Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2005 3:26:47 AM EDT

i got to ask this.  i was over at some folks house and there were four dogs.
a west highland white, Scotty, wiener dog and a miniature Eskimo dog looking "thing".
the dogs would romp and play and run around most of the evening but the Eskimo dog would puke all over the floor.
now i have been around a lot of big dogs but damn.  this is nasty.  it didn't so much puke as just screech to a stop and food would just come out of it's mouth like there was a problem with the flap that closes off the stomach and esophagus.  is this normal for some dogs?  the owner didn't  seem to mind cleaning puke all evening and there was also plenty of dog shit to go around.  

all in all it burned me out of owning a dog for a while.  
but i got to say the Scotty was cool.    

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Watch Hyenas puke for the pups after a hunt and you realize just how much food a stomach can really hold
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to have a 110lb Rotty he would puke EVERY time I took him for a ride in the car. I knew where ALL the gas station pay type vaccums were with in 10 miles of my house.  I would plan my course so I could just pop in and suck the puke out and be gone. It got to be normal to me but if I had someone else in the car it was a different story it ruined a few dates.

The car puke stopped for him around 3 years old but he would still puke if he really excited.  I bought a special 3 gallon wet Vac just for dog puke and kept that at the house.

He died 5 years ago and I still look at the wet vac sitting in the corner of the garage and smile. He was a damn good dog and I would clean a mile of puke to have him back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
My lab mix was puking a lot, and it finally got real bad (blood). Turns out she had pancreatitis. Switched her food, and after some meds she's been a lot better. She hardly ever gets sick now.

The only problem now is my other lab has gotten absolutely huge. She's pushing 120.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#4]
For some odd reason all dogs like to go outside, eat grass and then come inside and puke on a rug.  I think it is just something to make us scratch our heads and wonder WTFTDT.  My dog loves the hear me say WTF???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top