Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/16/2011 4:40:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 4:42:03 PM EST by zipzipzipper]
Failing to properly display my front license plate.

The state patrolman was quite upset and could not fathom why I would ever think it reasonable to display my valid license plate in my windshield rather than on my bumper.

Never had a single movng violation in 20 years of driving. Had proof of insurance, valid operators license and a non-shitty attitude. But I still got a ticket. The fne is for $20 more than it costs to license my tired truck.

So, do i go to court so my 13 year old daughter can see the court firsthand, or pay the fine and take the kids to the zoo instead?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:49:34 PM EST
In Texas, the law is that the plate has to be legible from 20 feet away. Doesn't say it has to be mounted on the front bumper...but it looks like you are out of luck.
http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/pdf/platebrochure.pdf

"Motor vehicles in Nebraska are required to display a license plate on the front and rear of the vehicle"
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:14:53 AM EST
you're guilty.... but if you mount your plate properly and take a picture of it... maybe just maybe after spending a couple hours in court you can have the charge reduced... seems like a waste of time. Might as well pay the fine, learn your lesson, and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:32:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 4:32:56 AM EST by John_Wayne777]
Tappas de double es un missione para message systemo!
Top Top