't be too funny. Just think if your friend had the name John Malvo. If your friend had truly blown away some people, the gun store owner would be screwed. Even if gunstore owner were innocent, the lawyers fee would put him out of business in an eye blink. Of course the plantiffs lawyers are from VPC work pro-buno. IF your friend really had dastard deeds on his mind, he shouldn't tell the gunstore owner. Not funny, similar to yelling fire in a crowded theatre or wolf.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#20]
A former friend of mine managed a small gunshop that used to be a house. One day he was in the basement shooting an AR15 (there is no range in the basement,just a dugout type basement). It was very loud and shook the racks of the shop above. Just then 2 guys came walking through the door,BOOM BOOM BOOM came from below us,and the guys got a very puzzled look on their face.One of the other guys in the shop spoke up and said not to worry,"we were just dealing with some shoplifters"! They beat a hasty retreat.But it was pretty funny.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[+]:D]Hail to the King.
Anyways, if I go into a gunshop, totally serious, they suspect something of me.
I don't smile,and act all happy, they don't sell.
That's how it always seems to work out for me.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A former friend of mine managed a small gunshop that used to be a house. One day he was in the basement shooting an AR15 (there is no range in the basement,just a dugout type basement). It was very loud and shook the racks of the shop above. Just then 2 guys came walking through the door,BOOM BOOM BOOM came from below us,and the guys got a very puzzled look on their face.One of the other guys in the shop spoke up and said not to worry,"we were just dealing with some shoplifters"! They beat a hasty retreat.But it was pretty funny.  
View Quote

I had to go up to the CT Dept of Public Safety one time. Its also CT State Police HQ. The trooper at the door asks me to check all cell phones, keys, change, automatic weapons, pipebombs, and hand grenades before walking through the metal detector. I just about laughed my @$$ off before putting my MAC-10 in the bin. J/k about the MAC.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#24]
[;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]
During the '91-92 recession some stock broker type fella walking into the local gun range, rented a gun, bought ammo, went into a lane and blew his head off. Local paper printed it and apparently someone read it and said "WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!" and did it as well.

Next door was an appliance parts shop that I used to buy my supplies from. The owner DARED me to go to the range and asked if I could rent a gun and [b]1[/b] bullet.

Told him he was fucking nuts. this guy was a psycho.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was in a friend's gunstore/range in CA a few years ago, when a guy I knew through a mutual friend came in wanting to see "the biggest handgun you got". He worked his way up to a very large frame .44 magnum, and had to handle it. Once he got it in his paws, here's what he did. He turned around, gripping it like he was strangling a boa, raised it to shoulder height, and screamed "FREEZE, N!@@#R$!!!" at the top of his lungs. Scared the pants off everyone there.

It was so embarassing.
He was the type do anything for attention one second, and say "what are you looking at?" the next.

Pretty sure he never got to show his face there again.
View Quote

[LOL]BUAH HAHAHAHA!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was in a friend's gunstore/range in CA a few years ago, when a guy I knew through a mutual friend came in wanting to see "the biggest handgun you got". He worked his way up to a very large frame .44 magnum, and had to handle it. Once he got it in his paws, here's what he did. He turned around, gripping it like he was strangling a boa, raised it to shoulder height, and screamed "FREEZE, N!@@#R$!!!" at the top of his lungs. Scared the pants off everyone there.

It was so embarassing.
He was the type do anything for attention one second, and say "what are you looking at?" the next.

Pretty sure he never got to show his face there again.
View Quote

[LOL]BUAH HAHAHAHA!!!!
View Quote

Complete stupidity......
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Dr. Phil did an entire show about people like that.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Pathetic
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#31]
edited for flame war removal

what the hell could the police do to him exactly?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You said it too [lol]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The gun dealer was 100% justified.  I would have asked the customer to never come back to my store.

I detest people who joke about using guns to commit crimes and murders.
View Quote

Bingo! I agree 100%
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not funny, similar to yelling fire in a crowded theatre or wolf.
View Quote

Last time I yelled fire in a crowded wolf, they charged me with disorderly conduct.  It was less serious though than the time I yelled wolf in a crowded theater!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#35]
friends, we are gathered here today to bury our lifelong friend...sense of humor.

sense was a good man, with many friends.

he will be greatly missed.

all hail the new man...politically correct, common sense.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When you are a dumbass, never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.
View Quote

This is good advice.

Of course, life for me wouldn't be quite as interesting if I took this advice.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I yelled fire in a crowded wolf, they charged me with disorderly conduct.  It was less serious though than the time I yelled wolf in a crowded theater!
View Quote

Back in the early 70s I shouted 'Theatre' at a crowded fire and got locked up. The judge threw it out and actually called the cop a 'chowderhead'!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Back in the early 70s I shouted 'Theatre' at a crowded fire and got locked up. The judge threw it out and actually called the cop a 'chowderhead'!
View Quote

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
[Back in the early 70s I shouted 'Theatre' at a crowded fire and got locked up. The judge threw it out and actually called the cop a 'chowderhead'!
View Quote

[ROFL2]

Piccolo, you absolutely slay me. I was in high school in the early 70's and would have done that then, if I had thought of it...

edited for the dadburned typos
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top