Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 12:39:46 PM EST
I have no game, no skills and am not a player.

with that said, there was this girl at work who I had seen around and I talked with once. Anyways I was talking with her today and she asked my name, then she was like "i am..." and I was like "jen right?" she was like yeah.. then I said I remembered her from a presentation she did a couple weeks ago.

The thing that worries me is she was kinda suprised that I knew her name, my intent was to show that I thought she was important enough to remember her name. But maybe i just freaked her out.

Anyways another stupid thing is why did I wait for her to ask my name I should have introduced myself.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:41:03 PM EST
You think WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:41:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

Sgtar15

+1

Relax.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:42:50 PM EST

Sgtar15

+1

it's been a while, hasn't it?

-HS
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:43:15 PM EST
you did fine. If she's freaked out, then she's not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:43:32 PM EST
Not at all. A good memory is impressive. But some people do react differently. She was probably just surprised because that probably doesn't happen to her very often. BUT, if wuz a playa yood know that you shouldn't divulge that you remembered that shit! Do'h

I think you'll be alright.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:44:34 PM EST

Sgtar15

+3 you need to up the playitcool factor a few knotches
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:45:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:
BUT, if wuz a playa yood know that you shouldn't divulge that you remembered that shit! Do'h

I know I am trying that new thing were your not suppose to give women THAT much attention so they want you more...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:45:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:46:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 12:46:37 PM EST by Dolomite]
Stalker?

Had you instantly lifted up your McDonalds uniform shirt and shown her the fresh scars that spelled out "J 3 N " - she may have then formed an opinion about you - but at this juncture, no, you're not a stalker.

Yet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:46:20 PM EST
Basically you can tell you're coming off as a stalker when you got a face full of pepper spray.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:46:48 PM EST
she was probably surprised you finished her sentence for her.

...if that was the extent of your first meeting, i doubt you could hae screwed up too badly. next time you see her, just be friendly and polite and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:47:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Cereal-Killer:
a face full of pepper spray.

a.k.a: Illinois fore-play
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:47:47 PM EST
No, it's when you say, "Jen, right? 567 Briar Lane, Apartment 4B? Third from the end? Blue '02 Camry with Michelin tires and an expired parking sticker from the community college? Work out at Bally's at 3rd and Washington from 5:30 to 6:15 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday? Drink either Diet Coke twith a twist or iced tea withou lemon, which I think is very interesting? Size 7 shoes? Small scar on your left knee? Use a Verizon cell phone, but used to have Sprint until you changed it because you were getting a lot of weird phone calls between 9:30 and 9:45 on Tuesdays?" that you're a stalker.

The judge was very specific on that point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:48:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By mike45acp:

BUT, if wuz a playa yood know that you shouldn't divulge that you remembered that shit! Do'h

I know I am trying that new thing were your not suppose to give women THAT much attention so they want you more...

If you are keeping trace of how much attention you are giving her, then you are giving too much.

WANBBAH
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:51:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:
No, it's when you say, "Jen, right? 567 Briar Lane, Apartment 4B? Third from the end? Blue '02 Camry with Michelin tires and an expired parking sticker from the community college? Work out at Bally's at 3rd and Washington from 5:30 to 6:15 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday? Drink either Diet Coke twith a twist or iced tea withou lemon, which I think is very interesting? Size 7 shoes? Small scar on your left knee? Use a Verizon cell phone, but used to have Sprint until you changed it because you were getting a lot of weird phone calls between 9:30 and 9:45 on Tuesdays?" that you're a stalker.

The judge was very specific on that point.

Think I'll use this next time a (well meaning) friend introduces me to one of her friends.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:52:52 PM EST

Sgtar15

+1

If she is at all interested, she will be flattered that you remembered her name.

Now there might have been a problem if you knew hew address, phone number, maiden name, ss#, and where she shops for underwear.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:56:15 PM EST
Ever cold call a chick with a phone number you got from a third party and had her not remember you?

It sucks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:57:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By 4xys2xxs:

Sgtar15

+1

If she is at all interested, she will be flattered that you remembered her name.

Now there might have been a problem if you knew hew address, phone number, maiden name, ss#, and where she shops for underwear.....

I know a chicks cell number she gave me, 18 months ago. Shes so hot I can't forget it, even though she doesnt have the cell number anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:01:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Ever cold call a chick with a phone number you got from a third party and had her not remember you?

It sucks.

I never had the balls to do that, plus if she couldn't "remember" me why would she agree to meet me??
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:02:18 PM EST

with that said, there was this girl at work who I had seen around and I talked with once. Anyways I was talking with her today and she asked my name, then she was like "i am..." and I was like "jen right?" she was like yeah.. then I said I remembered her from a presentation she did a couple weeks ago.

The thing that worries me is she was kinda suprised that I knew her name, my intent was to show that I thought she was important enough to remember her name. But maybe i just freaked her out.

Anyways another stupid thing is why did I wait for her to ask my name I should have introduced myself.

It's not like you told her you knew what kind of panties she had on... I think you'll be alright.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:03:46 PM EST

... if she couldn't "remember" me why would she agree to meet me??

----> because you sound like a confident, smart guy on the phone? You can talk women into just about anything (rarely, sex).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:03:57 PM EST

Sgtar15

+1

I know a chicks cell number she gave me, 18 months ago. Shes so hot I can't forget it, even though she doesnt have the cell number anymore.

But do you know her pets names? Where she went last Tuesday? What her license plate # is? If the answer to these questions is yes...You might be a stalker...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:06:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

... if she couldn't "remember" me why would she agree to meet me??

----> because you sound like a confident, smart guy on the phone? You can talk women into just about anything (rarely, sex).

yeah but come on from a womans perspective wouldn't meeting a stranger worry them??

Actually you are right they are fucking stupid!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:07:28 PM EST
"I was 'like', she was 'like', I was 'like'."
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:08:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By astro:
"I was 'like', she was 'like', I was 'like'."

totally cool dude.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:10:13 PM EST
I think the pause was probably because she then had to wonder if she had met you and perhaps a bit of pre-embarrasment if she had met you and couldn't recollect your name. (Does she drink to much or what?) I know if someone had finished my "Introductory" sentence with my name, I'd pause to wonder if I should also know that person's name.

So relax.

Beyond that, it's probably the part where you said in a monotone: "It puts the lotion on the skin" that she was taken by surprise.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:13:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By glockguy40:

It's not like you told her you knew what kind of panties she had on... I think you'll be alright.

In high school a buddy of mine was the cousin of the hottest girl in the school. I gave him a report that day, at 1000 hours, of everything she was wearing, including the underwear if I could see them, all through Sophomore year

He hated that!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:13:57 PM EST

It sucks.

I never had the balls to do that, plus if she couldn't "remember" me why would she agree to meet me??

How was I supposed to know she was drunk and couldn't remember me?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:13:58 PM EST
You should probably follow her home a couple of times to ask her if she was offended.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:14:16 PM EST
You did good, now go polish the one eyed dolphin.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:17:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By 762mmMAN:
You should probably follow her home a couple of times to ask her if she was offended.

I was asked my his Honor and the Deputies to not contact her
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:33:24 PM EST

Sgtar15

yep. Doomed. DOOMED I say.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:39:50 PM EST

A good and obvious point.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:40:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By rayra:

Sgtar15

yep. Doomed. DOOMED I say.

I was just thinking... shouldn't that say TOO much??
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:45:53 PM EST

Sgtar15

see above
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:55:13 PM EST
Anyway, put it in her pooper an post pics!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:59:50 PM EST
And i thought I was pathetic .
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:02:32 PM EST
like...wowww man......

+1 on the relax....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:10:42 PM EST
Whatever you do, don't over-analyze and try to make sense of women - most can't figure themselves out.

2 weeks ago, this young lady approaches me (not vice-versa) in a bar. We talk for about an hour until closing time, she gives me her number and asks me to call her next weekend - I do, she says she'll call me back. She never does. Go figure.

Life is too short to worry about what is gong through the mind of a woman. Just be yourself and let nature take its course.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:22:59 PM EST
I can't believe you're hitting on my girlfriend. If I ever find you, you're dead scumbag...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:49:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By FiftyCalibre:
And i thought I was pathetic .

Worse...you're Aussie.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:54:13 PM EST

A good and obvious point.

yup....now try not to think to much....leads to SEVERE INSOMNIA.....trust me!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:56:27 PM EST
Only need to worry if you said "Jen.... my.... Precious" in a Gollum type accent
Top Top