Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 12/31/2006 8:11:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2006 9:57:41 AM EDT by BillofRights]
Free at last.  Free at last.  Great God A-Mighty, I'm Free at last!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:34:17 AM EDT
Anybody?   I'm not planning to do anything stupid.  I just need to know what the fine would  be for making my own risk management decisions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:40:20 AM EDT
If you wanted to venture out during the height of the storm, the penalty could have been death.  Stay warm, dry and fed until the highways are open.  In the meantime, keep surfing here!

SRM
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:26:57 AM EDT
No idea what statutes you're up against, but I've been out during a state of emergency or two for similar reasons, and every cop I saw gave me the "You're a dumbass, but get home safe anyway" wave.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:46:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SRM:
If you wanted to venture out during the height of the storm, the penalty could have been death.  Stay warm, dry and fed until the highways are open.  In the meantime, keep surfing here!

SRM

I appreciate the sentiment, but the WX is very good right now.  Clear visibility, some ice on the roads,10- 25 mph winds.  Funny thing is, I have driven the exact road five times in much worse conditions.  For some reason, some faceless bureaucrat decided that we should not be allowed to leave Hays.

As a professional risk manager, I am willing to chance getting stuck a few days`
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2006 9:54:36 AM EDT by nationwide]
Unless it's a declared state of emergency, I doubt there is much they will do to you.

Now, having said that, is the interstate "closed" or is it "barricaded".

Just driving on up there is really no big deal, just don't expect help immediately if you get in a bind.

If you drive around the gates (forget if KS has them yet) on the On Ramp, you may be in for criminal prosecution, as you would be trespassing, among other things.

Good luck, and stay safe.

ETA:  Just looked at KHP, KDOT web sites and found lots of highway safety stuff but ZEROmention of driving on closed roads.  I know they will throw your ass in jail out west, but like I said, I think all KS cares about is that you don't wreck.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:02:36 AM EDT
Disregard?

You can't tell me what to do!

I'm bumpin' this to the friggin' top!

I have no idea wtf you're talking about.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:08:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2006 10:08:13 AM EDT by 82ndAbn]
82nd
Top Top