Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2005 4:27:22 PM EDT

i've found myself still thinking about ex girlfriends and what i could have done differently. generally, im not one to have "regrets", but a couple of these old relationships keep popping into my head. in truth, they were extremely hard on me and even though its been four or five years, im wondering if they might have had some long term effect.

"forgetting" about them has not seemed to work. and although ive met many women since that were interested in me, i've not really put forth much effort. at first, i just used to think i hadnt met the right person or that i needed someone im excited about, but now im cocerned there may be a larger pattern.

does anyone else gone through this stuff and is it normal?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Going through the same thing with a broad I broke up with (for an incredibly dumb-ass reason, I might add) 3 years ago.  Luckilly for me, I met a chick over the weekend that likes Metallica and when she saw THIS picture she imediatly said she loved guns and asked me to teach her how to shoot
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

does anyone else gone through this stuff and is it normal?

Sometimes.

Hate helps.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you feel about pedicures?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm constantly wondering what if. I've gone so far as to try tracking down a few of the ex girlfriends, if for nothing more than to see what they're up to and how life is treating them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
As soon as I buy a new gun, I'm like "what as that bitch's name???????"    
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It didn't work out for a good reason, move on and enjoy the present and future Been through all that regret and what if stuff though, it sucks. Time does heal most wounds however so it will pass.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I refer to this as circular thinking, it doesn't matter how many times or ways you turn it over in your head the end result is the same. It's a waste of time, and yes I do plenty of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top