Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 2:15:42 PM EDT
there is a bottle in my fridge that says it expired in July....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
[rocky]Go for it![/rocky]

But will your guns to me first, just in case.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, some of he ingrdients will break down chemically.  Nutrasweet is an example.  It probably wont hurt you but will taste like shit.

Its like getting old pop.  The flavor has turned.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
for example, diet soda left out in the sun for too long tastes absolutely awful, even after it's cooled down.  aspartame (the artificial sweetener) breaks down when it heats up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it does.

I am a bigtime Powerade drinker and I had two sealed 2L of the white kind in the bottom of the fridge for like 8 months.  Took one out and had a sip of it and it tasted so horrible I couldn't even believe it. I threw it and the other one out. It even smelled kinda funny too.

- rem

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
for example, diet soda left out in the sun for too long tastes absolutely awful, even after it's cooled down.  aspartame (the artificial sweetener) breaks down when it heats up.

Aspartame powder on sticks of chewing gum when left in a hot car or outside will turn poisonous. Enough of it ingested over time increases risks of a few diseases including cancer. I even heard of an experiment where they heated a bunch of the powder and gave it to mice which then died after a period of time.

- rem

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Even bottled spring water expires bro.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had opened bottles of gatorade start growing mold in it after being opened then put in the fridge.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes it does.

I am a bigtime Powerade drinker and I had two sealed 2L of the white kind in the bottom of the fridge for like 8 months.  Took one out and had a sip of it and it tasted so horrible I couldn't even believe it. I threw it and the other one out. It even smelled kinda funny too.

- rem

Uh, I work for Coca Cola and we don't have 2liters of PA.  

I drink expired PA all the time in the warehouse... but that's just because it's on its way to the dumpster.  It's cheap, throw it and buy a new one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
well, i drank it, it tasted fine, and im not dead

*shrug*
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
well, i drank it, it tasted fine, and im not deadYET

*shrug*

oops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top