Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/11/2005 10:49:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 10:51:15 PM EDT by Cato]
Seems some rescuers have the policy to shoot dogs now:
dallasnews Video
Imagine how a family feels, who has lost everything to come home-
just to find their dog shot a few hours ago...

We got some families from Bosnia here during the war- and one thing which kept the
children up was playing with the cat they saved. In a few weeks one can sort out which
dogs were just roaming around waiting for their people to get home and which are
strays, so IMHO any action against dogs which are no threat now is overhastened.

What we can do, is to sign this petition:
A Petition to Protect the Animal Victims of Hurricane Katrina
We, the citizens of the world, hereby urge you, Mayor C Ray Nagin, to amend your Emergency Order to include the pets of the evacuees.
www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/840979272

Best Regards

Cato
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:53:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:59:21 PM EDT
shoot those disease carrying mangy filth mongers? No! Seriously!?!?

Who cares, they're Gotdamned dogs.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:03:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VTwin60:

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:05:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By luger355:

Yep
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 11:07:18 PM EDT by VTwin60]

cool I can do that too....

Strays are a big time problem. Do a little more research then you can take this and SIUYA.

Oh and by the way here's my dog:
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:11:04 PM EDT
These are NOT violent strays, these are family dogs which had to be abandoned!

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:11:49 PM EDT

cool I can do that too....

Strays are a big time problem. Do a little more research then you can take this and SIUYA.

Oh and by the way here's my dog:
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/31Jul05042.jpg

And perhaps one day you too will be caught up in the worst disaster in the history of this country. And in the chaos following maybe they will shoot your dog. And maybe an injured family member will be left to fend for themselves. Perhaps you will look like you may cause trouble and be shot.

Hey isn't not giving a shit fun?!?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:13:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cato:

which turn into strays quickly when the food and water runs out. They switch to survival mode as any other animal including humans do. There have already been reports by LEO's in the region of the dogs eating corpses and forming roving packs. I love my girl as much as the next man, but I make no mistake about it knowing she's smart enough to do what ever it takes to push on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 11:16:25 PM EDT by VTwin60]

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

And perhaps one day you too will be caught up in the worst disaster in the history of this country. And in the chaos following maybe they will shoot your dog. And maybe an injured family member will be left to fend for themselves. Perhaps you will look like you may cause trouble and be shot.

And perhaps when you come to your senses and realise domesticated dogs are still animals and not human beings, you'll be able to hold a valid and reasonable argument. Until then keep drinking that Kool Aid. PETA's looking for a few good bleeding hearts I understand.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:19:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cato:

You're not reading the propaganda correctly.

ALL DOGS in the area are violent, rabid, feral creatures who prey on humans. The most dangerous ones are the clever ones who approach you wagging their tail seemingly happy to make human contact before they rip out your jugular.

ALL ARMED PEOPLE in the area are dangerous radical troublemakers who are likely involved with terrorists or white supremecists organizations. You can determine how much trouble they intended to cause based upon the number of weapons and ammunition they possessed.

All HUNGRY CHILDREN in the area are diversions and ploys meant to draw the attention of the authorities away from the actions of wrong doers. These children as a consequence are accomplices and co conspirators in many criminal activities.

All authorities in the area are doing their gosh darned best for the benefit of the citizens of the area and if they were just left along to do their business they could be a lot more effective in their efforts to shoot dogs, disarm people and ignore hungry kids for the overall good of the community at large.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:21:21 PM EDT

And perhaps when you come to your senses and realise domesticated dogs are still animals and not human beings, you'll be able to hold a valid and reasonable argument. Until then keep drinking that Kool Aid. PETA's looking for a few good bleeding hearts I understand.

Could you possibly be a more abrasive ass?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:22:03 PM EDT

Nobody has said a dog is equal to a human.

I was just pointing out how much fun it is to not give a shit.

Maybe somebody won't give a shit about things you may value.

They are taking guns from citizens in NOLA but hey those are just "things" so why should we give a shit?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:26:26 PM EDT

They are taking guns from citizens in NOLA but hey those are just "things" so why should we give a shit?

Show me where in constitution that dogs are a right that shall not be infringed upon. Sorry but shooting stray dogs is a must. It was a priority in Iraq and its a priority in NO.

As for being more of an abrassive ass, sure could. I could laugh at pictures of a crippled up Terry Schiavo like you did.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:26:33 PM EDT
While I can't readily agree with the tactic I can see the rationality. It doesn't make it any easier to accept though.

One, tons of dogs roaming around doing what dogs do to keep on doing.
Two, tons of diseased corpses and other contaminates floating around.
Three, tons of dogs who don't have access to CNN or degrees in chemistry or biology to understand that if they eat the diseased or drink from the contaminated that they become a health problem.

I don't like it but, I can see why.

I also see the Humane Societies animal rescue crews out doing what they do. Wish them luck.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:42:26 AM EDT

Show me where in constitution that dogs are a right that shall not be infringed upon. Sorry but shooting stray dogs is a must. It was a priority in Iraq and its a priority in NO.

As for being more of an abrassive ass, sure could. I could laugh at pictures of a crippled up Terry Schiavo like you did.

4th Amendement right to be secure in our persons and PROPERTY.

Also the dogs in Iraq were FERAL these are pets people were FORCED to leave behind.

I didn't call you abrasive, swingset did.

I didn't laugh at Terry Schiavo, I have NO IDEA who you are talking about.

Top Top