Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2002 9:25:00 AM EDT
I am a 42 old french shooter. I am very interresting by long range, hight power, and rifle metallique silhouette shooting. I will travel around Arizona for about 2 weeks in May 2003. Please could you tell me some gun-clubs and gun- shops I couli visit. Is any gun-shows in Las Vegas during may?
If you need some informations about France or french gun, may be I can help you.
Thank a lot. Bye
JL V
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what's known as a slow hanging curveball.

If it's serious, I'm afraid of being offensive.  If it's humorous, I'm afraid of not being up to the task of responding in kind.

Perhaps I should wait until the situation becomes clearer?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
sorry kbaker, I know my english is horrible it isn't a joke. I want only some informations about gun shops and guns clubs
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't help you with gun clubs,  but Have been to just about every major gunshop in Las Vegas on business trips.
 Several of them have ranges and rental guns on premises.  My suggestion would be to look over the Phone directory in the hotel room and then call for directions to those places you are interested in.

I'll do some digging, but at the moment don't know of any Las Vegas area gun shows for May.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Villeche,
  Try the principal of this web site. He lives in Phoenix, and can probably get you sorted out.
[url]http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
sorry kbaker, I know my english is horrible it isn't a joke. I want only some informations about gun shops and guns clubs
View Quote
There's absolutely nothing wrong with your English.  Beats the absolute hell out of my French.  I didn't mean to offend, however, if you've lurked in here much the French and their weapons have been the recipients of some rather acid humor.  Your initial post could have been misconstrued as someone trolling for more of the same.

Having said that, if you're in the Tucson area on the first Sunday in May, the Tucson Rifle Club hosts a metallic silhouette match on that day.  In fact, they host a blackpowder cartridge rifle silhouette match on the first Saturday, followed by the regular match on Sunday.  Check out the website [url]www.tucsonrifleclub.org[/url]

On the second weekend of the month they hold a 1,000 yard benchrest match both Saturday and Sunday (different matches.)  On the 3rd Sunday there's another benchrest match, and a service rifle match.  On the 4th Saturday there's a high-power rifle match.  (I run an IHMSA handgun silhouette match on the 4th Sunday.)
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#8]
What part of Arizona are you going to be visiting? I live in Scottsdale.

Sorry, we're a little spooked of Europeans after the debacle with the German media at our October fun shoot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]
You may want to check with the folks over at [url=http://www.cavalryarms.com]Cavalry Arms[/url].  The folks there are very friendly and I'm sure would give you a tour of the place.  You can also find them over in the Industry section of the board.

Enjoy your trip!
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry, we're a little spooked of Europeans after the debacle with the German media at our October fun shoot.
View Quote

In view of our new poster you may have invoked an international incident with that comment.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Bon jour et bienvenue a AR15.com.
Moi, je m'appelle: Capitaine Pooby.
Comment ca'va au jour dhui?
Mon francais ce nepas beaux, parce que, je ne parle pas en francais beacoup. Excuse mois, sil vous plat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]
welcome
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]
All I can say is:

[blue][b][size=5]Sacre Bleu!!![/blue][/b][/size=5]

It appears as though the shit has already started.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Tout vous baser apartenir a nous.

Anyone know what I said in my bad french?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Jeez Junior_gunnut. Another shooter is coming to visit Arizona, wants a little inside info from the locals about interests we share in common, and you pull that crap.

It'd be one thing if he came on saying we smelled of elderberries and our mother was a hampster, but he didn't.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah, the famed AR15.com welcome mat is rolled out once again. Hope someone informs him he needs 1000 posts, not 1, before question privileges are granted.

Why don't we just put a "No Vacancy" sign on the homepage?

sheesh...
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ah, the famed AR15.com welcome mat is rolled out once again. Hope someone informs him he needs 1000 posts, not 1, before question privileges are granted.

Why don't we just put a "No Vacancy" sign on the homepage?

sheesh...
View Quote

This could be why our membership always seems to hover at like 29,000 and change and never goes up to 30K.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes my french is lacking. Got any?
I have IM'ed villeche with my reasons for this thread.
It has nothing to do with the french.
If your french is so good, translate my comments.
I could use the lesson. Really.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]
There goes da neighborhood...

Welcome Villeche!! [beer]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I said one bad thing which I deleted.
I called RM an imbecile in french. Its the same word in english and my vocabulary is limited.
Sorry for the personal attack RM.
I just feel we should have nothing to hide here.
How do you thing he'd feel if we're lovey dovey on this thread and finds it later?
He'd think we were a bunch of two faced SOBs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Now, now guys...
This Gentleman comes to us for some help in doing something we all take for granted in this country... our God Given Right to go BLASTING THE SHIT OUT OF THINGS !!! All this Frenchman wants to do is to experience some of that good old USA Freedom !!! So we don't have to give people grief over it.
And I see no one has warned him about the Southwestern HEAT ! It could be over 100 F here in Phoenix or even in Las Vegas in May .
Hell ,if I had the time and he was down here I'd take him out to shoot 1000 meters with me !!
And did you guys forget who gave this country the Statue of Liberty???
And who helped us in the War of Independence ???
Don't you guys study your history ?????
I LOVE my country but my family came to the USA from someplace else (central Europe).So this Gentleman is coming to the USA to visit & have some fun the way we all like to have fun... shooting !

[usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Just take your little tantrum to the thread I made for YOU. Make your first amendment stand there. This is not the thread to do it in.

Lets clean this post up. You delete all your posts and I will delete all mine. Can we do that and take this argument over to another thread?

OK, I deleted mine.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#24]
OK I deleted my posts. I just want everyone to know, I did not slam Villeche in any way in my poor french. Nor did I slam anyone on this board except for for one personal dig at RM(I called him an imbecile)and that I apologize for.
OK, where is the other thread?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmmmm, interesting. The Captain responds to him in not perfect, but understandable, French---and the guy stops posting

Wonder why?  [:k]???
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, interesting. The Captain responds to him in not perfect, but understandable, French---and the guy stops posting

Wonder why?  [:k]???
View Quote

Your far to late to have seen what happened. All the posts have been deleted (By choice). I would not blame the guy if he NEVER came back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I saw what happened...and we wonder why American gun owners are so villified among other cultures.  [rolleyes]

Excuse me while I [puke]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#28]
thank a lot for all our answers very sympathic most often and sometime hard to (that's live).
I would be very happy and proud to become friend
of an US shooter and may be show what a frenchy can do with an AR15 or M1A ( Iam the happyness
owner of this guns, and some more). I am use to
shot and reload. WE can do this in France too but or laws are more hard than in US so it is more and more difficult. We dont have most often very long range place most often 200 or 300 m.
I hope some answers and may be see you.
Bye
JL V
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top