Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/2/2009 7:38:22 AM EST
She is using new english version.I gave her my NIV and NAS bibles She liked the NIV.Any suggestions on a larger print NIV;this will be a Christmas gift so I want quality.Zondervan has one-ISBN 0310906822.Any help/advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:49:06 AM EST
Being a Lutheran, I prefer the Concordia Self Study Bible (now the Lutheran Study Bible in ESV) in the NIV. It is in most Christian bookstores or cph.org has them online.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:24:59 AM EST
Thanks;will watch thread for others.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:01:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 3:14:27 PM EST by Bearsfan]
I know you asked about the NIV but I can not recommend more that you check this one out.

ESV Study Bible

The ESV is just as easy to read as the NIV and is a more literal translation.

Seriously this is an incredible study Bible, In a great readable translation.

ETA: I looked up the one that you referenced, and I would say that that is a nice choice in size and features. However I would lean more toward the Genuine Leather description than the Bonded Leather. The Genuine is usually thicker, the bonded looks just as nice but is cheaper feeling. Ive got both types, and personally I prefer the feel of the Genuine Leather binding better.

In fact, the last two Bibles I have bought I picked them up in the synthetic Tru-Tone. It is really soft and durable, and look very nice too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:26:28 PM EST
www.christianbook.com. I have purchased from them many times over the last 5 or 6 yrs. They have just about every version of the bible you can think of. Good prices and they run sales off and on all year. Their Christmas sale should be coming soon. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:43:15 AM EST
I second the motion on http://www.christianbook.com/ ... they've got a very wide selection of Bibles.

Top Top