Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/9/2002 3:33:38 PM EDT
Holy Crap, have I been here THAT long??? I started out as AR15Fencer... but... thought that sounded kinda gay... so now I'm M1QJ... but that would be hard to say when I meet people. SO, I've decided I need a better name!! Since my first name is Matthew, and my middle initial is Q, I'm thinking 'MatthewQ'.. kinda a play on the Quigley thing. Think that will work?? Anyway, I want to say that it's been great here at AR15.com. I look forward to my 2000th post and my 3000th, etc... I've found a great bunch of people here! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:36:57 PM EDT
How about just MJ? then we'll all think of you in a much different light. [:D] So what does the Q stand for? Do you really need to include it in your handle? why not go for the humorous/silly/rip-off-a-movie-character names?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/9/2002 3:47:11 PM EDT by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:49:58 PM EDT
Who the $&%* are you anyway??
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:14:06 PM EDT
How about [b]'McQ'?[/b] From John Wayne's 1973 movie of that name. [img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300269175.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img] It's easy to say, it has a good beat and is easy to dance to, I'll give it an 85, Mr. Clark...ooops, sorry, wrong show! Eric The(Studious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:40:16 PM EDT
I figured I'd get more 'Who the &%$^ are you???' answers! I'm here without being seen... 1000 posts, and I have not established a personality here... maybe another 1000 will help! Or maybe meeting some of you blokes will! I think I will go with MatthewQ... pretty easy to remember.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:06:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M1QJ: Holy Crap, have I been here THAT long??? I started out as AR15Fencer... but... thought that sounded kinda gay... so now I'm M1QJ... but that would be hard to say when I meet people. SO, I've decided I need a better name!! Since my first name is Matthew, and my middle initial is Q, I'm thinking 'MatthewQ'.. kinda a play on the Quigley thing. Think that will work?? Anyway, I want to say that it's been great here at AR15.com. I look forward to my 2000th post and my 3000th, etc... I've found a great bunch of people here! [:)]
View Quote
This is all fine and good, congrats on the 1K post and all, but the phrase "Holy Crap" belongs to me. I made it up and it's mine. You can borrow it for use when you're at a loss for words, but please get permission first. Carry on...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:13:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:14:18 PM EDT
You definately need a better name. Something that makes some sense. Good Luck[:D] CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:53:13 PM EDT
ETH has beat me to it...[b]McQ[/b]. It sounds good. It looks good. It's YOU, baby! [;D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:12:42 PM EDT
[b]McQ-zi[/b] You need a name that defines you, a name you can relate to. One that, at the sheer sight of, you know that a verbal bashing and/or a smartass remark will only naturally follow. Of course, "Jewbroni" is already taken.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:16:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jewbroni: [b]McQ-zi[/b] You need a name that defines you, a name you can relate to. One that, at the sheer sight of, you know that a verbal bashing and/or a smartass remark will only naturally follow. Of course, "Jewbroni" is already taken.
View Quote
Yah, I was hoping you would post on the "Where my Name came from" post. I can figure out the "Jew" part. Does the second part mean you are very starchy? Or just bent? -legrue [;)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:17:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:52:49 AM EDT
McQ would be cool... I think I've seen the movie (I'm a young'n... bear with me!), but I would never aspire to compare myself to the Duke! That would almost be sacreliege! MatthewQ is a play on my own name, and a slight reference to another movie character.... I don't feel that's much sacreliege there. :)
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:57:23 AM EDT
How about Insight or WeenieCar or Gassipper or somthing like that. After all it is what you are best known for! [;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:02:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:11:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Torf: How about Insight or WeenieCar or Gassipper or somthing like that. After all it is what you are best known for! [;)]
View Quote
ahhh... Someone already has gassipr as a license plate... MixdPowr was a witty one. I do love my car (made it from Austin, Tx to Oklahoma City and back on 11 gallons of gas), but I'll leave those names alone. Beerslayer, I thought about AssClown. Though it has a certain je ne se quoi about it, I'll leave that one available for you in case you decide to change your name. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:41:55 AM EDT
You gotta love a Texan that uses [i][b]'je ne se quoi'[/b][/i] correctly in a sentence![:D] You the man, McQ, er, I mean [b]MatthewQ![/b] Eric The(Erudite)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:02:28 AM EDT
ETH, thanks! My next comment is DAMNIT!! Someone already has MatthewQ as a username... but he hasn't logged in in a couple months. I'll have to use Matthew_Q... durnit. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:09:25 AM EDT
I vote for Roy Cobb
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:13:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By legrue:
Originally Posted By Jewbroni: [b]McQ-zi[/b] You need a name that defines you, a name you can relate to. One that, at the sheer sight of, you know that a verbal bashing and/or a smartass remark will only naturally follow. Of course, "Jewbroni" is already taken.
View Quote
Yah, I was hoping you would post on the "Where my Name came from" post. I can figure out the "Jew" part. Does the second part mean you are very starchy? Or just bent? -legrue [;)]
View Quote
Actually, he's not Jewish!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:15:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: i think AssClown is still available [:D]
View Quote
[u]That[/u] will [u]not[/u] pass the [b]DonR Smell Test![/b] Seriously! [:D] Eric The(YouGottaTrustMeOnThisOne,Pal!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:37:41 AM EDT
Top Top