Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 8:37:49 AM EDT
I have a friend who is in the process of going into the army right now, and he has already gone through the physical at meps and everything. right now he is just waiting for his ship date, which is a few months from now. he told me that the only thing that he is worried about is that he took riddalin as a child and heard that the army won't let him in. is this true. and if so how does the military find out. he said that he heard of some one who was rejected because he had taken it and they found out through his school records.

does anyone know if, or when they search those kinda records?

he is pretty freaked out about it and I told him I would see if I could find anything about it on the net, but to no availe.

does anyone have any knowledge that might be useful.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
They would have asked questions to prior use of drugs such as that at MEPs. If he lied, and is caught, he will be tossed out for fraudulent enlistment. Not sure what the odds are they will find out though.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I run into Ritalin patients all the time.  It's common in the Army these days.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that they will not let him in if he is currently taking Ritalin.  If he has discontinued taking it they will look into the circumstances for the prescription.

They can look at everything, medical records, juvenile records, and yes even school records.  Depending on his rate, they will even talk to his teachers neighbors and friends.  There is nothing that is not open to them, or cannot be opened (especially now).

Keep in mind, if your friend lied, they will learn and that may be enough to keep him out of the program he wants.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#5]
do they always look through records or only if they find some kinda red flag

ohh  yeah and he is going infantry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top