Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 7:58:45 AM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=963787&mesg_id=963787
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:05:22 AM EDT
With what?  Spitwads?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:09:42 AM EDT
Apparently it hasn't occured to that fool that most of the liberal websites would be used as a tool for the "neo-cons".
Hey, what better way to convince a fencesitter of how bad the Demos are than to send them to DU?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:09:59 AM EDT
Patriot Act II legislation has already been passed through covert means, and it might be wise to consider the possibility that martial law is fast approaching.

[red]Logic[/red] would dictate that the neoconservatives would never allow websites such as the Democratic Underground to flourish--said shutdown of progressive sites would be necessary in order to dispel national and global coalitions comprised of moderates, SANE conservatives, and liberals.

Shouldn't we be mentally prepared for the day when the attempt to log onto the DU is met with that familiar white screen and black text? And bartcop, mother jones, or even the nation? What would we do? What steps would YOU take to organize? What thoughts would run through your head?

[red]Please don't tell me I'm being paranoid.[/red] Not in my wildest dreams (or nightmares, natch) did I entertain the notion that America could descend into fascism so effortlessly, but it is staring us in the face, nonetheless.

Edit: One more thing. This thread is not intended as an exercise. My intentions are deadly f%^#ing serious.
View Quote

Uh, the Patriot Act is to make it easier to nab terrorists before they pull off an attack.  I dont think the Feds care about a nest of trembling paranoid lunatics who dont do much besides attend protests or arrange Al Franken books in front of Ann Coulter's in bookstores.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:13:52 AM EDT
I hate to say it, but if the internet was as popular in 1993-1996 asit is today, arfkom under BJ Clinton and Reno probably would have sounded very similar to what these fruitcakes sound like today under Bush/Ashcroft.  A warning lesson to us all.  There but for the grace of Shrub, go I.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:14:49 AM EDT
How do you all tolerate that crap?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:17:53 AM EDT
Whats really funny is how alot of the worries at DU are the same worries we have here at AR15.com, just from a differant perspective.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:25:11 AM EDT
It appears that they want to go war against Bush.  I hope that the FBI is tracking IP's and pays them a visit.  What they don't seem to understand is that Bush follows the Constitution much more closely than Clinton ever did.  I remember several cases where Clinton sent people up the river for questioning his policy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:35:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gunham:
It appears that they want to go war against Bush.  I hope that the FBI is tracking IP's and pays them a visit.  What they don't seem to understand is that Bush follows the Constitution much more closely than Clinton ever did.  I remember several cases where Clinton sent people up the river for questioning his policy.
View Quote

You hope the FBI is tracking IP's?

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't done anything illegal on the internet, so I'm not terribly worried about the fbi tracking me, but seeing how I and most of the people on this site believe in a Constitutionally recognized, God-given right to privacy, I personally hope the FBI is NOT tracking their IP.

I like freedom. I think those individuals I DON"T like should have it, too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:40:38 AM EDT
I agree with arowner.  In a relatively short period of time the shoe could be on the other foot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:43:28 AM EDT
I was talking about the poster's on the DU website.  They appear to be heading into violence.  Also during the Clinton years, people would say things that were less indication of violence and they would get visits by the FBI.

P. S.  I think that the DU board needs to be renamed to the UD board, as soo much of what they talk about is Un-Democratic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:55:04 AM EDT
Lord! What a bunch of dipS**ts ...

That was my first time even looking at that site - I hate those organized like that...talk about sifficult to navigate!

But the stuff they are going on about! Sheesh!  One person doesn't like people looking for the truth, another is willing to sacrifice his principles - they talk of the internet being shut down, then suggest that they can move the discussion to the news groups cause "the newsgroups will always be there" ... hmmm,and those newsgroups are where?  And the last suggestion is IRC - that's Internet RC ... yeah, real bright these folks... (yes, I know that it can be run on an "intranet", but how would that work - a bunch of litte intra's all connected ... isn't that sorta what we have now?)

Sheesh!

Now I'm going to wash out my eyes...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:10:56 AM EDT
LOL. I don't think they realize how badly outnumbered they are, much less that many of us have military training and are much better shots!

I do understand their concerns about the so-called Patriot Acts. I voted for Bush and his father. Generally like him for a president. Unfortunately, though, another administration my take considerable liberties in using these laws against american citizens and dismantling the Constitution. They are worried about Bush, I am worried about the Schumers, Kennedys, Feinswines and Hilaries. These are bad laws. Restrict entry into the US and allow US citizens more freedom, not less.

I do have to wonder though, how any of them could get a gun. Seems they would be denied by NICS after their mental health histories popped up!

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:38:29 AM EDT
DU'ers probably have a much higher illegal drug use rate than the people over here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:28:21 AM EDT
Well, guys, I agree with the SGT on this one.

We may al disagree on EVERYTHING but the big stuff.

While most of them hate the 2nd amendment, the ones who don't generally understand why we have it.

If IT ever happens, we may be sharing a foxhole with a well intentioned, but mis-informed duher.

It's kinda like burning the flag.  I'll support your absolute right to do it, but unfortunately, if you do it in front of me, I'm gonna kick your ass for it.

TXL

Sure, there lunatics, but here in this country, they still have that right.  And if someone comes to take it away from them, they are taking it away from us as well.

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:58:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
... alot of the worries at DU are the same worries we have here at AR15.com, just from a differant perspective....
View Quote

My reaction also.

Take the DU post quoted by [b]raven[b], change a few of the terms, and it could easily have been posted here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:08:47 PM EDT
[rolleyes]
Someone watched Net Force last night.[LOL]

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:46:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TxLewis:
If IT ever happens, we may be sharing a foxhole with a well intentioned, but mis-informed duher.
View Quote

That would last about [s]30[/s] [s]10[/s] 2 seconds and I would be taking applications for new shooting buddy [;)]

I dont like being in a county full of them, you want me in a foxhole with one? *If 'IT' happens, there will be no CID, fragging will be A-OK!  
Top Top