Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2005 10:23:38 AM EDT
1 time i was at the gym, and this guy walks past, and

WOOWWW.. my eyes were burning.... it just lingured.. my god, cant they smell them selves?

the other day i was at circutcity, returing some crap, and i walked up to the line and was like... HOLY CHIT!>> i had to back up 10ft, this guys smelled like he had been sheeting him self all week, then wiping his ass with his hands, then useing it to do his hair..

WTF!... and he had a work outfit on...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG like yeah hehe LOLWTFBBQ.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, yeah.  The worst is when you're talking to them and they had coffee that morning and a tuna sub for lunch, and it's about 4 hours after all that.  CHOKE.

And for exactly that reason, I keep Tic Tacs in my car.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
every fucking day.

I come into contact with a guy from Romania that does a lot of recording on monkeys (long story and most of you louts won't understand, God knows I don't and don't want to). I think this dude has no idea what a shower or bathtub are, much less a bar of deoderant. He wears the same fucking suit every day for a week some times.

and I thought monkeys stink bad
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I've actually been behind a car that stunk - thought I hit something (skunk or "ripe" road pizza) but as soon as I got past them, *presto* no more stink. I dread thinking what the inside of that car smelled like...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Everytime I go to a gunshow,I think that instead of stamping your hand they should give everyone a shot of deoderant
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I did a tour in the Middle East.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Or even worse is when they try to talk to you and their breath smells like dog shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
there is a guy like this in our office

He musk not use deodorant bathe
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Every day.  I can handle the body odor though  It's the people with that "rotting meat" smell on their breath becuase their gums and teeth are decaying from neglect.
Ever ask a victim to come outside and talk because her breath made your eyes water from 5 feet away?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#9]
You should smell little arabia around here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]
As a matter of fact, this happened to me just yesterday in the breakfast area of the hotel I was staying at.

SOB walked by and practically took the damned paint off the walls. Kept stopping at every table looking for "Dave". Damned stench lingered like a wet blanket.

FUCKING PIG!

All I can conclude is that they've burned out their own noses!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#11]
One word...
France.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]
* Once flew from New York to Detroit seated next to some Indian guys (like, FOTB from India). They were... Pungent...

* I worked at a fish market once and this guy that worked there for a few months would wear his fish-room clothes home and then back to work all week long. Even in the summer. We could smell the guy from over an arm's length. The guy was a little nuts.

* Once played hockey with a guy (goaltender for the other team) who's goalie pads smelled so bad we could smell him from outside the blueline. We called his smell "the third defenseman". And being the guy who's job it is to stand in front of the goalie and try to screen him, I got more than a noseful of that guy.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Kept stopping at every table looking for "Dave".

"Dave's not here right now man"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I could manage was, "No". I was trying to retain as much reasonably clean air in my lungs as possible so as not to inhale. Unfortunately, it lingered far longer than my ability to hold my breath.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Everytime this one guy comes into the bar i hang out at.  There could be 75 people around the bar and when he comes in everyone moves about 10 feet away from him.  Funny as hell.  I told the owner to kick him out because he smells and dosen't buy beer or anything.  He just takes all his loose quaters and plays the video poker mechine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#16]
French body odor has nothing on the way Kurds smell.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We called his smell "the third defenseman".

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I had the unpleaseant experience despite my best efforts, of crossing paths with a couple middle easterners in a grocery store earlier this year. I dodged, I zigged, I tried everything to avoid the general area that those two had been in, but to no avail. They contaminated a 10 to 15 foot wide path with a biological warefare agent that lingered for 5 to 7 minutes after they moved on. I won't exagerate and say that my fellow shoppers were falling down, but there were turning green.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#21]
As someone who used to travel quite a bit, I often found myself in a Barnes & Noble at my destination, picking up a gun rag for hotel reading. B&N's are so filled with liberal, anti capitalist, nanny types, that they would never consider asking some local street bum to leave for bothering the paying customers, just because they smell bad (I mean, cmon-just because they have books in them doesn't really mean they're the same as a public libraray, open to all who enter). I've been in a few that had some people in there that smelled like the reptile house at the zoo. Uughh.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Are we talking halotosis or bodytosis? I think it is worse with halotosis, they can get REAL close to and then TALK to you - to late to run. You vomit you lose!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, and they're almost always of a certain ethnicity that will remain un-named.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I worked with a guy who smelled. Poor guy. He would show up freshly showered and smelling fine. But, within a couple hours he would smell so bad, that no one wanted to be near him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Used to see "Carl", a double amputee in a wheelchair, at local c-stores. I swear he smelled like he was rotting and the odor was so pungent you could almost see the fumes coming off this fucker.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Just about every gun show.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I work overseas in Angola, Africa. You haven't smelled BO until you get a whiff of some of the locals.
Many of them have to haul water to their house so a bath is a luxury.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm sure it has to be like this at most universities, but here is my experience 20 years ago.

I'm in the library and am walking down one of the smaller aisles, looking for a book.  I come out into the main aisle, and the smell is unbelievable.  There was no one around, I guess whoever it was had passed by at least 5-10 minutes earlier, and had left a FUNK TRAIL behind them.

Unbelievable was the only way to describe it.  Not like someone had farted, but more like someone had died and been rotting in the aisle for a few days.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Pool hall in my town has a guy that stinks so bad that when he goes home it still smells for a few days later. if you sit in a chair that he sat in you start stinking. I unloaded a double barrel of air freshiners in there and it didn't work.
HIS FRIEND SAYS THE SMELL IS FROM HIS ASS. I GUESS, HE'S SO FAT HE CAN'T WIPE HIS ASS TO CLEAN.Can't reach!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I work with someone that bathes maybe twice a month. The guy weighs around 400 pounds and is NASTY. I mean when he walks up to you you can actually taste the funk. I have almost puked several times when talking to him. He has a layer of cheezy substance on the back of his neck. PUKE. He gets grimy at work and he will still be sporting grease and wearing the same clothes for the next couple of weeks.

The guy has been called into the office several times over the past three years and told by the human resources lady and the plant manager to clean up. Talk about embarassing. He will be clean for a couple of weeks then gradually be funky again. He used to be in the same dept as I but thankfully he is in another dept now.

I don't understand how someone can be so lazy as to not bathe or change their clothes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Sure, I worked with the homeless and you can smell some of them before you see them.  When their hair is moving, it isn't hair.  It's lice.  

The Germans have a cure.  Flammenwerfer.  A short burst with one of these and they're sanitized for good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#34]
In the spirit of this thread, a few years back went to get my driver's license renewed (in Erie, in winter, long story) - anyway, you sit in front of this blue background and they take your picture... only problem is there was a HALO OF GREASE on the background from people with "big" (and apparantly unwashed) hair...

you could see me wincing in the DL photo...

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I used to be a Loadmaster in Navy C-130's, actually the LC-130F/R ski equipped Hercs.
We used to drop off and pick up science parties from science camps out on the polar plateau.

These guys would be weight limited so they had maybe three changes of clothing and all of the water they used had to be melted from the snow.

A lot of these guys (and girls too) would forgo any bathing for the three or so months they were out on the ice.

When we would go pick them up their funk would be enclosed inside of their parkas.

Once on board the Herc they would remove their parkas and FUCK!! The funky stench!!

I would call the Flight Engineer up or else just go hit up the AC panel to shut off the under floor heat and to turn up the air conditioning in the back so they would put their parkas back on!!  

But I too have smelled worse funk at gunshows.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yeah, and they're almost always of a certain ethnicity that will remain un-named.

White people?   They are the worst smelling street people bar none. Even the Mexicans bathe in a creek.

I had a guy so bad MICE were living in his clothing.   Scared the heck out of the booking officer.

Another  was using plastic garbage bags for socks.  When he peeled them off the skin came with it.  We all  ran for the parking garage.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#37]
one word:

Dearborne.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#38]
I worked in a correctional facility for over four years.  Besides the usual dregs of society who come in with lice, crotch rot, foot fungus and other general nastiness, our administration contracts with Immigration to house their detainees.  So when they round up the illegal migrant workers and bring about thirty or so of them, the booking area positively reeks.  One time, we had taken all their clothes and made them shower.  Their clothes were put into clear plastic bags.  The next morning there were roaches crawling out of the bags their clothes were in.  The only clothes in these bags were the ones they were wearing when they came in.  How disgusting is that?  Talk about filth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#40]
The worst is somebody who not only stinks like rotting meat, but tries to cover it up with a gallon or three of perfume.

I worked with a lady that had a bit of a pong to her, but what really killed me was the fact that she wore enough perfume that I could smell it from OUTSIDE THE BUILDING! When the wind was right, I could tell if she was in the building from the parking lot 150 yards away. It way horrible.

The perfume stench was impregnated into everything. The chairs, the desks, the phones. Hell the inside of my boots smelled like whatever cheap Walmart chemical death she wore.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#41]
There's this one guy at the gym where I used to work out.  He looks like a nice guy.  He's about 6' tall, 180 lbs, fairly well muscled but not a lot of definition.

He wears the SAME pair of red and blue And1 shorts to the gym EVERY DAY.  This is when I used to go 5x per week ... it's the SAME pair of shorts.  

Come on ... you can pony up $40/mo to buy a gym membership but you can't shell out $10 for another pair of Champion gym shorts?  

[eta:  Post #870 for you Remington freaks ]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
ETA:  Crap, wasted post 4k on stinky man.

I've never remembered any of my 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k etc posts.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Bad: One guy in my college gym, Indian, after he works out, the whole area still smells like ass/ stale feces.
Worse: One time someone used a canister from Whey protein powder to pour water on the stones in my  gym's sauna. The little residue that was left in the canister, well, filled the entire lockerroom with a smoke that smelled BAD. Not quite as bad as the contents of a digestive system, but one guy still vomited. The 'worse' part of it? The smell lingered for a couple of days on everything in there, until it finally aired out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#44]
When I was going to college in the 1980's I sat across the isle from a guy who was rotten. This fellow smelled like underarms and rear end odor, just sour! One day after classes he caught me in the parking lot , said his car would not start , could I give him a ride.

I gave him a ride home, his smell lingered in my car for several days.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Circa 1965: I almost forgot Leonard, William Leonard - From St. Bridgets Grammar School. Leonard was a robust vertically enhanced everyday fellow high schooler who fucking STUNK!!! One day the gym teacher - certainly accustom to concentrated locker room stink, noticed how dirty he was in addition. "Son, smelling you is one thing seeing the dirt just won't do". Sends him of to the showers with??? --- A Brush and soap.  Leonard comes back still dirty, teacher send him of with 3 football players and a BRILLO pad, that's right a B R i L L o PAD!!! He came back cleaner - stayed out next 3 days. After Freshman year he wasn't in my home class any more so I didn't care what the f*ck happened to him. (Some body who knew him said he came from a divorced home, we said, there's no soap in divorced homes?)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Ever tried to have a face-to-face conversation with a brewmaster?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I did a tour in the Middle East.  

I don't know what it is, maybe its part of their religon or whatever, but I seem to run accross more middle eastern people that stink than others. But MY GOD its horrible!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Speaking of Brewmeister...

Years ago I was dating this woman, we broke up for some idiotic reason, but I digress. One day in the winter she stops to say hello and lowers her window. I still had the hots for her and put my head in through the window to give her a "friend" kiss on the cheek. As I'm pulling my head back out I comment, "Wow that bread smells hot and delicious. Where'd you buy it"? "Bread," she says. "Yes". "Oh my that's not bread. You smell bread?" "Yes", I say again. She laughs embarassingly, "That's not bread, that's my yeast infection. This is the worse I've ever had." "Oh, I gotta go". - No wonder it was a tasty burger.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
one word:

Dearborne.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Here are a few replies that are along the same line.www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=342726
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top