Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 9:34:03 PM EDT
well not really..
its just that ive been looking for an old speaker I havent seen in years...< Back when sub were underrated instead of over rated like todays carp!> then right when I have no cash it pops up for 50 bucks.. Hell id pay 75-100 if I had it but im broke !!!!
[owned]
[stick]

[>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
And the URL is?

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1364811065[/url]

Anyone wana buy it for me[:d].. j/k

If anyone is looking for a good sub.. this is it.. I had 4 of these in highschool.. in the trunk of a 64 chevy Impala ..[;)]

I replaced 3 amps but these things took every thing I put thru them...

If my car hadnt been stolen while I was at MCRD <'94>,, Id still have the damn things...

edited to add... this is what you want if you want to be [b]FELT[/b] before you are seen coming down the block ..

todays top of the line crap will fry if you get anywhere near the rated wattage..

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

todays top of the line crap will fry if you get anywhere near the rated wattage..

View Quote

Thats just not true, I dont know what you think top of the line is, instead of buying that old peice of junk try buying a new Eclipse Titanium or Infinity Perfect, or even a new Rockford Fosgate, I think you would be very impressed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
well ok ... top of the middle of the line..[:d]

I would be plenty happy with that old piece of junk..

tried an infinty perfect... blown in 2 weeks.
took it in for warrenty work..
replacement lasted a month.. over priced pretty junk.

Eclipse Titanium :  what 3-4 [b]hundred[/b] on a sub.... no dont think so..

new rockford?

why when the old stuf is much better...
seen to many get fried...

hell my perfect system:
4 of these subs wired in series making a 1 ohm load  into a punch 150 .
ported box tuned to 34Hz

It will take a lot of cash to  beat that simple little setup..
thats what I liked about it.

Will it win comps? no
will you beat me? yup < but only if out spend the $hit out of me>

will it out do your 400 sub.. yup[:d]
but my complete system will cost less then your single Eclispe..

cluster

also ..
Back to reality..
Simply cant aford  the pretty over priced sissy subs, so this will do. [;)]

edited to add series parell one of those..

and if I cant aford this one I surly cant afford an eclipse [:d]
rather buy an AR kit..[beer]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive got 2 Infinity perfects, of course I didnt pay the $350 retail, I got them for $150 a piece on ebay, and Ive pushed the hell out of them without any problems, Ive got a Phoenix Gold ZX600 running to them at 4ohms, (They are single voice coils, and I havent taken the time to run them at 2 yet), Ive got them running through a capacitor, and they hit 140db, for well under $1000

Of course its not all bass, IVe got Infinity 6x9's in back and 6-1/2"s in the doors and 1-1/2" super tweeters in front, pushed by another amp.

Just felt like sharing...

anyway, just wait till the auction is about to end, and if no one bids on it you can get it for $25.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#6]
nice setup there..

yeah i'll admit back in high school. MIds and high werent a priority.

An orion digital referance 2125 brigded is what killed the infinity.

Currently have a full size 95 ford.. so my options are limited due to lack of space for air volume..
I figured one 12" would make me happy..

any suggestions that would sound good in a very small space.?

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Eclipse Titanium :  what 3-4 hundred on a sub.... no dont think so..
View Quote

The metal cones are just a gimmick.  Look at the top non-metal Eclipse subs.  The specs on them are much better than their Ti or Al subs.  You have to run the numbers through some equations, but you'll find that the frequency response is better than with the much more expensive subs.  They're also more sensitive, so you'll get more sound given the same power.  About 18 months ago, I helped my great-nephew install a pair of 8" Eclipse non-metal subs.  I think the model # of the pair was 8708.4, and they sound great.  They were much deeper and louder than the 15" JL Audio subs he replaced them with.  He also regained most of his trunk by getting rid of the large (piece of junk) subs.z
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I live about 10 minutes from the sellers home!  It's a small world! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well not really..
its just that ive been looking for an old speaker I havent seen in years...< Back when sub were underrated instead of over rated like todays carp!> then right when I have no cash it pops up for 50 bucks.. Hell id pay 75-100 if I had it but im broke !!!!

Cluster... I would almost bet you can get it for the starting price of 25 bucks... just wait a few days and snipe it...  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a 12" sitting around collecting dust.  Its an Orien Series II.  I'll trade in AR15 parts if you're interested.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Go get a real sub if you're going to spend your hard earned money.....dollar for dollar, this one is hard to beat and the company is great to deal with.  I'm going back for more.

vmax84

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/295185.htm
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Paul,

Check this out;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1363636309

They're at $610 now, auction ends in 4 hours.  Even with shipping, that's still a long way from $2,500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top