Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 12:20:39 PM EDT
last night i went to perform the divorced man's monthly, lonely ritual: my laundry.
the laundry attendant watched as i spilled a pair of pants as i struggled to get my overloaded basket to the machines. then walked past them to inform me that the last load has to be in the machine by 8:30 (i worked till 8. it was 8:15. 15 min. to get the clothes into the machines? gosh, i hope i'm up to the challenge.) i summoned up my best "i wanna be helpful" smile, and said "yep! thanks". all the while wondering what his liver would look like squishing through my fingers.

i got my clothes started. there was the requisite overweight family present, complete with screaming kids. otherwise the place was empty. they were at the other end of the room, so i had a tv to my self. blessings! i went over to the attendant, and ventured: "there's a presidential speech on at 9. no one is watching the tv in the back, how about changing the channel to a major network so's i dont miss the speech?"
he said" ok. at 9."
i said "now." through my teeth.
the channel was changed amid eye rolling. (i sensed it. the guy was wall-eyed, so hard to tell.)

the screaming family collected their things and left, leaving myself and the attendant. the address began about the time my clothes needed to go in the dryers, so my attention was divided. when i got squared away i looked over my shoulder to see the attendant standing, watching the other tube with rapt attention: [b]WRESTLING![/b]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Freedom to be clueless just about sums it up.

Everyone I have met out here in California has at least shown interest in this, most are on the patriotic bandwagon, for now.

I am looking forward to seeing what will be in a few months.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe there should be wrestling during the speech?  You know, bush has to keep those ratings up!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Just what did you expect in Ohio??? [%|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top