Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 4:08:49 PM EDT
I got two nasty ass messages on my office line after work hours last week from this lady.
This lady told me a couple of my guys ripped off her digital camcorder an went on a tirade on  shit like what's my policy when my employees rip off the customers how much insurance do we have are my guys bonded and things like that in a real shitty demeanor.
I treat my guys first rate for non-union outfit.
They get paid vacations,holidays,birthdays,up to triple time and a half under the right situation and I even throw in maternity leave for the week after they get a new born (hey...some one gave it to me).
I always guilty of leaving a small bank roll on my desk and it's never gone or short.
I aint a patsy for a boss niether.I'll hard ball a slow project and fire at a hint of a bad attitude,but if you take care of me I'll look after you.
So I tell the guys what this bitch said.
I didn't accuse them,but watched their reaction and it was good enough for me and told them she could piss up a rope.
My wife just called her to schedule the remainder of the contract and the lady said "oh guess what we found to camcorder with an unworthy appology
My wife thinks we should finish this job.
She even wants to send out the same guys (girls are stupid about these things)
We were paid up front and I think we need to pro-rate the deal give back a bit and nicely ask her to never call again.
I'm now accused of being a hot head around here.
Finish the job or not?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Finish the job you were paid to do.  You are letting your feelings get involved.  After you finish the job ask the lady for a recommendation....then an apology.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Finish the job, it was agreed to, and paid for.

Send those exact same guys out there, unless they don't wanna go.

Nice job keeping your cool with your employees.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
finish the job,if you don't she will tell possible future costumers that you didn't finish the job you where paid for,minus the reason and false accusations.
after you are finish with the job see if you can get a recommendation and move on!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Finish the job and before you leave piss in one of the central air registers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad was pretty high up in Terminex before he retired. He told me a story once where a man and woman called the cops and had one of the pest control field guys arrested for stealing a rifle or shotgun (can't remember) off of a wall rack by their bed when he was spraying the house. Turns out the gun fell off the rack and was laying on the floor behind the bed.

If it were me I'd burn the house down. [:D]

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
As much as it pains me I need to stand behind my word.
As far as the job,it was actually five completely different jobs and 4 were completed in a proffesional manner.The fifth job had not been started and I thought I would just refund the agreed amount.
If I didn't complete the job... as said earlier she might omit a few things when speaking to others and I do care about my reputation.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Finish the job.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Mechandy
    I would be as ticked as you are.  In short this “lady” called into question the integrity of YOUR company.  While I would not walk on the job… I would however offer to pro-rate it and bail or she could have the two “accused” workers finish the job that they started.  Either way I would also let her know without a shadow of a doubt where I stood on this ordeal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Now send the other guys, go with them, and ask for an apology while all four of you are together.
If all goes well; it's over and everybody's OK.

If not; stay and monitor (if feasible) to protect your guys and your reputation.  If she does apologize decently, no hard feelings.  If not, tell her never call you again.

Back your guys; get the apology.  It's the right thing to do, and they'll walk through the fire for you next time there is a problem.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Finish the job, and make sure you give her contact info to your favorite competitor...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Send the same guys to finish the job.  Clue them ahead of time to demand an apology BEFORE they will work.  Accept prorated settlement if she won't apologize.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
finish the job,if you don't she will tell possible future costumers that you didn't finish the job you where paid for,minus the reason and false accusations.
View Quote

Best Answer.
sucks, though, not nearly as satisfying as 'go to hell!', but you do what you gotta do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#16]
finish it....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]
You don't want to finish a job, complete a contract for which you took payment in advance because a customer acted like an asshole? How long have you been in business? You don't know that people in general are demanding to the point of being irrational? That's just part of the service industry. Get used to it. Be the better man. Finish the job. Make sure they do a good job. Dissatisfied customers tell a lot of people.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#18]
This surely isn't the first stupid person with whom you have come in contact.

You should have a polite conversation with the lady and make sure she knows you had to question your employees because of her mistake. Show great concern and give her the chance to tell you how sorry she is.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd say, finish the job out. I would do two things though. 1) I'd be present throughout the entire rest of the work, I'd explain in advance to my guys that this was to protect them from any future claims, and to the 'lady' that I wanted to make sure that the work was up to standards.(and both would be true) 2) I'd hand my crew a bonus in cash at the end of each day as compensation for dealing with this....

I think that you owe it to your reputation to insure that she gets the best job your crew can do...Your guys deserve to walk away knowing that they rose above this and STILL did a 1st rate job also.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Finish it. Make sure she is there when you and the accused men show up. Demand an apology, and to add insult to injury....videotape it with an identical camcorder.[;D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Send the same guys to finish the job.  Clue them ahead of time to demand an apology BEFORE they will work.  Accept prorated settlement if she won't apologize.
View Quote

Dead on the money.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top