Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:47:30 AM EDT
Is it possible to determine all the different email addresses that a particular website/domain can accept?  I need to find out the email address of some administrative types at a company that I am having an issue with.

Thanks

Fish
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There are brute force programs out there that will do exactly that but it't not ethical.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There are brute force programs out there that will do exactly that but it't not ethical.

Not ethical?

I'm not sure I care if it is rude to send an email to someone because I can't resolve a problem with a company, and the honchos are being protected by the underlings.

If it is illegal, that is another story entirely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]

If you have an existing email address for someone at that company, you can do some online searches with the domain (@abcd.efg) only to see if other email addresses pop up.

If you can tell what rule the company uses to create an email address (first initial, then first five of last name, or whatever) you can extrapolate to the email address of any employee whose name is known.

You can look up trade groups and organizations, to try and find mailing lists.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I sent a few based on name format, and nothing bounced back yet, so maybe one or two will get to someone who may count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top