Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 11:07:20 PM EDT
link

Hi-Point 9MM compact
Posted by Anonymous on 2004-02-18 15:30:41
My Score:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too own a Hi-Point 9mm Compact. I own several other auto''s and bought the Hi-Point as a "truck gun". I''ve put well over 1000 rounds through it, and I agree with the comments that once the magazines have been used several times the gun functions very reliably. I was a bit hesitant to field strip it - how many guns require you to use a punch and mallet - but it wasn''t hard at all. It''s not the prettiest gun you''ll ever see, the barrel is stout, the weight is high, hey it''s kinda like shooting a brick. But you end up shooting, the gun works. Biggest beef I ever had was the factory magazines - I have had great experience with aftermarket Promags though, and with the plastic finger rest gone it is even easier in concealment (though this is not an ideal concealed carry gun - the Fobus paddle holster for it is quite comfortable). Well worth the low cost!

Not a Glock 17, but you can buy 4 of these for the price of a Glock!

if promags function better than factory mags you have a problem
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
link

Hi-Point 9MM compact
Posted by Anonymous on 2004-02-18 15:30:41
My Score:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too own a Hi-Point 9mm Compact. I own several other auto''s and bought the Hi-Point as a "truck gun". I''ve put well over 1000 rounds through it, and I agree with the comments that once the magazines have been used several times the gun functions very reliably. I was a bit hesitant to field strip it - how many guns require you to use a punch and mallet - but it wasn''t hard at all. It''s not the prettiest gun you''ll ever see, the barrel is stout, the weight is high, hey it''s kinda like shooting a brick. But you end up shooting, the gun works. Biggest beef I ever had was the factory magazines - I have had great experience with aftermarket Promags though, and with the plastic finger rest gone it is even easier in concealment (though this is not an ideal concealed carry gun - the Fobus paddle holster for it is quite comfortable). Well worth the low cost!

Not a Glock 17, but you can buy 4 of these for the price of a Glock!

if promags function better than factory mags you have a problem

Many of the guys on the cz forum say that promags function better than the factories.  But they also say that promags usually suck, but for some reason happen to work well with the CZ's.. who knows.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The low-point's iron sights became loose one day at the shooting range. Finally the iron sight fell off and the heat-shield on top of the barrel also fell off.   Had to go beg for an allen-key.   Proud to be an American.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
bump for the day crew
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a friend who's trying to sell me his hi-point 9mm carbine for $100. I'm tempted, but I think I'd rather get an SU-16 or CZ-75B this summer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got a friend who's trying to sell me his hi-point 9mm carbine for $100. I'm tempted, but I think I'd rather get an SU-16 or CZ-75B this summer.

I had a hi point carbine - and man it was something else.

First shot I put through it, the internals collapsed.  I sent it back to hipoint who basically rebuilt the gun.  The hammer, disconnector, firing pin - all had to be replaced.  Gun was virtually useless.  They have a lifetime warranty, but it was the biggest POS I ever shot.

I know someone who loves their's and shoot it often.  Go figure.  $100 isn't bad.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I shot some kind of hi-point carbine the other day.  It was a 9mm with a red dot on it, and it functioned alright out to 25 yards.  It kicked like a mule.  That damn thing had my cheek and shoulder hurting for about 3 hours.  I only fired 10 rounds.  It weighed nothing and was very how we say, rudimentary.  That should read, about as advanced as a block of wood with a barrel.  Not impressed.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#7]
my favorite the gun show jerky selling seal.

Hi-Point 9MM compact
Posted by Anonymous on 2003-05-10 02:04:44
My Score:

Im a Former Seal I thought this 9mm is a Joke because of what others had said and the price told be this has to be a toy gun wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a Glock I own But for 130 Bucks what the hell. I have shot 1000 rounds through it with no Problems I love my glock But like I said I should''nt have prejudged such a gun as the cheap 9mm :) Hi-point :) I use it when im in the mountains with my wife Hiking in the deep woods for saftey, and the side Holster works out great for me. I say if your short on cash get it!!!!!!worth it you can always get another expensive glock or gun of your choice when you get enough green. Take care Godbless

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a hi point carbine - and man it was something else.

First shot I put through it, the internals collapsed.  I sent it back to hipoint who basically rebuilt the gun.  The hammer, disconnector, firing pin - all had to be replaced.  Gun was virtually useless.  They have a lifetime warranty, but it was the biggest POS I ever shot.

I know someone who loves their's and shoot it often.  Go figure.  $100 isn't bad.

My highpoint carbine works like a charm!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top