Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 9:12:22 AM EST
www.electoral-vote.com/

Those that have been following his selective use of D-favorable polling results have already noted it, but here it is in his own words - www.electoral-vote.com/info/votemaster-faq.html

My name is Andrew Tanenbaum. I am one of the 7 million U.S. citizens living abroad. I am a professor of computer science at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
...Let me tell you a short story. When I was in elementary school, the school was plagued by a bully. He was the biggest, strongest kid around and would beat up anyone he didn't like. We were all exceedingly polite to his face, but hated his guts behind his back. One day he was chasing some poor kid and he tripped and skidded a considerable distance, scraping his face on the rough asphalt of the playground. He was bleeding and in pain, screaming for help. But nobody came to help him. We all just walked away. George Bush is the world's playground bully. The world sees him--and by inference, America--as arrogant, self-centered, and mean. I spoke to Americans from dozens of countries at the DA caucus. Everyone told the same story--the world hates America. When talking to foreigners, I can tell them about the Bill of Rights or freedom or World War II, or whatever I want, but all they see is this big, stupid, arrogant, playground bully and a stolen election in Florida last time. I think America deserves better. I want America to be respected in the world again, and John Kerry can restore the respect America deserves.

Sumbitch ex-Pat in the Netherlands, shilling for his candidate.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:16:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:19:02 AM EST by phatmax]
More proof that liberals see the world as children do.

No, let me change that.

ETA

More proof that liberals have the mentality of children when discussing or opining about important adult issues. More reason that they should not be allowed to influence ANYTHING that grown-ups have to deal with.

Playground bullies and schoolchildren have NOT A THING to do with bullets, bombs, fanatics and death.

Fuckers
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:17:23 AM EST
dupe
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:24:08 AM EST
Huh. Tanenbaum is pretty famous in computer science circles. Does a lot of work in operating systems. Apparently he's an assclown when it comes to politics.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:26:23 AM EST

My name is Andrew Tanenbaum. I am one of the 7 million U.S. citizens living abroad. I am a professor of computer science at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
...Let me tell you a short story. When I was in elementary school, the school was plagued by a bully. He was the biggest, strongest kid around and would beat up anyone he didn't like. We were all exceedingly polite to his face, but hated his guts behind his back. One day he was chasing some poor kid and he tripped and skidded a considerable distance, scraping his face on the rough asphalt of the playground. He was bleeding and in pain, screaming for help. But nobody came to help him. We all just walked away. George Bush is the world's playground bully. The world sees him--and by inference, America--as arrogant, self-centered, and mean. I spoke to Americans from dozens of countries at the DA caucus. Everyone told the same story--the world hates America. When talking to foreigners, I can tell them about the Bill of Rights or freedom or World War II, or whatever I want, but all they see is this big, stupid, arrogant, playground bully and a stolen election in Florida last time. I think America deserves better. I want America to be respected in the world again, and John Kerry can restore the respect America deserves.

The playground bully? Does the playground bully stand up for the weak and helpless like we did in Kuwait, Afghanistan, Somolia, and Kosovo? Does the playground bully jump in on the side of the weak and oppresssed at the risk of getting himself hurt by doing so?

Why is the United States the playground bully? Because we injected ourself into the 2o year old civil war in Afghanistan that had claimed 70% of the male population, and ended the fighting? Or is it because we invaded a state sponsor of terror that was run by a brutal dictator who murdered 1,000,000 of his own people and tortured countless millions more? Are we the playground bully because we exposed the do-badders on the playground who were selling weapons to the tyranical dictator of Iraq?

No good deed goes unpunished. The europeans have no memory. We should have left them to Adolf Hitler!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:29:51 AM EST
yeah, and the billions of dollars in foreign aid we send every year...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:32:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
dupe

I missed the original. Thanks man. WHAT a POS.

FU*K these people! You don't like the way things are here? Great. Sit there in Amsterdam and eat your cream-of-hash soup and oh,....by the way.....STFU
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:34:29 AM EST
Had to buy one of his books for a class last year.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:34:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By mcgredo:
Huh. Tanenbaum is pretty famous in computer science circles. Does a lot of work in operating systems. Apparently he's an assclown when it comes to politics.

he's kind of an assclown there as well.

he's still pissed off that monolithic kernels are the way of things and his micro kernel idea never caught on.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:36:17 AM EST
Must be the Dutch influence...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:41:32 AM EST
He is an assclown. And here's a pic.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:41:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:42:07 AM EST by Brohawk]

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

The playground bully? Does the playground bully stand up for the weak and helpless like we did in Kuwait, Afghanistan, Somolia, and Kosovo? Does the playground bully jump in on the side of the weak and oppresssed at the risk of getting himself hurt by doing so?

Why is the United States the playground bully? Because we injected ourself into the 2o year old civil war in Afghanistan that had claimed 70% of the male population, and ended the fighting? Or is it because we invaded a state sponsor of terror that was run by a brutal dictator who murdered 1,000,000 of his own people and tortured countless millions more? Are we the playground bully because we exposed the do-badders on the playground who were selling weapons to the tyranical dictator of Iraq?

No good deed goes unpunished. The europeans have no memory. We should have left them to Adolf Hitler!

Good points.

This situation shows the classic disconnect between a liberal's opinion and reality.

People talk about "American imperialism", but there is no American empire.

We have made allies of defeated enemies, but do not dominate them the way the USSR did with the eastern European countries.

America is good. These folks just need to come to grips with that facts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:48:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas:

www.computable.nl/artikels/archief3/pictures/f338301.jpg

He even looks like a liberal idiot.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:48:42 AM EST
Sheeze... you couldn't tell that guy was a flaming lib just by reading what he wrote before?

He made it sound painful every time he HAD to post something in the favor of Republicans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:51:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:52:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

I don't think you can "look" like a liberal... well, at least, without being pictured weighing in at 350LBS standing in an unemployment line, that or being an overweight woman dressed in plaid with a buzz-cut.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:53:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By PigGuy:

I don't think you can "look" like a liberal... well, at least, without being pictured weighing in at 350LBS standing in an unemployment line, that or being an overweight woman dressed in plaid with a buzz-cut.

Like Michael Moore in drag?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:00:56 AM EST
He's a computer geek so traumatized in gradeschool that he sees a playground bully whereever he looks. He moves out the country (which was filled with bullys) and finally tries to stand up to a bully, from 8,000 miles away.

I'm thinking anyone who wears pants is considered a bully by this guy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:05:32 AM EST
America... Fuck YEAH!!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:07:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas:

www.computable.nl/artikels/archief3/pictures/f338301.jpg

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:11:40 AM EST
Just another pot smoking faggot from Amsterdam.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:17:49 AM EST
and it's called a "Roy-al with cheese".
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:22:54 AM EST
Tannenbaum needs some tannerite up the ass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:30:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 10:33:47 AM EST by nightstalker]
We're not the playground bully, we're the playground Leviathan.

Saddam and Uday and Qusay, now they were right nice guys and that Mullah Omar, he only killed his own people too....well maybe Saddam killed a few Kuwaitis but he claimed they were like a renegade province so he's got the right to reign them in just like China has the right to take back Taiwan.

Maybe this guy's being swayed by the increasing number of muslims in Northern Europe. Malmo, Sweden, home of ABBA and IKEA is already majority muslim.

Oh, and congratulations Andrew, on living abroad. The air here smells a lot better.
Top Top