Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2004 3:19:39 PM EST
I say people in CA will be in the clear if they have marked LEO mags,

heres my opinion, your driving down the street you get nailed for having LEO HI CAPs you tell the officer that you bought them before 2000 when CA passed its hi cap mag ban.

I believe you are not in violation of the law Technically at one time you were in violation of a law that no longer exists(possesing LEO marked mags). The government is not going to punish you for a law that has been defeated.

Kinda like if you got caught with beer that was manufactured during prohibition, after prohibition was over, yes you were breaking the law at one time but the law doesn't exist anymore!

is my logic flawed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:29:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 3:33:25 PM EST by AR-10]
My thought is that you would likely have the magazines confiscated. That opens the door for the officer to confiscate the rifle also, to check things out, as you are obviously a shady character. Then you may spend a month or two, or a year getting the rifle back, if it doesn't get lost or broken in the evidence room.

I'm paranoid like that.

That does not address the legal-illegal aspect of the whole thing. It may be legal, but is it something you want to do?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:39:31 PM EST
oh no I was just discussing it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:41:35 PM EST
Makes sense to me.
But remember to check the dates on the mags.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:44:24 PM EST
Most of the LEO/Mil only mags are marked with a month and year of manu. aren't they?

As long as the mag. was marked before 2000 you might "get away with it."
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:49:02 PM EST
some say Mil,LEO and they have other numbers but it isn't clearly marked.
Top Top