Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 7:48:10 PM EDT
last couple of days dog has been dragging his butt across the floor likeit itches.
wife thinks it may be a case of worms,is that a possibility?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
My dogs never dragged his butt, but that's usually a good sign to get him to the vet.  Probably parasites.

Mine got a tapeworm.  They give him one pill and it kills them all.  It's one heck of a horking huge pill, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
His anal glands are full or infected.  Take him to a vet and ask him to express his anal glands.  That is some stinky stuff!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
He might not have wiped well enough after the last dump.......

No...seriously get him to a vet....is he an outdoor dog?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
His anal glands are full or infected.  Take him to a vet and ask him to express his anal glands.  That is some stinky stuff!

as long as the dog is at the vet you might want him to check his poop.
How does ones express the anal glands anyway. My groomer does it everytime when I bring in the dog
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it is possible.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Index finger and thumb on either side of the anus, press in slightly and squeeze gently- kinda like you're popping a big zit. That'll take care of him. And don't forget to wash your hands after you get done.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's the problem. You could do it yourself if you don't mind getting a shitty couple of fingers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Most likely anal glands.

+1 on the stink when they clean them out
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
he is a house dog,going to vet this week.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]
that's what it is almost certainly, anal glands.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

as long as the dog is at the vet you might want him to check his poop.
How does ones express the anal glands anyway. My groomer does it everytime when I bring in the dog

It smells even worse than shit and will make you puke. Have the vet do it! They put on gloves, lube up, and start digging around in the dogs butt pushing goo out of their anal glands. OMG it stinks. My parents had this done to their dog. Gross

-Foxxz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top