Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:33:31 PM EST
do you believe in "extra sensory abilities" or ESP?

I never believed in it
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:34:47 PM EST
fake
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:35:43 PM EST
don't you already know my answer?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:38:04 PM EST
fakes
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:38:27 PM EST
FAKERS
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:38:35 PM EST
one time I was at Barnes and Noble book store and a lady "psychic" was there doing a little seminar and trying to sell her new book.

they had chairs set up so people could hear her lectures on being psychic and being able to communicate with the spirit world, etc

I heard her telling some people they're are two friendly ghosts sitting in those chairs right now dressed in late 1800's era style clothing

she sounded like a nut
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:38:56 PM EST
You mean like Madme Cleo or John Edwards?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:42:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
You mean like Madme Cleo or John Edwards?

yes, people like that
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:47:49 PM EST
Penn & Teller *savaged* the whole scam on Bullshit. Just ripped them apart for the con-men that they are.

I think that there *may* be some truth to ESP and the like, but the the morons like Edwards and that ilk are just bullshit artists and scammers.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:53:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 8:55:34 PM EST by Mountain_Snipe]
OMG, they're like so real. On a related note, so are money and suckers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:55:12 PM EST
Google "cold reading", it's the blueprint for successful psychic cons.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:08:46 PM EST
If anyone really had those powers they'd billionaires and rule the world, yet all they have are crappy websites.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:12:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By q3131:
If anyone really had those powers they'd billionaires and rule the world, yet all they have are crappy websites.

...maybe they do, maybe they do
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:15:40 PM EST
In 99% + of cases fake.

I think we are capable of it, but few if any could control it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:18:30 PM EST
Fake.

Now post the same question on DU and see what kind of responses you get.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:21:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sagus:
Fake.

Now post the same question on DU and see what kind of responses you get.

My psychic abilities say many will believe.

But, to be fair, there are whole bunch of retards here that are scared of Ouija boards. Just posted a thread last week about that very subject.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:25:30 PM EST
i think its all horse shit personally.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:31:14 PM EST
I think it is possible. I just don't think anyone can actually do it.

99.9999% are bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:34:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:
I think it is possible. I just don't think anyone can actually do it.

99.9999% are bullshit.

I've listened to George Noory a few times too many the usual "psychic" cop out is that it cannot be used for "personal gain" without consequence. Ironic considering they are usually pushing a book at least if not tapes, movies, and other "services".
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:46:29 PM EST
Not "fakers".........

CON ARTISTS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:55:12 PM EST
Not so much psychic but remote viewing, I have seen it in person. Ive seen him do it for years, my Father. Most common was christmas presents. I would buy the present, have it wrapped right there at the store. I would hand them the present and they would guess what it was, right down to color. 95% accurate. There are others instances as well. Most tend to say its bullshit, but untill you have seen it in person dont cut it out completely
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:13:23 PM EST
As a Christian I believe that angels and demons and of coarse God exists. I believe that demons try to deceive people. I believe that it is possible to communicate with God. If that isn't some form of ESP I don't know what is.

I don't believe "Ghosts or spirits" are the spirits of the dead. The dead go to Heaven or Hell and have no further contact with our plane of existence. The phenomenon is demons deceiving people.

We only use a small portion of our brains. I think we used to be much more in tune with our spiritual sides before the sin of man. I think telepathy and esp and all that could have been our main means of communication.

Psychics and the like that don't attribute their abilities to God and are 100% correct are either faking or communicating with demons.

Now this is what I believe. You asked. I don't expect anyone else to share this view and don't want anyone to think I'm trying to force my opinion on anyone.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:18:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 10:19:46 PM EST by swingset]

Originally Posted By Gibsonn:
Not so much psychic but remote viewing, I have seen it in person. Ive seen him do it for years, my Father. Most common was christmas presents. I would buy the present, have it wrapped right there at the store. I would hand them the present and they would guess what it was, right down to color. 95% accurate. There are others instances as well. Most tend to say its bullshit, but untill you have seen it in person dont cut it out completely

So then you collected James Randi's $1,000,000 with your father's verifyable powers? No? Well get busy!!

www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

I expect a piece of your prize for turning you onto easy money. I'll take a registered M16 lower as payment.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:18:40 PM EST
Most are frauds, but I've seen a few who worked with police, who somehow knew things, details about crimes that were just too numerous and accurate to be "faked".

The ones on those "Haunting" shows are so fake, their not even good fakes.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:41:42 PM EST
some on psychic detective tv show appear to be real. they have helped solve a number of crimes, the cops keep using them? you be the judge. one thing, they are not always reliable, even the best. so you can dismiss them, but i have seen too many things add up for the some of them to think it was all chance.

i think 99% of them are mostly con artists with limited ability or none, using the cold reading technique to earn money. i think that edwards guy interviews his guests before the show, or has them answer some questions so he has some knowledge before hand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:42:34 PM EST
They are all.....

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:44:58 PM EST
Completely bogus.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:02:15 PM EST
[monsters,Inc] " ...One of'em picked me up with their mind powers an' shook me like a dawg..."[/monsters,Inc]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:44:56 AM EST
Fake.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:48:58 AM EST
Fake! Although my Mother had a dream the night before an Eastern Airlines plane was going to crash in the Everglades, and it did.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:36:35 AM EST
If they were real, why do they need announcements with the date and location of their gatherings and conventions? Shouldn't they already know?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:38:47 AM EST
I think there are those with the gift of second sight.
I also believe there are ALOT MORE of those who DON'T have the gift, but CLAIM they do to scam people.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:46:08 AM EST
fake

if they were real - they would all be billionaires!!

lemme predict the future of MicroSoft
lemme predict the future of IBM
lemme predict the winner of the superbowl, world series, etc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:49:11 AM EST
Ask any of them if they were working on 9/10/01.

There's your answer.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:52:22 AM EST
What about Sylvia Brown?

Police use her all the time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:55:06 AM EST
Fake.
However, I do make it point that every time I walk by one of their shops, I say to myself, what a worthless, blood sucking, exploitive, pos.
- If one of them ever comes running out after me I'll pay my money and find out what tomorrow's number will be.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:08:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
What about Sylvia Brown?

Police use her all the time.

One of the worst of the con-artists out there, by far.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:10:15 AM EST
I would be open to the possibility of it happening though I think it is unlikely. My best friend is a P.I. and they get ALOT of business from psychics. One company he worked for 40% of their business came from them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:21:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:29:03 AM EST
The ones who actually "have it" don't talk about it, as they view it as a curse, let alone try to make money with it. Most of them want rid of it, because they're tired of the nightmares, tired of seeing stuff that they don't want to or shouldn't see.

Being that way would be like having dreams every night about people getting killed and possibly other odd sensory perceptions (hearing voices, seeing things, etc) and would likely be considered a symptom of a psychological problem.

Above all else, those who are the real deal are haunted by it and generally have no desire to talk about it. If someone really is psychic or whatever, odds are good you'll never know about it because it is highly unlikely that they'll tell you.

I know for sure that all the stuff you see on TV and in the popular media about psychics is complete and total BS. The real thing is something that is not understood and just plain not talked about because it's a pretty bad thing. Sure, it looks cool and fun in movies, but the messed up perceptions and dreams are more like PTSD or maybe schizophrenia than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:31:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By ManBearPig:
Fake! Although my Mother had a dream the night before an Eastern Airlines plane was going to crash in the Everglades, and it did.

My mom has the same thing. Every time a relative is going to die, she has a dream about a family gathering, and someone is missing...the missing person is going to die.

It never fails, and she doesn't like to talk about it because it's very traumatic for her. After all, the last person who died was her mother 3 years ago.

Now, it's not always reliable, because she's had recurring dreams about me ending up facedown in a lake, ever since I was a kid, and it's never happened.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:33:25 AM EST
I was flipping through the channels during the wee hours of the morning last week and came across this guy who labeled himself a "Personal Prayer Prophet." He was supposedly in direct two-way verbal communication with God Himself.

Whenever a caller was put on the air, Mr. Prophet's first questions were, "What's your name, where are you from, and what can I do for you?"

If he's a prophet, why does he need to ask those questions?

-James
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:41 AM EST
The Biggest Douche(s) in the Universe
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:44:08 AM EST
Team only archive link

I'm a skeptic, but that bitch had me wondering.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:48:25 AM EST

Whenever any of these "psychics" are put in controlled laboratory environments, all of their abilities mysteriously disappear. Gosh, what a surprise.

Complete bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:50:45 AM EST
they get the same kinds of customers that Televangelist do, the stoopid...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:42:21 AM EST
99.99999 CON.

A fool and his money.......
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:18:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By swingset:

Originally Posted By Gibsonn:

So then you collected James Randi's $1,000,000 with your father's verifyable powers? No? Well get busy!!

www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

I expect a piece of your prize for turning you onto easy money. I'll take a registered M16 lower as payment.

Tad bit of sarcasim Im not trying to claim that he is psychic or anything thing. All Im saying is what he can do is well....odd at best. No he cant read thoughts, no he cant perdict the future, and no he doesnt have a crystal ball. Its just something he can do. Nothing more nothing less.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:19:48 PM EST
[mrs cleo]Call me now ferya fri read'n
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:23:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Master_of_Orion:
As a Christian I believe that angels and demons and of coarse God exists. I believe that demons try to deceive people. I believe that it is possible to communicate with God. If that isn't some form of ESP I don't know what is.

I don't believe "Ghosts or spirits" are the spirits of the dead. The dead go to Heaven or Hell and have no further contact with our plane of existence. The phenomenon is demons deceiving people.

We only use a small portion of our brains. I think we used to be much more in tune with our spiritual sides before the sin of man. I think telepathy and esp and all that could have been our main means of communication.

Psychics and the like that don't attribute their abilities to God and are 100% correct are either faking or communicating with demons.

Now this is what I believe. You asked. I don't expect anyone else to share this view and don't want anyone to think I'm trying to force my opinion on anyone.

+1

There is a reason the Catholics have exorcsim rituals and stuff...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:25:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By BillTheButcher:
one time I was at Barnes and Noble book store and a lady "psychic" was there doing a little seminar and trying to sell her new book.

they had chairs set up so people could hear her lectures on being psychic and being able to communicate with the spirit world, etc

I heard her telling some people they're are two friendly ghosts sitting in those chairs right now dressed in late 1800's era style clothing

she sounded like a nut

One thing I hate and notice is.

The spooks are ALWAYS dressed 1700'1800's clothing. ARe they all nostalgic spirits? Do not any recently deceased make appearances?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top