Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2007 8:43:18 PM EDT
i cant help but notice just how racist the show is.  why are the suspects always Hispanic or African American? i can only remember one episode where a caucasion male was the suspect...
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
everytime i watch "the first 48" .........I'm reminded it is best to stay out of Memphis.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
everytime i watch "the first 48" .........I'm reminded it is best to stay out of Memphis.

And the Pork and Beans neighborhood in Miami.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

they go to various cities.

i do think its a great show, much better than Dallas SWAT...

i wish i could see the episodes ive missed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i cant help but notice just how racist the show is.  why are the suspects always Hispanic or African American? i can only remember one episode where a caucasion male was the suspect...

Yeah!  Could we please get some white people out there, representin'?  We need to level the playing field, and have equal opportunity!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The only white people I've seen on that show were always gay.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I love watching Caroline Mason in Memphis - she has a way of getting them to talk, and with a certain attitude.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I could never get into that show.  For me, its the first 48 seconds, then <click>  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love watching Caroline Mason in Memphis - she has a way of getting them to talk, and with a certain attitude.

shes always doing her hair and makeup....
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what. She also gets a lot of murderers to confess to their crimes as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what. She also gets a lot of murderers to confess to their crimes as well.

just saying

she is good at her job, ill give her that. but she always does it before a warrant- its kinda funny
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes but many of the detectives are racially diverse. The show goes where they have lots of murders. I don't really see it as racist, just sad that people are getting killed over stupid things.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i cant help but notice just how racist the show is.  why are the suspects always Hispanic or African American?

Probably because in our quest to diversify the WASP has become a minority.

I know this to be true in Miami.

HS1
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:23:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I am amazed at the number of suspects that willingly admit to thier crimes.

Well, on second thought, if they were smart, they wouldn't be in the police interveiw room....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top