Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/12/2007 9:30:22 PM EDT
i was looking through the "bravery" thread and i noticed that everytime someone posted a pic of MLK it was disputed which is just blasphemy.MLK was a man who had the balls to stand for what he believed in and only a coward or a fool would fail to recognize this. he saw an injustice and decided to use words instead of violence, for which he recieved flak from other groups such as the Panthers and nation of islam who were terrorists. i also notice MLK was compared to Jackson and Sharpton which is the farthest stretch i have ever seen. those two blowhards cant jointly hold a candle to MLK's pinky finger.i felt compelled to post because i find it disturbing some people cant see the kind of man MLK was. this world would be better off with many more men with integrity like his.

thank you
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I attribute such behavior to a lack of education, inbreeding, etc.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I predict this will end peacefully.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for CavVet's response and destruction of this thread!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bumb"

Col. Gergory Boyington USMC (MOH)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm inclined to agree with the OP, however, I'd like to see the context in which MLK is being bashed...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i was looking through the "bravery" thread and i noticed that everytime someone posted a pic of MLK it was disputed which is just blasphemy.MLK was a man who had the balls to stand for what he believed in and only a coward or a fool would fail to recognize this. he saw an injustice and decided to use words instead of violence, for which he recieved flak from other groups such as the Panthers and nation of islam who were terrorists. i also notice MLK was compared to Jackson and Sharpton which is the farthest stretch i have ever seen. those two blowhards cant jointly hold a candle to MLK's pinky finger.i felt compelled to post because i find it disturbing some people cant see the kind of man MLK was. this world would be better off with many more men with integrity like his.

thank you

+1 MLK was a great man and an asset to this country....
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the site.......have you got the original link?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I predict this will end peacefully.

+1
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Careful, how much do you really know about MLK and the Civil Rights Movement?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He is neither as great as his supporters say nor as bad as his detractors claim.

I wish the FBI records would be released so that honest scholars could make honest assessments.

You mean Hoover's?  Some of his files were modified to back up his campaign against  MLK.  Of course, there are also photos of  Hoover wearing women's clothes, but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The staff at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers Project discovered a lot of plagiarism in Martin Luther King's writings and in a 1991 article in THE JOURNAL OF AMERICAN HISTORY said that "plagiarism was a general pattern evident in nearly all of his academic writings" including his doctoral dissertation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He is neither as great as his supporters say nor as bad as his detractors claim.

I wish the FBI records would be released so that honest scholars could make honest assessments.

+1; MLK certainly was no saint - he cheated on his wife and was a commie in all but name. Not to mention he plagiarized most of his papers (including his doctor dissertation).

However, he did do a lot for his cause, and that's more than most people can say.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
thank you

Welcome to Arfcom.  I see your first order of business is to tell this site how wrong they are.

ETA: Nice screenname though.  "It just says McLovin!"
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Anyone can disrespect anyone they choose. Nobody has to agree with anything you say. Nobody has to give a shit about how you feel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I think he's overrated.  He doesn't deserve a national holiday, and every city in America doesn't need to have a street named after him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
i am going to say 7 pages and a lock

welcome to ARFCOM
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#18]
This the same guy that said Eric Rudolph, the murderer, was a hero?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#19]
im not sayin anybody is wrong im just voicing my opinion which i welcome everyone to do. nobody is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#20]
MLK had a dream that one day people would bother to use the frigging 'shift' key as appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]
hey scottfire im just trying to bring this to attention, it seemed to get pushed to the side in the other thread. no need to be a douche.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#22]
There are no perfect heros.  Ike had a mistress, at one time Ronald Reagan was a raging democrat.  You must look at the big picture and the long-term contribution to humanity that a person has made.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#23]
He was certainly no saint, but got a lot done in a peaceful manner.

Not real sure he needs a holiday, however.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bumb"

Col. Gergory Boyington USMC (MOH)

<Commissar> Ahh, yes... Gergory! Fine hero of the people, Da?</Comissar>
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
im not sayin anybody is wrong im just voicing my opinion which i welcome everyone to do. nobody is wrong.

That's right, it's all just shades of grey.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I think he's overrated.  He doesn't deserve a national holiday, and every city in America doesn't need to have a street named after him.

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

That's right, it's all just shades of grey.....

it is, everyone has their own opinion, theres no scientific measurement for how great someone was or wasnt
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
This the same guy that said Eric Rudolph, the murderer, was a hero? definately not
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This the same guy that said Eric Rudolph, the murderer, was a hero?

definately not

Just checkin
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
This will not end well.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#32]
 I guarantee if he was still alive today he would be a worthless poverty pimp like his right hand man Jessie Jackson

His wife and all of his followers follow the same agenda lock step
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I think if he had not been killed the way he was we would never hear about him today, or at "best" he would be another Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton and most people would be sick of him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If you see a MLK street that is just the city's way of telling you where NOT to be after dark.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1; MLK certainly was no saint - he cheated on his wife and was a commie in all but name. Not to mention he plagiarized most of his papers (including his doctor dissertation).

However, he did do a lot for his cause, and that's more than most people can say.

You got it in before I could. MFMLK

Commie either by known choice or association. His closest advisor Stanley Levison was a Communist, as was his assistant Jack O’Dell. He was harsh on Diem and the South and believed that Ho Chi Minh should have been the legitimate ruler of Vietnam.

A well known adulterer and so-called Pastor? Give me a break.

And his tactics also leave a lot to be desired. Straight out of the moonbat 2007 playbook. Kumbaya my ass.

MFMLK

As for the "cause", again, MFMLK. When I was a kid we had Black owned businesses. Black grocery stores, dry cleaners, taxi companies, you name it. Our kids werent in the streets in gangs and we as a whole had none of the societal issues we have today. The only problem Black Americans had in those days was Jim Crow, and there indeed were ways to deal with his ass.

Today those Black businesses are all gone, any advancement by all those who gave so much for so long is only a museum memory. Sure a few have millions, rappers, ball players, etc, and there are some Blacks in boardrooms on Fortune 500 lists, but as a whole Black Americans are much worse off since we overcame than before MLK had his crack induced fantasy dream.

MLK took the wrong approach to a limited problem, and today we have a friggin mess. MFMLK.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#36]
He did some good things and he did some bad things.

It IS too bad his words aren't taken to heart however.  Many self proclaimed MLK followers still look at skin color first.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think he's overrated.  He doesn't deserve a national holiday, and every city in America doesn't need to have a street named after him.[://

If you see a MLK street that is just the city's way of telling you where NOT to be after dark.

That is true.  Not a good way of eulogizing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Such as..........

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Such as..........

I'm thinking of his speeches.  And he did encourage non violent protest.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Such as..........

Im thinking a speech cannot be considered doing a good thing. Its a bunch of words, not deeds.

As for encouraging nonviolent protest, , thats still not "doing a good thing".

His "non-violent" platform was bullshit. He did the same thing then the kommie pinkos do now. They want to incite a riot, but wont fight their own battles. He did the same thing the hippies have been doing for 30 years, the same thing the klan does today. They all want me to spend my tax dollars to defend their miserable asses with my LEO's, usually someplace where they dont even pay taxes.

And its not called violence when its self defense, its intelligence. He was not only a pussy, too sorry to stand up and fight for what he claimed to believe in, he was stupid. Taking ass whippings is never "doing a good thing".

Other than destroying the Black family and the Black community, and creating the groundwork for modern PC bullshit, was there actually anything he ever did (besides prostitutes)? And was any of it actually that good?

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Such as..........

Im thinking a speech cannot be considered doing a good thing. Its a bunch of words, not deeds.

As for encouraging nonviolent protest, , thats still not "doing a good thing".

His "non-violent" platform was bullshit. He did the same thing then the kommie pinkos do now. They want to incite a riot, but wont fight their own battles. He did the same thing the hippies have been doing for 30 years, the same thing the klan does today. They all want me to spend my tax dollars to defend their miserable asses with my LEO's, usually someplace where they dont even pay taxes.

And its not called violence when its self defense, its intelligence. He was not only a pussy, too sorry to stand up and fight for what he claimed to believe in, he was stupid. Taking ass whippings is never "doing a good thing".

Other than destroying the Black family and the Black community, and creating the groundwork for modern PC bullshit, was there actually anything he ever did (besides prostitutes)? And was any of it actually that good?

I will defer to you, my full knowlege and research of the subject is lacking.  I will fully admit most of what I know has come from normal media sources.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Directions on how to get to the downtown court house in any large city in America:

Get off the freeway and look for MLK Ave then turn left. Procede 5 blocks and turn left on MLK Street. Go 4 more blocks and turn left on MLK boulevard. The court house is on the left on MLK Court.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Hunter Pitts O'Dell...'nuff said.

King was a man who saw an opening and ran for it.  He gave us the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

I know I'll be eternally grateful.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Why is there always crime going down on MLK Blvd.? Seems kinda ironic...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Why is there always crime going down on MLK Blvd.? Seems kinda ironic...

It's close to the bail bondsman's office and the court house.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Jeez, CavVet, you sound like you miss the good ol' days of segregation.

Uncle Ruckus is that you?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

King was a man who saw an opening and ran for it.  He gave us the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Sharpton and Jackson........two 'dwarfs' standing in the shadow of an historical giant.

MLK had a weakness for porking white women.*   Having the same weakness as MLK - white women porking - it's hard for me to get too down on brother Martin !!

5sub

IIRC, Hoover and the G boys bugged MLK's bed,
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not happy with where it's gotten us.

Seems like a massive bribe/payoff system, in the government's best interest, rather than the people's.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1, there are many more blacks that deserve the same if not more credit then him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Is Chattanooga, Tennessee the only city in america where MLK Blvd.
turns into Lee Hwy. at the county line?

Colonel Hurtz
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top