Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 9:55:05 PM EDT
On this board there was talk about California was trying too make its own ATF like agency, but my question is why would california need a ATF agency why couldn't the ATF do the duty, maaybe too much of a workload for all the laws, LOL?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess that Cali want's to control all bar-b-q's in their state.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
To point out the most simplest of facts... The BATF is a tax collection branch of the IRS. The current version, in the words of The Beekeeper, "a tax collection agency gone mad", is responsible only to collect tax. It is not responsible to enforce law. What sort of agency California creates is first California's business, but the rest of the nation will be watching, because to quote Grimshaw from the supper table, as he looks out at his children.... "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.."
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought BATF was to control alchohol, tobacco and firearms?? if not who enforces these laws?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought BATF was to control alchohol, tobacco and firearms?? if not who enforces these laws?
View Quote

Not Me !!!!!

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Because to statists, "a good idea is a good idea!" and you can never have too many government thugs to threaten the people and keep them in line.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top