Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/16/2007 2:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2007 5:42:22 PM EDT by BURN]
doing a project...I need a close up picture of the primer strike on a 9mm brass....the more picture from different guns the better...please list the weapon it was fired from thank you....
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:57:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BURN:
doing a project...I need a close up picture of the primer strike on a 9mm brass....the more picture from different guns the better...please list the weapon it was fired from thank you....

Aren't Glocks the only ones that leave an easily identifiable mark?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:59:33 PM EDT
Do you work for Glock? Maryland? FBI?

<adjusts tinfoil>
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:05:03 PM EDT
Considering the number of posts you have, I doubt you are a Brady or DU troll. Pictures of such things may be found on our own excellent RELOADING section as well as the reloading sections on www.brianenos.com in the 9mm section and www.glocktalk.com reloading (be prepared for mocking).
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:39:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CBR900:
Considering the number of posts you have, I doubt you are a Brady or DU troll. Pictures of such things may be found on our own excellent RELOADING section as well as the reloading sections on www.brianenos.com in the 9mm section and www.glocktalk.com reloading (be prepared for mocking).

cool Ill go look there.....

as to why...well I did a trigger job on my PX4 storm and I haven't shot it yet other than brass with primers only three times and the primers look like they are barely getting struck just enough to set off the primer...so I wanted some brass fire from other 9mm to compare too....DA is preferable but not really needed....BURN
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 4:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2007 4:09:07 PM EDT by BURN]
looked could not find pics...someone please help

ETA a link to a pic would be fine too
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:14:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WesDesRat:
Do you work for Glock? Maryland? FBI?

<adjusts tinfoil>

you forgot BATFE
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:39:22 PM EDT
now with crappy pic

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:46:43 PM EDT
That doesn't look too bad, does your camera have a macro setting? Something that's not straight on to give a little depth to the primer strike would help, but that doesn't look any deeper than a Baretta 92/M9 strike.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:48:02 PM EDT
glock 19

springfield 1911a1

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:49:30 PM EDT
thank you
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:49:33 PM EDT

[ cool Ill go look there.....

as to why...well I did a trigger job on my PX4 storm and I haven't shot it yet other than brass with primers only three times and the primers look like they are barely getting struck just enough to set off the primer...so I wanted some brass fire from other 9mm to compare too....DA is preferable but not really needed....BURN

Do you mean you fired primed brass without powder/bullet. If so, it's going to be difficult to interpret anything due to light or nonexistant pressure acting on the primer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:54:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ampn:

[ cool Ill go look there.....

Do you mean you fired primed brass without powder/bullet. If so, it's going to be difficult to interpret anything due to light or nonexistant pressure acting on the primer.

yes on factory ammo with the bullets pulled.....it will let me know if the hammer is hitting the firing pin strong enough....
Top Top