Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/10/2002 1:33:23 PM EDT
stare at them.  For example, Set up a few black rifles on bipods in your living room, and sit down a few feet away and just look at them.  It is kind of embarrasing when the wife walks in.  Am I the only one who does this?  or how 'bout pour south african surplus 5.56 down your ... oh never mind.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you that same guy that talked about rubbing CLP all over his body and having the dog lick it off?

I thought so.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The gun parts ok the other part well.
At least you could use American Ammo.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, duh. Of course.  Say, when watching a movie, or eating dinner, I set a couple up as a center piece. Or, after a long day's work, if I don't have a chance to go shooting, Pull one (or 2) out and hold it while looking in the mirror.

Now, on that .223 thing. . .  no way! I only use S.A. in 7.62mm X 51mm.

-Justin
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup!
Do it quite often...
Usually it's either my Bushy, or one of my varmint rifles.
I also grab my 1911 (leaving the mag on my night stand) and dry fire all the bad guy's on whatever TV show I'm watching.
Being single and no kids around - I have the advantage of stuffing guns around every room of my house so I'm never "fondling impaired"....
Terry
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
stare at them.  For example, Set up a few black rifles on bipods in your living room, and sit down a few feet away and just look at them.  It is kind of embarrasing when the wife walks in.  Am I the only one who does this?  or how 'bout pour south african surplus 5.56 down your ... oh never mind.

View Quote

No, but sometimes I talk to them,  and sometimes they talk to me.   [whacko]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you that same guy that talked about rubbing CLP all over his body and having the dog lick it off?

I thought so.
View Quote

Wouldn't that make your dog sick?

Just the thought of it is making me sick.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, without sounding too weird, I caress my AR while watching "Blackhawk Down,""Heat,"and "3000 miles to Graceland." I sometimes even put on an assault vest and load up on mags.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Got ya beat M4M....I have "wandered" into my gun room TWICE today..

Just strolled around a bit...

You better go hug yours for being so so mean as to leave them that long.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#15]
No. You're.......nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I wrapped them in tinfoil and they stopped talking to me. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I love having my toys out once in a while. especially when a good movie like Red Dawn is on.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I love the smell of my guns in  the morning.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Just last Friday night I was minding my own business watching BlackHawk Down.....I had my preban bushy and my 1911 sitting on the couch with me as well as my semi M60 sitting in the Floor. It was late at night my wife was in bed asleep, I had done all my chores kissed the kids goodnight and thought I had a moment of bliss to myself and my three buddies. Well, just when all was great my wife walks in and had a FIT ON ME. She made me feel like I was a totally certifiable...and have thought so ever since or at least until I read this post.  I have truly found my brothers...ever be so sick as we all may be.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes  I lined them up against the wall and take digital photos of them . Then I email my relatives to let them know of the adventures their grandchildren have had ... Did I call them grandchildren ? I even set up and watch violent films with the older ones so I can hold them and calm them .
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#21]
SOME DAY...

Your neighbors will be telling the news crew about how "He was such a nice man. I would never have guessed he was capable of doiong something like that!"

They pause and rethink their statement...

"Well, maybe it was a little strange to see him playing 'tea party' in the backyard, with a  black rifle sitting in each chair and a cup and suacer in front of each one..."

LOL

I think the CLP thing was more stomachable...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#22]
3000 miles to Graceland is a Good Movie and ive never watched Heat w/o my AR at hand.

I dont know what the big deal is, I really dont.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok, the real question here is who on this site DOESN'T do this?

Man, I love lining my guns up in the living room so I can check em out while watching movies or tv. I mean, they are as fun to look at to me as a Monet is to someone else.

I'm lucky though, I have a wife that doesn't even look at me funny when I do this......

.....anymore.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I set up a tactical among the houseplants. I've got a ghillie suit made of ferns.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I think of my guns like women,
I like to look at them, I like to hold and caress them, I like to play with them and I also like to make them go BANG!

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#26]
i make sure i am the only one home before i pull my guns out and fondle and talk to them.
(wife doesnt know about my illness,i know she thinks all my guns are stupid though)
i still have to open my safe every day and have one long look.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I always pull one out and put it on the coffee table in the middle of the living room.  My wife doesnt really say much, I think she's confused by it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I had to add this,Last week my wife came into the basement and i was just staring at the two open gun safes and all the wonderful hardware inside,she said what are you doing and i said just looking,she walked away with this funny look on her face and talking to herself,LOL
I think she said something like "F**king Nut"
But i think she meant it in a nice way.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Um, I'm not [i]that[/i] bad. And I [i]do[/i] like Heat and other cool flicks.

But I did build an AR in bed once, while watching Jay Leno show. Got some moly lube on the sheets.

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Your not alone, I do the same. Depending on what mood I'm in, I'll pull out that particular rifle and either set it in the kitchen or take it out to the shop. I even put up hooks on my shop bench tool board so I can hang them up and kick back with a cold one and admire my babys!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#31]
these are symptoms of not enough range time. You need less time looking at them in the living room and more boom.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I set up a tactical among the houseplants. I've got a ghillie suit made of ferns.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Sometimes, late at night ...
They [i]call[/i] to me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#34]
after i first got mine, i fell asleep with it in my arms.  Ofcourse i didnt have ammo by the way.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I keep my .50 setting in front of the TV.  My wife thinks I'm starting to take an interest in the stupid crap she watches, [i]Friends[/i], for instance.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha
View Quote

I would have a hard time not picking it up and pointing it at David Schwimmer (Ross).
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#38]
No.
AB
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#39]
watching BHD with RAGNAR, the "Little Black Stick of Death."
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't do it as often as I used to....  the new baby likes to touch everyting, and I can't have snott/drool prints all over my guns now can I.....

The wife only says something when I bring up a couple of cases of ammo to load stripper clips
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn, what's the deal.  No body else runs CQB drills while you have the house to yourself?  What's wrong with you people?!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#42]
At my house if my wife comes home late and finds the bed covered in handguns and AR15s, she just says, "Oh, you're having a few friends sleep over."  I love that woman.  I love her so much that I always point my 1911 to the ground when she walks in front of the TV when I am giving the good guys a little help.  I count cartridges a lot, but I never pour them over my body.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#43]
funny tread, its nice to have a good laugh!

I guess the only time I stare at my weapons is when I look thru the scope, or cleaning them, or adding additional accessory. But then again I haven't came out of the closet like you guys, sick'os
lol
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Sur-rrre I do.
It's like having a 3D magazine picture right in your living room!
Better yet, you can touch them.

There's a lotta 'enthusiasts' [whacko] on this board that do that, I'm sure. [rolleyes]

C'mon, boys, admit it!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
these are symptoms of not enough range time. You need less time looking at them in the living room and more boom.
View Quote

This last winter I spent a lot of time "cleaning" my toys.  Now that the weather is nice I'm almost sick of [i]cleaning[/i] them.  I've been at the range for a few hours almost every weeks for a couple of months now.  Sometimes I just leave them in the case so that I don't have to pack them up for the next trip.  Shooting them is so much more fun than just looking at them.  Of course, I'm not one of those guys who asks questions about how to clean the brass off of the brass deflector or worries much about holster wear on my pistol either.

Quoted:
I love her so much that I always point my 1911 to the ground when she walks in front of the TV when I am giving the good guys a little help.
View Quote

If you really loved her she'd be sitting beside you helping the good guys with her own pistol or rifle, like my wife. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Man, I love lining my guns up in the living room so I can check em out while watching movies or tv. I mean, they are as fun to look at to me as a Monet is to someone else.

I'm lucky though, I have a wife that doesn't even look at me funny when I do this......

.....anymore.  
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA,

Let's see... choose between my wife and my black rifles....

Did I mention:  my EX-wife?

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

.....anymore.  
View Quote

Mine doesn't either...

I love you guys. [:I]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes.

I am ashamed of my idolatry.

I am even more ashamed that the only thing I have approximating an Evil Black Rifle is a FAB-10  

haha!

Watching Heat with that thing just doesn't quite do it.  close, but not quite

I made my girlfriend read this thread.  She doesn't think that I'm any less weird.

She just thinks that there are a lot more weirdos out there.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top