Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2007 8:43:18 PM EDT
i cant help but notice just how racist the show is. why are the suspects always Hispanic or African American? i can only remember one episode where a caucasion male was the suspect...
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:43:50 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:46:13 PM EDT
everytime i watch "the first 48" .........I'm reminded it is best to stay out of Memphis.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:47:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fike:
everytime i watch "the first 48" .........I'm reminded it is best to stay out of Memphis.

And the Pork and Beans neighborhood in Miami.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:48:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fike:

they go to various cities.

i do think its a great show, much better than Dallas SWAT...

i wish i could see the episodes ive missed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:48:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By builttoughf250:
i cant help but notice just how racist the show is. why are the suspects always Hispanic or African American? i can only remember one episode where a caucasion male was the suspect...

Yeah! Could we please get some white people out there, representin'? We need to level the playing field, and have equal opportunity!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:49:07 PM EDT
The only white people I've seen on that show were always gay.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:50:36 PM EDT
I love watching Caroline Mason in Memphis - she has a way of getting them to talk, and with a certain attitude.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:52:54 PM EDT
I could never get into that show. For me, its the first 48 seconds, then <click>
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:54:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rcoers:
I love watching Caroline Mason in Memphis - she has a way of getting them to talk, and with a certain attitude.

shes always doing her hair and makeup....
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:55:42 PM EDT

So what. She also gets a lot of murderers to confess to their crimes as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:57:33 PM EDT

So what. She also gets a lot of murderers to confess to their crimes as well.

just saying

she is good at her job, ill give her that. but she always does it before a warrant- its kinda funny
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:00:20 PM EDT

Yes but many of the detectives are racially diverse. The show goes where they have lots of murders. I don't really see it as racist, just sad that people are getting killed over stupid things.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:01:30 PM EDT

i cant help but notice just how racist the show is. why are the suspects always Hispanic or African American?

Probably because in our quest to diversify the WASP has become a minority.

I know this to be true in Miami.

HS1
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:23:43 AM EDT
I am amazed at the number of suspects that willingly admit to thier crimes.

Well, on second thought, if they were smart, they wouldn't be in the police interveiw room....
Top Top