Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 2:05:55 PM EDT
i upgraded to a 3.0 download speed int connection. the connection speed is exactly double what is was prior. running speed tests, it shows that DL speed has increased alot, but the upload seems to have decreased. any suggestions? also where is a good consistent test i can run?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"3.0 Download Speed Connection"?

First of all, what are you talking about? You upgraded to DSL, or you upgraded your modem, or you did a firmware update to your modem and/or router hardware?

I think you aren't getting replies yet because it is hard to understand your questions.

More info. and we'll see if we can help you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Did this upgrade myself about a week ago. You will get different readings from different sites, but as long as you see a increase from before you should be good to go.

The upload stream is always much lower then downloads because that is the direction most data travels. WHat kind of speed sare you seeing?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered the upgrade myself yesterday.
Will happen next week.
Funny, 1.5M used to be fast enough...

DanM
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Just get HSC and don't even worry about it.

Dial up = Teh suck
DSL = Decent
HSC = Kick ass
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"3.0 Download Speed Connection"?

First of all, what are you talking about? You upgraded to DSL, or you upgraded your modem, or you did a firmware update to your modem and/or router hardware?

I think you aren't getting replies yet because it is hard to understand your questions.

More info. and we'll see if we can help you.

i am sorry you are having trouble understanding. noone else seemed to. i will see if i have the option of writing in crayon for you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
the DL speed is showing anywhere from 1.8 to 2.8, depending upon where i run the test. UL is around  310 kbps. the UL is apx 80-100 kbps faster than it was and DL is about 900 kbps faster. this is okay, mainly i was wondering if there was a consensus as to which site offers the most  accurate test results.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The most accurate results aren't gonna be what you get from connection tests. There are three kinds of lies, lies, damned lies, and benchmarks. Benchmarks do you no good when the rest of the world runs slower than the benchmark server, and doesn't mean anything if the benchmark server is slower than the rest of the world. In the end, it's totally irrelevant, but you should see stuff going faster in general.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 100% happy with my 3000mbt down 768mbt up DSL for $30 a month.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The most accurate results aren't gonna be what you get from connection tests. There are three kinds of lies, lies, damned lies, and benchmarks. Benchmarks do you no good when the rest of the world runs slower than the benchmark server, and doesn't mean anything if the benchmark server is slower than the rest of the world. In the end, it's totally irrelevant, but you should see stuff going faster in general.

agreed, i just like stats. the speed increase is very noticeable. the fact that i get such different results from each test probably speaks to their inaccuracy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm 100% happy with my 3000mbt down 768mbt up DSL for $30 a month.

i would be too. i am paying more like $37.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#12]
dslreports tools

speakeasy speedtest

giganews

speed will vary a litttle.  i would give them a little while if you still have major speed issues then i would contact them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top