Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:59:02 PM EDT
I was wondering how everyone  acted when they bring home a new gun.  It has mellowed out for me a bit but I still spend a bit of time with the new toy.  In the old (pre married) days, I uses to take a half day off, pick up the weapon and go home. I would proceed to take out all or most of my guns from the safe and lay them all out while I proceed to dry fire, take down etc my new toy.
I was just wondering what everyone else's rituals were?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You're kinda scaring me
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
People have guns on this site?

Guns are icky!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Guns are icky!

+1

Only bad people have guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're kinda scaring me

Oh please, you obviously don't have the bug
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I fondle on a regular basis... especially with a new toy.

Sometimes I clean a couple for no reason.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll admit, I will open the box, admire the form and finish, pick the thing up, feel how it balances and points, dryfire a few times, take the thing down, examine the internals, see how it works, apply a little oil, put it back together, take it apart again, study internals some more, imagine the best way to make it full auto, put it back together, and place it in the safe, and look at all the cool shit I can get for it on the intraweb.

Usually I repeat this process 2-3 times before actually shooting the thing.

Honestly, there are few things more beautiful than a new gun.  Mechanical engineering works of art.  Fit and finish.  Tolerances.  Machine work.  Moving parts.  Springs.  The sound of metal sliding against metal.  All of it fascinates me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
No Comment
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#8]
You said fondle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I take them in the bathroom where I won't be disturbed and...mess with them.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
[terminator chick]I like your GUN[/terminator chick]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
The first thing when I buy ANYTHING new is I take a big smell of it. It generally works better with other stuff like electronics, but I just love the smell of anything new. New car, new electronics, new guns you name it. Once you start using it, it just doesn't quite smell the same.

I dunno where everything picks up that funk from......
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was wondering how everyone  acted when they bring home a new gun.  It has mellowed out for me a bit but I still spend a bit of time with the new toy.  In the old (pre married) days, I uses to take a half day off, pick up the weapon and go home. I would proceed to take out all or most of my guns from the safe and lay them all out while I proceed to dry fire, take down etc my new toy.

Same here.

But I dodge around, shooting at imaginary zombies or monsters from Doom coming through the doors and windows...
(I make certain they're unloaded first of course.)

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll admit, I will open the box, admire the form and finish, pick the thing up, feel how it balances and points, dryfire a few times, take the thing down, examine the internals, see how it works, apply a little oil, put it back together, take it apart again, study internals some more, imagine the best way to make it full auto, put it back together, and place it in the safe, and look at all the cool shit I can get for it on the intraweb.

Honestly, there are few things more beautiful than a new gun.  Mechanical engineering works of art.  Fit and finish.  Tolerances.  Machine work.  Moving parts.  Springs.  The sound of metal sliding against metal.  All of it fascinates me.

I do the EXACT same thing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#14]
One thing I always do is savor the moment of opening the box and seeing the new firearm for the first time. Sometimes, if it's a big purchase, I really like to go all out, making sure that everything is "in order" and have appropriate music playing in the background (such as "Thus Spoke Zoraster") when the box is opened for the first time. I will always then slowly pick it up, give it a slow and thorough look-over and "fondling," followed by playing/dry firing/practical function/quality checks/etc.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I rub a new gun up against my naughty parts, over and over again.

Then, not only am I happy, but no one will want to mess with my gun.

I'm a thinker, ya know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The official ARFCOM term is "finger f*cking, not fondeling". And yes it is normal behavior.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I am doing it now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Do you do this in the dark, or by the light of candles?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Open box, load mag, chamber round and fire.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I like watching TW with them. Tell me you never wated tour of duty with your AR's!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Hell yeah! I fondle them a good bit, clean 'em up, and usually examine my others as well. It's really something to get a new gun (Well, for some of us) and it is best to enjoy that, you won't get to do it again for a while
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guns are icky!

+1

See my sig line.

Balming
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Not only do it with my new guns, I do it with my old ones as well. I'm an equal opportunity fondler!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I seem to do that sometimes
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:22:10 AM EDT
[#25]
It rubs the oil on it's barrel or else it gets the hoppes again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:08:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

But I dodge around, shooting at imaginary zombies or monsters from Doom coming through the doors and windows...
(I make certain they're unloaded first of course.)

long ago in a house I rented with a bunch of roommates I was home alone doing just that. I came around a corner with my new pistol grip shotgun at head level. my buddies girl friend had let herself in and was about a foot from the end of my barrel. Man was I taken aback. of course it scared the shit out of her.

that will teach that bitch to steal my butter and then complain about how she like margarine better

what a HO. not really she was a ho!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:20:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Not only do it with my new guns, I do it with my old ones as well. I'm an equal opportunity fondler!

Same here - can't let the older ones get jealous, ya know!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guns are icky!

+1

Yeah, Get rid of your guns. Send them to me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Finger Fucking guns is almost better than sex.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Pick gun up as soon as possible.  Buy ammunition on the spot (you should have bought it beforehand).  Proceed to nearest range and fire it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top