Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 3:33:38 PM EDT
Holy Crap, have I been here THAT long???

I started out as AR15Fencer... but... thought that sounded kinda gay... so now I'm M1QJ... but that would be hard to say when I meet people.  SO, I've decided I need a better name!!

Since my first name is Matthew, and my middle initial is Q, I'm thinking 'MatthewQ'.. kinda a play on the Quigley thing.  Think that will work??

Anyway, I want to say that it's been great here at AR15.com.  I look forward to my 2000th post and my 3000th, etc...  I've found a great bunch of people here!  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
How about just MJ?  then we'll all think of you in a much different light.  [:D]

So what does the Q stand for?  Do you really need to include it in your handle?  why not go for the humorous/silly/rip-off-a-movie-character names?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Who the $&%* are you anyway??
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
How about [b]'McQ'?[/b]

From John Wayne's 1973 movie of that name.

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300269175.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

It's easy to say, it has a good beat and is easy to dance to, I'll give it an 85, Mr. Clark...ooops, sorry, wrong show!

Eric The(Studious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I figured I'd get more 'Who the &%$^ are you???' answers!  I'm here without being seen... 1000 posts, and I have not established a personality here... maybe another 1000 will help!  Or maybe meeting some of you blokes will!

I think I will go with MatthewQ... pretty easy to remember.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holy Crap, have I been here THAT long???

I started out as AR15Fencer... but... thought that sounded kinda gay... so now I'm M1QJ... but that would be hard to say when I meet people.  SO, I've decided I need a better name!!

Since my first name is Matthew, and my middle initial is Q, I'm thinking 'MatthewQ'.. kinda a play on the Quigley thing.  Think that will work??

Anyway, I want to say that it's been great here at AR15.com.  I look forward to my 2000th post and my 3000th, etc...  I've found a great bunch of people here!  [:)]
View Quote

This is all fine and good, congrats on the 1K post and all, but the phrase "Holy Crap" belongs to me. I made it up and it's mine.
You can borrow it for use when you're at a loss for words, but please get permission first.

Carry on...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
You definately need a better name. Something that makes some sense. Good Luck[:D] CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
ETH has beat me to it...[b]McQ[/b].

It sounds good.
It looks good.
It's YOU, baby! [;D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]McQ-zi[/b]

You need a name that defines you, a name you can relate to.  One that, at the sheer sight of, you know that a verbal bashing and/or a smartass remark will only naturally follow.

Of course, "Jewbroni" is already taken.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[b]McQ-zi[/b]

You need a name that defines you, a name you can relate to.  One that, at the sheer sight of, you know that a verbal bashing and/or a smartass remark will only naturally follow.

View Quote

Yah, I was hoping you would post on the "Where my Name came from" post.

I can figure out the "Jew" part. Does the second part mean you are very starchy? Or just bent?

-legrue [;)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#13]
McQ would be cool... I think I've seen the movie (I'm a young'n... bear with me!), but I would never aspire to compare myself to the Duke!  That would almost be sacreliege!

MatthewQ is a play on my own name, and a slight reference to another movie character.... I don't feel that's much sacreliege there.  :)

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#14]
How about Insight or WeenieCar or Gassipper or somthing like that.  After all it is what you are best known for!

[;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How about Insight or WeenieCar or Gassipper or somthing like that.  After all it is what you are best known for!

[;)]
View Quote

ahhh... Someone already has gassipr as a license plate...  MixdPowr was a witty one.
I do love my car (made it from Austin, Tx to Oklahoma City and back on 11 gallons of gas), but I'll leave those names alone.

Beerslayer, I thought about AssClown.  Though it has a certain je ne se quoi about it, I'll leave that one available for you in case you decide to change your name.  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#17]
You gotta love a Texan that uses [i][b]'je ne se quoi'[/b][/i] correctly in a sentence![:D]

You the man, McQ, er, I mean [b]MatthewQ![/b]

Eric The(Erudite)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#18]
ETH, thanks!

My next comment is DAMNIT!!  Someone already has MatthewQ as a username... but he hasn't logged in in a couple months.   I'll have to use Matthew_Q... durnit.

[:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I vote for Roy Cobb
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]McQ-zi[/b]

View Quote

Yah, I was hoping you would post on the "Where my Name came from" post.

I can figure out the "Jew" part. Does the second part mean you are very starchy? Or just bent?

-legrue [;)]
View Quote

Actually, he's not Jewish!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
i think AssClown is still available [:D]
View Quote

[u]That[/u] will [u]not[/u] pass the [b]DonR Smell Test![/b]

Seriously! [:D]

Eric The(YouGottaTrustMeOnThisOne,Pal!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top