Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 11:33:38 AM EDT
I like to get up early and run or do cardio, only thing is I would like something to give me a boost.

any good ones?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Before my long run on Sunday mornings, I have a couple of cups of coffee but no more.  It's kind of like a little is good but any more would be bad.  Be careful whatever you do.

Why don't you try posting this in the Self Defense & Fitness forum?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Caffeine, more specifically than coffee, can help you lose fat.  Cyclists use this to trick their body into burning fat more readily.

Otherwise, it's fairly well accepted that typical sports drinks are better absorbed at about 50-50 dilution with water.  They won't taste as sweet but will work better.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#3]
90% of the time, day or night, I'm never more than 6 feet away from a can of Red Bull (full, partially full, or empty).

I absolutley have to have something in me for my morning work outs, Meal Replacement Shakes (fruit smoothies, Myoplex, etc) are a good source of carbs and protein.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#4]
6-8 oz of coffee before morning runs...8oz of red bull or similar before afternoon lifts/rns...It's proven that caffeine increases your ablity perform cardiovascular activities.

But don't over do it....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Too much caffeine=heart murmors.  Drink a sixpack of red bull shiat and carry an AED  with you.

http://www.medical.philips.com/main/products/resuscitation/index2.html?ppc=Google
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top