Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 9:05:12 PM EDT
It just never ends.
First they came for Coal.. then they came for Wood Burning Stoves and finally the worst pollutant of all....Patriotic Celebrations.

Next up, new EPA data suggests that smoke from Continental Army musket and rifle fire may have been the catalyst for the current uptick in global warming.
It Recommends the removal of all public references to The Revolutionary War...particularly General George Washington who reveled in cannon fire which alone increased high altitude particulates by a factor of 80 billion EPA hash marks.

Firework hurt baby seals.

"The study compared PM2.5 concentrations on July 4 with days preceding and following the holiday. It found PM2.5 concentrations peaked around 9-10 p.m. on July 4 at more than twice their average before dropping back to background levels by around noon on July 5."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ban all fireworks
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban the EPA
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ban all fireworks
View Quote

Fo da chilluns
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well hell.

Sorry about that EPA, I'll be sure and blow up my stock pile in a few days.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ban all fireworks
View Quote
Club the seals

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ban the EPA
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, it's true.  You can see the spike in particulate levels after the fireworks are over.

However, it's really not a serious threat to public health.  This is just the liberal nanny-staters trying to stomp out everyone's fun.

ETA:  Here's a link to the actual monitoring data in Utah from last year.  Note how quickly the pollution dissipates.  No one is going to die from fireworks, unless they're on their deathbed anyway and are breathing in the smoke directly.

http://www.airmonitoring.utah.gov/dataarchive/PM25JUL14.pdf

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The monitors are very accurate, I maintain them at work... an evil coal power plant.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll  be doing my part
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Our local PD posted on Facebook that the fine for shooting them off in town was $141.
I asked if that price was good for a full 24 hours.
They were not amused.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I guess we need to outlaw those pesky volcanoes, then.

They're the real culprits when it comes to particulates.

All that ash, you know.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ban the EPA
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow they must have some genius sobs working there to figure that out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't give a fuck
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol ok

Tell that bunch of bureaucratic cunts to put it on my tab, I'm all out of fucks to give for their "studies" and subsequent laws.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's some pollution to listen too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAlS5QYJjqk
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but we can still wreck the economy, and consequently, society as we know it just because.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Fireworks are awesome. I haven't lit any in years. Are my carbon credits transferable? Some American could put them to good use.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Actually, it's true.  You can see the spike in particulate levels after the fireworks are over.

However, it's really not a serious threat to public health.  This is just the liberal nanny-staters trying to stomp out everyone's fun.

ETA:  Here's a link to the actual monitoring data in Utah from last year.  Note how quickly the pollution dissipates.  No one is going to die from fireworks, unless they're on their deathbed anyway and are breathing in the smoke directly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How 'bout we tell the EPA to FOAD.

Oh that's right we FUCKING GAVE THEM THE POWER TO RIGHT CHECKS FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNTS!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't give a fuck
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Already heard it on the news
So I say,
America! Fuck Ya!

They can stick that pollution bullshit up their ass.
Then I'll ass fuck them.
Then they can SUCK MY DICK!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't give a fuck

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#25]
They tried to ban them in SLC because of just this, turns out the couple hour spike in pm2.5 is not enough to even hurt those with sensitive breathing or cause a significant effective in overall public health.  The effects of PM2.5 is not studied in hours when it comes to health effects but days/years.  In essence its a weak argument for those that have been trying to ban fireworks for years, manipulate the data, only show the part of the data that fits your narrative (while ignoring the whole set of data that actually shows what is going on), manipulate graphs to scare those that don't understand graphs, you know the usual junk science way to get what you want.
-coming from an public health major with an emphasis on Industrial Hygiene.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Compare ALL firework air pollution from the start of our country to the air pollution caused by this forrest fire in Canada.  I suspect when you compare apples to apples, the EPA has little argument.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

They tried to ban them in SLC because of just this, turns out the couple hour spike in pm2.5 is not enough to even hurt those with sensitive breathing or cause a significant effective in overall public health.  The effects of PM2.5 is not studied in hours when it comes to health effects but days/years.  In essence its a weak argument for those that have been trying to ban fireworks for years, manipulate the data, only show the part of the data that fits your narrative (while ignoring the whole set of data that actually shows what is going on), manipulate graphs to scare those that don't understand graphs, you know the usual junk science way to get what you want.

View Quote

Mayor Becker claimed the city didn't have the money a couple of years ago.  Even his left-wing constituents gave him an earful.

This is the perfect issue for the environmentalists to push, because it will create a huge backlash.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I don't give a fuck
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#29]
its about dismantling an American Traditions OUR Holiday declaring our Independence of being OVER GOVERNED!

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.  John Adams written to his wife Abigail, due to travel times the full celebration announcement was 2 days late...and July 4 became our first National Holiday..

FUCK the PROGRESSIVE DESTRUCTION of OUR History from Tory chains and 48% tariffs, to new deals, banker bailouts, car make bailouts, stimulis money
and the growth of the welfare nation in 240 years...FUCK EM ALL..
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#30]
BAN THE FUCKING EPA CUNTS

AND FUCK THE SEALS
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I heard this today on the radio , Fuck the epa .
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't care. Still blowing shit up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Environmental Phaggot Agency
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ban the EPA
View Quote

This is not the answer. The EPA does have a valid purpose, and without it, we would likely have pollution like China does. What we need is to get the EPA in check. They should have to get permission for all major decisions from a bipartisan panel of Congress critters, not simply answer to the President. Then we wouldn't have so much nonsense like the current push to control CO2 emissions. And we could probably cut staffing by at least 50%, and quit wasting grant money on ridiculous studies. Next up, IRS cuts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Liberals hate fun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:41:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Ban fireworks, burn old tires instead.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Job security for me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
You can thank Texas for pushing the regulation of hourly maximum emissions in addition to annual emissions.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:51:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Ban liberals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ban all fireworks
View Quote

I rather this than guns
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Gentlemen, this is a crisis and we must do our part to solve it.

This rise in particulate levels on the evening of 4th of July must not continue.

I hereby recommend that we shoot off fireworks for the whole week of Independence day so the particulates don't all happen on one night.

Think of the children!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#42]
i'll be doing my part.
at least 4 nights this month I will setup and shoot a  4' x 8'  box o goodies.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Yesterday the local Orlando news-rag printed an article about how fireworks scare pets and that no one should be allowed to shoot FWs.   They forgot to mention that thunder storms scare pets far worse and yet we have them nearly every day!

It's looking like somebody is making a coordinated effort demonize FWs.  I would not be surprised to see an attempt at a FEDERAL ban soon. You know, if if saves one child (or one pet) and all that.

But they might as well, there's fewer and fewer "Freedoms" left in this country to celebrate all of the time except for the freedom to a "special" snowflake and deprive others of their rights and freedoms!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Ya know what, fuck everything.

Just fuck it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top